Trying again,,,,,,3rd times a charm........wish me luck

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cuzican

Trying again,,,,,,3rd times a charm........wish me luck

Post by cuzican »

I have decided to try again.  I have ordered my 3rd book.  I have been reading posts and find them so inspiring.  This has been the only meal plan that has worked at all for me, but I do not seem to have the disciple to continue with it. The sad part is not only would I benefit but I could help others also, but first I have to show them it can be done.  I have lived and worked in the same area for most of my life so seeing would be believing......I am writing this to make myself accountable to this plan and these boards.  Thanks for being there/here.

Barb
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Trying again,,,,,,3rd times a charm........wish me luck

Post by witheraway1 »

You have to be determind to just stick to it and don't worry. I lose very slow but it is happening so I continue to look better. If this had been anyother plan I would have left. But I can eat on this. Don't think of this as a diet but a way to eat. You can't leave until you have reached the finish line, then you are here for life. This is something that can be done, others tell you that just stay the course this time ,and let us here from you often.
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Cuzican,

Welcome back.  I know you can do this.  If I can anyone can.  I have learned one thing about this WOE.  It's Soooooo Easy to do.  My clothes are fitting me differently.  My family's noticing and cheering me on.  The many friends I've met on this website are very supportive.  You can do this....It's Not A Diet...It's a Way of Eating.....

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Cuzican,
Third time was the charm for me as well. The first 2 times I tried this diet, I didn't even last a week. This time I have lasted a month - longer than any other diet I have been on since age 13. I have lost 9 pounds in 1 month. I would liked to have lost more but I really didn't suffer at all. Any other diet I go on, I suffer so much with hunger. This time you will be successful to. My biggest challenge was not weighing myself everyday! Good luck! You can do it!
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Thanks to all of you.  YOu have inspired me. On my way to work with LDL foods. Thanks again and God Bless.

Barb
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Barb, you know that you can do this.  Sometimes we don't do what we know is best for us and need to dig a little in ourselves to find out why.  I guess we've all done some soul searching.  I think sometimes it is because we know that if we are successful and lose the weight, we no longer have the excuse that "I'm too fat to do ________________."  Fill in the blank.  We don't want to be heavy, but it certainly is an excuse we use for a myriad of things.  You know there are others who need to see you succeed and it'll change their lives too.  I've felt that exact same way and I just want you to know that it is so gratifying to realize that many others are getting control of this area of their lives because you stuck to it and found success.

Now, I think with LDL, we have no more excuses.  LDL is so painless and so satisfying and easy to stick to.  You aren't going to have to be hungry -- you know that.  You get to indulge in foods that are delicious and healthy too. 

We are all pulling for you!
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Welcome back!!! Best of luck you you!!  *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Thank you all again, its like going home and having a support system.  Home from work now  and looking up receipe's for smoothies.  I am not a icecream/sherbert/smoothie craver. If anyone has any suggestions about the very best smoothie or dinner meal please let me know.  I am going to read and read and read.

Thanks I really appreciate all the support.

Barb
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The Taco Soup seems to be the easiest to throw together and keeps and freezed well. DH can't get enough of it. I like the Pizza soup tho it takes a little more prep energy. The crustless Blueberry pie is easy peasy, and the same crustless apple pie is just as delicious and only harder since you have to peel the apples. I have not been much in a mood for smoothies this year, but there are many delish ones on the boards.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

What kind of smoothies are you looking for?  There are some on the boards from creamy banana and sweet fruit  to orange or pineapple that are  more sour.  I love the pineapple, frozen banana with coconut flavoring.  I add ice cubes for more bulk and thin it out with water or some pineapple or even grapefruit juice.  I have been making my smoothies this summer without bananas so they are more like icys or the slurpees.  I love sour so I make mine with the orange concentrate and lemon juice and sometimes add frozen pineapple.  I add ice and water to make what thickness I want.
I tried frozen grapes and grape juice with ice and that is good also.
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

:) :) Well home from work early, only 8 hrs and put a chicken on to cook with carrots, celery and onion.  Looking to add corn later.  Has anyone added beans to chicken soup?  I'm thinking about adding some. Thanks for all the ideas on smoothies.  I know the soups are good I had them before and will make them again.  Again its great knowing you all are there for support.

Oh I received my book today so will read read read it again.

Barb
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

White beans in chicken soup make a nice substitute for potatoes or pasta. Also blenderizing white beans and adding them back will make a delicious cream of chicken soup. Then if there are leftovers and you want a change, add low fat or parmesian cheese for a cheesy chiken soup
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Thanks a bunch.  Will try.

Barb
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Back!!!!know you will succeed this time.!!!Yeahhhhhh
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

:thumbsup:  So far today an LDL day. Breakfast was apples nuked in microwave with a few frozen berriers on top and stevia sprinkled on plate before nuking. Oh and my coffee. Lunch bought a chicken at Walmart and took off the skin on 1/2 of the breast.  Had some pinto beans previously cooked. radishes, I love radishes had a few of those.
Topped it off with a raw peeled apple.  I am stuffed. Drinking water now and will the rest of the day, don't have a problem drinking water.  Going to a fish fry/deer fry tonight at friends.  Will take fruit and try to stay away from what I should not have.  Well best get to house work.  It will be 5pm before I know it.  Thanks to all of you for your support.

Barb
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Be sure to ask if you can take some fish and deer home with you so you can enjoy it for lunch tomorrow
Linda

waquin

Post by waquin »

Barb,
I ate watermelon as soon as I got up, sometimes  1/4 of a watermelon!
If I was still hungry an hour later I would have a smoothie:
1 C frozen strawberries (no sugar)
1 Cup Pineapple chunks (packed in it's own juice)
1/2 Cup frozen banana ( I slice bananas, put them on a cookie sheet, put them in the freezer overnight, then stick them in a ziploc freezer bag for later use)
1 Cup of O.J. unsweetened or 1 Cup of pineapple juice, no added sugar
If you work outside the home, take chunks of watermelon in a ziploc bag with you to work, Plus some frozen grapes. And you could make a smoothie and put it in the refrigerator at work.
For lunch take chicken chili with you and heat it in microwave.
Take a small salad with you, too.
When you come home, eat your favorite fresh fruit, all you want and if you're still hungry, eat Let's Do Lunch Bean Soup & a small saladmake Smart Pop popcorn and sprinkle it with low-fat Parmesan cheese ( the kind you sprinkle on spaghetti).
I will be praying for your success on LDL.
I know you can do it; I didn't think I could, but when I got started and saw my clothes getting loose, I knw
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24
waquin

Post by waquin »

Barb,
I ate watermelon as soon as I got up, sometimes  1/4 of a watermelon!
If I was still hungry an hour later I would have a smoothie:
1 C frozen strawberries (no sugar)
1 Cup Pineapple chunks (packed in it's own juice)
1/2 Cup frozen banana ( I slice bananas, put them on a cookie sheet, put them in the freezer overnight, then stick them in a ziploc freezer bag for later use)
1 Cup of O.J. unsweetened or 1 Cup of pineapple juice, no added sugar
If you work outside the home, take chunks of watermelon in a ziploc bag with you to work, Plus some frozen grapes. And you could make a smoothie and put it in the refrigerator at work.
For lunch take chicken chili with you and heat it in microwave.
Take a small salad with you, too.
When you come home, eat your favorite fresh fruit, all you want and if you're still hungry, eat Let's Do Lunch Bean Soup (Pg.42) & a small salad.
Late night I would make Smart Pop popcorn and sprinkle it with low-fat Parmesan cheese ( the kind you sprinkle on spaghetti).
I will be praying for your success on LDL.
I know you can do it; I didn't think I could, but when I got started and saw my clothes getting loose, I knew I could do it.

*love*  waquin
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24