NEED YOUR COMMENTS on Booksneeze Reviews of Let's Do Lunch

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
dgottreu
New, but learning

Re: NEED YOUR COMMENTS on Booksneeze Reviews of Let's Do Lunch

Post by dgottreu »

Roger I am one of those bloggers and I posted a review on BookSneeze on the 17th and also on Barnes & Noble.  That was the first time I knew of your book but I am now trying to do the plan.
Deanna Love Gottreu
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Phil. 4:6 NLT
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

dgottreu
Welcome to Let's Do Lunch.  You will find, as we all have who stay with the program that the weight falls off and our health returns to normal.  I have been on this way of eating since Nov and have lost real close to 90 lb.  I feel full of energy for the first time in years and have regained my self confidence.

Remember to read the book thru more then once to get all the important information.  The main thing to remember is to eat until full.  In the beginning don't worry about how often you eat even if it means in between meals.  Your body, once the cravings are gone will adjust to eating only what is needed at meal time.  I have tried most fad diets out there and they do not work long term.  This is a program that I can stick with a life time and not get bored with all the wonderful recipes and food allowed.

Ask all the questions you need and someone will be there to answer and help support you on your way to weight loss.  Hope to see lots more of you on the boards.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Deanna and welcome to Let's Do Lunch!

You should know that this is the last book you will ever need to read that is about getting to and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. Can't wait to hear how great you are doing!  You will be so surprised at how easy it is to stick with this healthy WOE (way of eating)!  The will power is built right in.

You have already received some great advice so I will just say --- all you have to do is stick to Roger's plan and eat!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
dgottreu
New, but learning

Post by dgottreu »

Wendy,
Thanks for the welcome.  I have read the book three times and feel I have the can do and can’t do all set in my mind.  I am in constant pain from arthritis in every joint except my toes and elbows and that saps my energy big time.  I pray that this woe will give me some energy.  And of course losing weight will definitely help the knees.   
I do not eat huge amounts of food but I do eat until I am just full.  More and I will lose it.  :O) I eat dinner about six or seven and then am up until midnight or later so I usually have to have a snack for I cannot eat when I am hungry.  Been chowing down on watermelon and frozen grapes, even though the grapes ‘freeze’ my tongue.  Fortunately my only craving is sugar but I will beat it.
I am working on making thirty-five quilts by November for my church to give with the food boxes that we do at Christmas so will not be spending too much time on the boards.  I could sit at the computer and read all day long.  :O)

Roger,
Yes you welcomed me earlier but nice to get a second welcome.  :O) I admire you for giving all the proceeds from the sale of the book to worthwhile charities.

Julie,
Thanks for the welcome.  Actually LDL is the first book I have ever read on eating right.  When I have lost weight before I just ate six small meals a day and it worked for me, until I started eating more again, especially sweets.  But I feel this will be so much better for it cuts out all the bad stuff.  I am not going to say that I will never eat the wrong thing again.  Come Thanksgiving, I will probably have a piece of sweet potato pie.  LOL Well right now I think I will but who knows, I might not want it when the holiday rolls around.
I am going to stick to the plan for I must lose this weight or my knees are going to give out completely for they are already bone on bone.

Deanna Gottreu
Deanna Love Gottreu
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I know what you mean about pain.  I was in terrible pain when I began LDL and it has pretty much all went away.  I did have surgery on my right knee and it is doing wonderful.  I am working on relieving my back of pain but I am sure just losing weight has helped all my joints.  I used to have terrible pain in my ankles and feet and that is totally gone so I am feeling very blessed.
Hope you find relief very soon with this life style change.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Deanna- Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!  We are so happy that you have found this wonderful way of eating.  I lived with chronic pain from my MS for years, then one day several months into LDL it occurred to me that I didn't have pain and couldn't remember having pain for at least a couple of weeks.  This eating plan is alkaline and anti-inflammatory so I hope you will experience the same wonderful side effect as Wendy and i have enjoyed.  You will love the food, this board, and the results of LDL.  Expect miracles!!!  Pam
dgottreu
New, but learning

Post by dgottreu »

Wendy,
Was your pain from arthritis?  It will be a blessing from God if all my pain goes away but afraid will have to have knee replacements for the knees.  I would also love to be able to stop taking blood pressure and cholesterol medicines.  Unfortunately I don’t think that any food is going to help with glaucoma.  If one does I would love to know about it.
Something that I think about quite often is that God gave us all these wonderful foods and then we go and mess them up with sauces, cheese, butter, etc.

Roger,
We used to go to relatives for Thanksgiving but for the past few years other than me, it is just my two sons and a fiancée.  The older son has lost lots of weight and now eats very sensibly.  He would probably go along with the LDL meal but I am afraid my younger son and his fiancée would get up and go to a restaurant.  :O) We will just have to see.

Pam,
Thanks for the welcome.  One of my fondest hopes right now is that this eating plan will eliminate a lot of my pain.  I know that just losing the extra weight will help greatly for I have small bones and they were not made to hold this much weight.  I am praying for and expecting a miracle.
Deanna Love Gottreu
dgottreu
New, but learning

Post by dgottreu »

I will be sure to let everyone know how my boys reacted to LDL food.  :O)  Of course they could just fill up on turkey breast.  I read some of the holiday recipes the other day and will have to go back and read some more and copy ones I like.
Deanna
P.S.  Roger are you or your family originally from Pennsylvania?
Deanna Love Gottreu
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Some of the pain was arthritis like in my left knee but it feels fine now.  I never had a doctor tell me I had fibromyalgia but that is what I always suspected.  Anyway it is mostly gone and that is what matters.  I pray you will find the same relief.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Deanna,
Neither my husband or I have a diagnosis of any chonic illness like arthritis or MS but I used to buy a big bottle of Motrin from Sam's at least every month. We took 800mg each dose and husband would take more than one dose a day and I tootk at least one dose a day several days a week for the general aches, pains, and headaches. I can tell you I don't think I have bought any Motrin since starting LDL in November. DH was on BP meds for 20 years and 3 months after following DL faithfully, he quit taking his meds and has been off it for 5 months now and his BP is still normal. I am sure if you stick to the Pure LDL way you will be pain free before you know it. A coworker several years ago who was so crippled up with rheumatoid arthritis said the Lord spoke very clearly to her about only eating whole foods. She said when she followed that, she had no pain. She had never heard about LDL at the time, but when I shared with her, she said since then she has slowly let processed foods back in and the pain has returned. It really does work! Just stay with it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
dgottreu
New, but learning

Post by dgottreu »

Wendy,
I have a friend at church who has fibromyalgia so will have to tell her about this woe.  She does not need to lose weight but that is an advantage.  I too am praying for relief from the pain.  Most nights I have trouble going to sleep because of the pain in my knees.

Linda,
That is great to hear that your husband could stop the BP medicine.  I hate taking medicines for they all have bad side effects, which are sometimes almost as bad as the ailment for which you are taking the medicine.  The hope of being pain free is enough to keep me going on this woe.  Need to get off the computer and eat a bunch of fruit for supper.
Deanna Love Gottreu