One full week in...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Bren
New, but learning

One full week in...

Post by Bren »

Well, I started last Thursday and I am still so very excited about a lot of things on this WOE...

First of all, I LOVE not being HUNGRY!!! Oh, how freeing that is!

Secondly, I love that I feel so good...not weak, tired, irritable from being hungry...which is how every other diet has made me feel...

I love the food, but I love fruit and I love beans and I never get tired of either one, so this was a natural fit for me from the start! :tongue:

And...though I am not supposed to weigh, I am down 5 and 1/2 pounds...can we say happy dance?!!!

I'm just starting...this time next year...a so much thinner me!!!
~Bren

bingo

Re: One full week in...

Post by bingo »

Welcome Bren, How Sweet it is ! The FACT that we will never have to be hungry or  irratable again because of being hungry ! I am coming up on a year anniversary on ldl and have lost 47# so far,,,and eating and enjoying all of the fabulous recipies on line and in the book ! There are so many wonderful  "neighbors " here to cheer you along the way on your journey.  How did you find out about ldl ? I came across it by First Magazine ,Praise the Lord ! Have a Blessed Day,,,bingo
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome Bren, you are doing a wonderful job, and will find it very easy to stick with the program!          ck
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bren and Bingo- You both are experiencing the Joy of LDL!  Congratulations.  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on August 6th, 2010, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've been at goal over 6 months now and still find it hard to believe!  I can't keep the good news to myself.  Some people don't try it, just because they think it is impossible, I think.  There are those who say they can't give up bread or can't give up rice, but bread and rice are no where near as good as not having a spare tire around my midsection.  Sometimes it helps to tell them they can have bread ocassionally after they lose the weight.  I actually have had it ocassionally myself, but it really isn't so great.  They'll see that after eating this way.  They just have to get started with it. 

Bren -- if weighing helps you be encouraged, go ahead and do it.  I weighed daily and did just fine with it.  I actually read that people who weigh daily lose weight faster and maintain better.  There are many opinions on this, and my personal one is it helped me stay focused.  I notice about myself that when I don't want to weigh, it is because I want to not know how much I gained -- after eating off a bit.  On those days, I force myself to weigh so I can have a reality check and stick with the program!  :D
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So good to hear from Bingo.  Great job, and Bren, you're on your way.  I love this WOE for the same reasons.  I'm at goal, but have no idea of ever eating any differently.  I enjoy the foods, and if I now take something extra, the next day I am back to LDL foods.  I don't think that I'll ever consume sugar products again.  I don't miss them because of the abundance of luscious fruit.    :thumbsup:  JF
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Bren and Bingo---- I love  *love* love  *love* love  *love* hearing the joy in your posts. Congratulations to you both!

Julie :rose:
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

Thanks so much for all your encouragement! Crickadoodle...you help me to see that I can be where you are in just a few months... :thumbsup:

People are getting tired of my yapping about LDL but hey...when you find something this good, you gotta tell it, right?!
~Bren

Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Way to go Bren Congrats to you. I too love this way of eating and never feeling hungry  hugs Karen
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

Thanks, Karen! Bingo, I googled the question "What do you do when you've tried everything to lose weight" and LDL came up...God sent this glorious plan to me, that's how I found it...I had NEVER even heard of it before and neither has anyone I know...how can something this wonderful be such a secret?!

Won't be for long in my neck of the woods because I am spreading the news...just bought my SIL a book of her own and will probably be buying more for other family members. I know so many people who need the FREEDOM of this plan to lose weight!
~Bren

jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

WOOHOO!!!!
Way to go!!! You will love this woe.. Ive been on since january 3rd and i have lost a lot of weight.. Best of luck to you!!!!  *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

JK - You are Waaaaayyyyyyyyy too modest. You are one of the best losers/winners on LDL.  *hug*

Julie  :rose: