Pizza Crust - LDL Style

Great filling main dish recipes!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Pizza Crust - LDL Style

Post by LINDA RN »

I started this thread  to help keep some wonderful pizza recipes in one place for the newbies. Although they are my posts, they are not my recipes, so I will give credit where credit is due.....

From Roger Troy Wilson:
Pizza Crust - LDL - Once in a While

Rinse and drain a can of great northern beans and dump it into the blender
Add 2 egg whites, a little olive oil, a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian spices
Blend and pour into a sprayed pie dish
Bake at 425 degrees until it sets
Add any toppings you like and finish baking
This comes out like pizza-has a firm crust
Just be sure to use LDL toppings and go easy on the fat-free cheese

RT
Last edited by LINDA RN on August 7th, 2010, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Pizza Crust - LDL Style

Post by LINDA RN »

From Coding Queen:

Zucchini pizza crust recipe
    April 01, 2010, 01:27:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is very good and doesn't use as much cheese.

Zucchini Pizza Crust

Grate zucchini salt it and set it aside for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
Squeeze zucchini out tightly, there will be liquid to squeeze out.
You will need 3-4 cups of grated zucchini per crust.
Add 3 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella
Add spices you like on pizza in this crust mixture.
maybe basil, oregano,cumin, garlic powder.
Put this mixture in a 9 X 12 pan, or on a pizza stone in oven
that has been preheated to 350 Degrees F. for 20 minutes
Remove from oven, turn broiler on and broil about 5 minutes till brown.Than remove from broiler, turn oven back to 350 and add the pizza sauce, and other toppings you enjoy on pizza, cook for another 20 minutes. May than add cheese and cook until it melts.

Enjoy,

CQ

Re: Zucchini pizza crust recipe
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:12:18 AM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry guys. I was at work when I posted this and I really didn't have a lot of time to explain everything.

This is really good if you prepare it on a pizza stone in the oven instead of a pan because it makes it crispy.

I always leave a one inch border for the tomato sauce...homemake of course...and then some cooked ground venison sausage with some peppers, onions and mushrooms. You only need a tad of cheese to finish it off at the end. Of course, it's very good with other toppings as well like black olives, spinach, etc.

It's not the usual fast food pizza that you're accustomed to but it's still very good. After all, we're wanting to get away from the bad way of eating and still please our taste buds.

CQ
Last edited by LINDA RN on August 7th, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

From Graceface66:

when I make pizza for my family....I also make pizza for me. I rinse a can of great northern beans and dump it into the blender , add 2 eggs ,a little olive oil, a little salt, pepper,garlic powder and italian spices, sometimes a little baking powder..........blend and pour into a sprayed pie dish..........bake at 425 until it sets........add any toppings you like and finish baking............this comes out like pizza...........has a firm crust.....just be sure to use ldl toppings and go easy on the cheese.    
                                                               G-d bless
                                                                         love
                                                                              Kris
Last edited by LINDA RN on August 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

From Niki:

Pizza/Spaghetti/Marinara Sauce

Granma Julia's Marinara Sauce
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »

This was the way I had to learn to make sauce because once my children ate my friend's sauce, they refused to eat mine....
        2  28 oz cans of whole tomatoes(preferably the plum tomatoes)
        1 medium onion
        10 nice size cloves of garlic
        7-8 leaves(with the smaller stems)of fresh basil

Break up the tomatoes with your hands(in a bowl)and then benderize.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, sauté the onion whole in olive oil....it should be brown all around, so put that in first, then add the garlic whole until brown all around also...add the tomatoes......whenever you want, you fish out the garlic(could be sooner...could be later)but you leave the onion in until the end......
Salt, pepper and simmer it for a couple of hours....about an hour before it's done cooking, clean and add the basil and continue cooking....
NO ONE cooks like Granma Julia
Linda

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I made pizza today using this crust recipe. While it was baking, I ate a bowl of pinto beans. I had thought that I would eat all of the pizza. Well, I got so stuffed that I only ate half of it. It was delicious but the next time I'll put a little bit more salt in the crust. I definitely will be making this again!!!

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Ollie,
When you get it tweeked, be sure to post your version to this thread
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Had Graceface's pizza crust yesterday, except I made it with garbanzos.  Bake the crust first, cool, then add toppings and bake.  Delicious!!!  Pam
JayC

Post by JayC »

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of zucchini crust. Great new recipes to try, I think they are rare recipes. By the way, is it also possible to make pizza crust with pineapple flavor? Thanks.
Last edited by JayC on September 27th, 2010, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKEllis

Post by MKEllis »

I found your pizza recipe and it sounded great, but went to the cupboard and was out of Great Northern Beans.  So with your theme in mind I used pinto beans with the egg whites and added taco spices and top the crust with salsa, onions, olives and ground beef with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top. It was yummy.  Next trip to the store I will get ingredients to try yours.  Thanks for sharing.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

MKEllis -- that's the spirit!  If you don't have the exact ingredients, get creative.  Yours sounds like an equally good dish to try.  A local pizzaria does a taco pizza and that sounds like what you made in the LdL version.  Love it!  One day I'll have to try this.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

MKEllis
I made the white bean crust for the first time yesterday and it was delicious.  But I like the sounds of your pizza so in the future will have to try that.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I am so amazed at the recipes in the LDL way of eating!
Thanks for sharing!  :rose:
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

I made the zuchinni crust one and it was so good.  I will try the bean one too, Pizza is one of my favorite foods.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
Gene

Post by Gene »

Linda RN,

What do you mean it it sets??? I tried to make it guess I baked it to long, I had to throw mine away, it was awfull.

Gene
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Gene
Have you tried the bean crust?  It was really quite good and once I added all the toppings it was delicious.
Gene

Post by Gene »

WG,

It was the bean crust that I tried.

ICL

Gene
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I added alot of italian seasoning and garlic to it.  I liked it better then the popcorn flour crust.  It doesn't taste like regular pizza crust but was good.
I never did try the zucchini crust but maybe next summer when I have a garden again I will try it.
I also make pizza on a thin omelet and it is real good.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I've been looking for a good LDL crust!  Can't wait to try it. The only one I found online was one that called for shredded cauliflower and cheese. The cheese actually bound the crust together. It looked good but it was just too much cheese to be LDL legal. :tongue:

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
knighte

Post by knighte »

DH made this pizza for us last night and a deep dish pizza for the boys. This pizza was very good, will make it again. Thanks for posting the recipe  :D.
P
E
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I'm wondering why the LDL pizza crust has to be just once in awhile? As far as I can see, the beans, egg whites and evoo are LDL staples. I'm thinking that the amount of cheese you top it with would make it a once in awhile treat?

Like MKEllis I would only use a sprinkling of parmesan cheese with other permitted toppings. I still have to try this recipe!

I'm home sick today with the flu.  :sick: First time I've had it in several years. I should have known that it would happen when people started dropping like flies in my office. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I'm definitely going to make this bean crust when I'm up to it!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose