Lapband

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Lapband

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW 15 lbs in a month is awesome. Give him a big high 5.
You see, it can be done. I really believe that you can eat off plan and not gain if you really stick to staying off the grains.
Of course for the maximum weight loss you need to follow the other guidelines but just eliminating the grains,
and eating as much other foods in as much an unprocessed state as possible, you will reshape consistently.
At least that has been my experience.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Thanks everyone...oh...one more thing has finally sunk in for him.  He used to drink alot, ALOT, of sweet tea on the road.  I didn't know that.  Well, since he's been off, he has switched to unsweetened tea and actually loves it.  I think that has been the biggest part of his weight loss.  Just goes to show you how bad sugar is for you.  He has also stopped his milk (whole) and cereal, although he's not happy about that..  :sad:

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

LINDA, I remember a long time ago a DR telling my husband all you had to do was stay away from the breads and sugar to loose weight. And Lisa, I drink my tea all the time without sugar and have for years. I love it that way. I keep a big jug of it all the time in the frig ready to drink. So good. And as you know I am very happy for EDDIE, tell him good job for me. You two will get there!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, for us in the south staying off grains is more than bread.....no gravy!  :shocked:
Here they love their biscquits and gravy!
And breading and frying meats and veggies, like chicken fried steak, fried chicken, breaded, fried okra, squash and now I hear they dust the potatoes in a little flour before deep frying to make them crispier.
OMG the sweet tea also. Some seem to like a little tea with their sugar!
If the tea is made right, you really don't need to add anything to it!
Congrats Eddie.....Keep it up and you will likely have this consistent weight loss for several months before you hit a plateau!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

I had lapband surgery two years ago in Feb. and have lost 44 lbs..  I had lost 60 but gained some back.  I have had some problems but nothing serious.  My problem is a mind set one So that being said I am trying to get on track by using LDL. My band is not so tight that I can only eat a tablespoon at a time,,,I had to have it loosen because of continous vomiting.  I think LDL will help me make the right choices instead of sugar treats and chips.  Beans  are encouraged on lapband surgery patients because you can swallow them easier.  The smoothies satisfy my craving for icecream and I wil try anything to loose weight.  A friend of mine lost 87 lbs on LDL and she is my inspiration.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome, welcome Yayatrudy,
I think you will like the results of following LDL better than anything you have tried before.
Eliminating the grians and all other processed foods will reshape your body in amazing ways you did not think possible.
We are here to help.
Linda

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

LRainbow,

Yep, I'm a chef, Caterer, and Culinary Arts teacher at my 3 sons' High School.  To say that food is my life, in an understatement to say the LEAST...  I have lost 100 lbs as of July 14, 009, and have 100lbs more to go...

I am going to say this, and it's going to seem harsh, but I make no apologies for my opinion... WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY is dangerous.  Both my Mother and my Brother have had it, as well as a few other relatives... and it's tough, and debilitating. They are ill, malnourished, and have lost teeth, hair and muscle tone.  IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE MIND... ONLY THE SIZE OF THE STOMACH.  That is no way to lose weight... unless our MINDS are changed to do ANYTHING... we won't do it... period... end of story.

Sampling our foods, as chefs, is a necessity.  We can't hire someone else to to it for us.  HOW MUCH we sample, and how we sample is the key to successful sampling.  I make FRESH BAKED, ARTISAN BREAD, every single day of my life.  Yesterday alone, I baked 52 loaves of bread for a wedding I catered.  How do I test for salt?  I take a small piece... chew... and.. SPIT... yes... I SPIT IT OUT!
You don't have to swallow the food to taste it.  I promise.  I don't chuck it out of my mouth across the room, and I don't touch it... i just discreetly put it into a paper bag... that's it.  Also, even if you do eat the food you taste... TAKE A VERY, VERY, VERY small taste... and not more than one.  It's simple math... the less you sample, the less calories and bad foods you will ingest.  Once you become passionate about the types of food you know you SHOULD be eating, it completely changes your mind about food, even as a chef, and you CRAVE cooking and eating and serving only high quality, well made, nutrient rich foods, that you don't have to worry about sampling.

I hope you make the right decisions for you and your son/husband/dad, I don't know what relation he is to you...  I can say about a million different excuses about why my losing weight could have/ should have been harder for me more than someone else... but the truth is... my bad decisions led me to this predicament, and there is no room in my life to make excuses for what I've already done... I just need to move forward and not create an environment for myself that continues to fuel bad choices...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

VERY GOOD POST....YOU ARE SO RIGHT, AND HAVE DONE VERY WELL.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Bariatric Surgery does not make anyone healthy.
Only change is that you go from a morbidly obese malnourished person to a skinny malnourished person.
Either way, you are malnourished. Best thing is to to as Sandra says and make the decision to truely nourish God's Temple,
instead of just feeding the mindless cravings for empty calories.
Glad that you and Eddie have pospoded the surgery at least for now.
Linda