Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Post by joecaracappa »

Tom:

It's only what ends up on the dining room table that counts besides, the photo would have been more impressive had the refrigerator been in flames.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
leanerme56
New, but learning

Post by leanerme56 »

You all are so funny!! I love reading these posts...makes me smile...I'm sometimes shy and can't tell a joke worth BEANS tee hee but I love you ALL... ;D  ( p.s.  I"m great at cleaning a kitchen too if needed on this ranch)   ;D  ....Dar
niki

Post by niki »

all let's do lunch volunteers welcome.............niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Dar,
of course you can clean the kitchen.....you can clean mine anytime...it seems as if I leave it to come post here or vaccuum or whatever mine is a total mess....I have a rule that you have to have written permission to go in the kitchen after I have cleaned it for the tenth time in one day!!
ANG

Ps I know you think you cant tell a joke...but maybe Joe's wife Delia will think you are funny???
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Sure she will...............I'm the exception.

I'll be incommunicato for about five days, I have some police reserve stuff to do in Reno so Angela is in charge of comic relief while I'm gone.

Angela:

Don't surpass me in this, it's the only thing left Niki will let me do!

I love you all,
Joe
niki

Post by niki »

take care joe....you too,mary.........behave yourselves....niki
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Be safe youse two .. especially Mary traveling in my least favorite strip of road

Joe - are you one of those police officers from Reno 911?
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I cant believe Joe put me in charge of comic relief..Tom should do that...hes the other funny one.....The only  thing I guess for me to do is make smoothies with the lid off the blender and see what comedic things happen.....I will report back to you,
I definitely wont risk letting  my kids stay alone to cook soup....I am sure gonna miss Joe...when he told me last week he would be going to Reno I didnt realize he would not be on the boards at all..and now Mary too?? niki you better not leave!!!  Well I am  going to make smoothies lidless style.....
ANG
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Mary,
I hope you have a great time with Harrison!!  If anyone deserves a break from cooking etc it is you!!  Me and my 3 year old have definitely built a lot of sand castles this summer, however at a lake instead of the ocean...have a blast and be careful!!!
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Mary - you have a 4-year old?  And a boy in college - now that's a challenge!

Have fun making sand castles - what a great time!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
leanerme56
New, but learning

Post by leanerme56 »

I'm headed to Alligator Alley Thursday...going to spend 4 days with girls I grew up with.  Born and raised here in Florida the alley and the keys have come a long way ...My grandmother used to have to ride ferries across each key to get to Key West .  I have broken down many times in the middle of the night on the old tamiami trail.   Way before 75 went all the way through ...Have a safe trip Mary.  I'm headed to Hollywood.  All my LDL foods are going with me too...I know it will be a fun weekend but I sure am going prepared for late night cards, dominoes and munchies!  Not sure they will notice a leanerme yet but I feel good!!  Love to you all,  Dar....
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Dar,
Have a great trip also!!  Practice on your standup comedy for opening ladies night...dont disappoint Delia!!
This smoothie disaster topic has become going on a trip topic.....not to worry the only trip I will be making is to and form schools every day!!
ANG
leanerme56
New, but learning

Post by leanerme56 »

Aww Ang thank you very much...I sure do not miss those trips to school and back ...my son is 21 now.  Funny though, my mother lives with us and rarely drives anymore so I'm still a taxi...but now at least my son is here to help with the driving while I am gone.  In fact , I almost feel guilty getting away..but he told me he would take good care of his grandma!  Wait till the girls see my "bean bags" in my suitcase.... ;D  I need an opening line for that one,  teehee.....Dar
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Thanks Dar,
I will try to remember how you miss those school trips when I am sitting in line after line....years ago when my oldest now a Junior in High School started school I didnt trust the bus drivers so began spoiling them...now it seems I am going to do this for years to come...still have a preschooler!!
See none of that was funny....Joe is going to be so disappointed!!!But you were funny with your bean bags!!!
ANG
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

What is this?..................I, get to be King For A Day?..........moi!........Woo-Hoo!

O.K., I'm back, Reno was a blast, now mind you, I do not gamble much (that's Delia's job) let's face it, if I can't make a smoothie, I am sure not going to try to draw on an inside straight!

We stayed at the Nugget Hotel in Sparks, just outside of Reno, NV. This place was really LDL friendly! I ate beautiful fruit salads in the coffee shop, there was a rotisserie chicken restaurant, all the bars had popcorn machines (popcorn was free), there was even a white corn festival going on!..............it gets better, Thursday evening I decided to go for a walk after dinner and right outside the hotel there was a Farmer's Market in full blast! They had a guy roasting corn (got me some of that, no butter please), a smoothie stand (got me some of that, they made me stand across the street with my hands on top of my head.....my reputation proceeds me), I bought grapes, peaches and grapefruit....I thought I was at an LDL conference!

The reserve police officer conference was great, I learned more about illicit drugs in three days than I have ever thought possible (including how to make them!). I also took classes in identity theft and enviormental crimes.

On top of everything else, our room faced a railroad yard...................it doesn't get much better than that!

The drive up there took me through the northern Sierras (breathtaking) and I drove right past the site of the Donner party disaster (wagon train party that got trapped in a blizzard, ran out of food and had to result to cannibalism, very tragic story).

So....................anything happen while I was gone?

Joe
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Welcome back, Joe!!! Glad you had a great trip and are back putting broad  ;D s on our faces.

Patty
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Joe, I am soooo glad you are back...I failed miserably at providing comic relief, and am willing to stand in the corner for the rest of the week  :-[
I couldnt even keep your disaster topic alive, but boy am I glad they gave you that room overlooking the railroad yard, I hope all my pressure on the hotel staff paid off for you, its just my way to make up for being not so funny... I see they also got the info from niki about not letting you near the smoothie stand......your so welcome for the influence I had in making your trip more enjoyable ;D
ANG
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

You see....that was funny!

Joe