THE LDL 200 PLUS CLUB (BY NEEDWIFE)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
needwife

Re: THE LDL 200 PLUS CLUB (BY NEEDWIFE)

Post by needwife »

well i am back again,i have been trying to get back on my feet for the past month, it has been very slow going.

i am getting ready to start a 12 week rehab at the hospital.  i will be working out 3 times a week for  12 weeks to get my heart and lungs strong again.

it will be a challendge for me, but i will do it, this should help me alot with my weight lost too. i have a feeling that i will be hurting after a few weeks of this.

i will just have to get tuff lol  , i hope all is well , thanks for all the good wishes. ttyl needwife  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Needwife
So good to see you back.  Rehab should really help you get some strength while you are getting healthy eating all the good LDL food.  I am cheering you on as you go for it.  A year ago I went to rehab and was surprised how much strength I aquired during the months I went.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome back, Needwife. It's been a while and I was worried about you.

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

HI NEEDWIFE,
I'M SO GLAD YOU CHECKED IN TO LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING. PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP US UP TO DATE WITH YOUR REHAB PROGRESS....ALL YOUR LDL FRIENDS ARE HERE FOR YOU AND WE WILL BE CHEERING YOU ON!

WELL, THE REHAB REGIME PROBABLY IS ONE OF SO MANY CHALLENGES YOU'VE COME UP AGAINST...PRAYING THAT GOD'S LOVING CARE WILL KEEP YOU GOING WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH.

GET WELL AND STRONG SOON!

southernyankee
southernyankee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Needwife- I am so relieved to see you posting again.  Best wishes that your rehab will give you great results and get you back on the road to health!  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

southernyankee wrote:WELL, THE REHAB REGIME PROBABLY IS ONE OF SO MANY CHALLENGES YOU'VE COME UP AGAINST

A CHALLENGE TESTS OUR STRENGTH AND I KNOW YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO TACKLE THE WORKOUT AT REHAB.  LIKE THE OTHERS, I TOO AM HAPPY THAT YOU ARE STILL IN THE LDL FOLD.  KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR EXCERSICE PROGRAM.  LOL ...  VICKI
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey Kevin!  Good for you -- getting help that you need.  You are great.  I am very glad you reported in.  

I lived in a rehab facility for three months when I was at my worst with the arthritis.  I was totally bed-bound, and my weight had ballooned up to 409.  It was tough, challenging, but very rewarding.  The physical therapist was relentless, but I felt stronger every day.  The doctor prescribed a liquid protein drink and one meal of fish and a salad.  I got so constipated I never lost a single ounce in three weeks.  She suspected me of cheating, but it was just that nasty low carb/high protein regimen that was bad for me.  I don't care what kind of diet you are on, if things go IN and nothing ever comes OUT, you will not lose weight.  Once I convinced her to let me start ordering Weight Watchers type meals and counting points, my weight started dropping dramatically.  How I WISH I had known about Let's Do Lunch then!  I didn't find it until 5 years later, after I had regained all that weight, right back up to 410.  

I strongly urge you to take your Let's Do Lunch book with you to rehab facility and try to convince the doctors to let you eat this way.  

Here's prayers for strong and healthy heart, lungs, mind, and SPIRIT!

We loves you, Needwife.  Hang in there and write often, please!  We are here for you!

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 24th, 2010, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

GLAD TO SEE YA BACK!!!  HOPE EVERYTHING GOES GOOD WITH YOUR REHAB. TAKE CARE AND KEEP US POSTED.

TIM
needwife

Post by needwife »

WELL REHAB IS WORKING, IN THE  1ST WEEK OF REHAB, I LOST 20 POUNDS, THAT WAS THE GOOD NEWS, THE BAD NEWS IS I  HAD GAINED 23 POUNDS SINCE I WEIGHED LAST.

I QUIT SMOKING ON APRIL FOOLS DAY , I GUESS THE HARD CANDY AND GUM AND THE FACT THAT MY FOOD TASTED BETTER CAUGHT UP TO ME.I AM FEELING GREAT AND WALKING GREAT, BUT I AM SORE, I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE BEAT ME WITH A STICK. LOL

ONE WEEK DOWN, 11 MORE TO GO, MY SESSIONS LAST ABOUT A HOUR AND A HALF, 3 TIMES A WEEK ,PLUS I ATTEND FOOD SCHOOL AND YOGA CLASSES.

NEXT WEEK THEY WILL ADD SEEING A THERAPIST TO ALL OF THAT, THEY SAID THEY WANTED TO FIX THE INSIDE AS WELL AS THE OUTSIDE.

SO I HAVE BEEN BUSY, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK IN .  I AM FIGHTING FOR A BETTER LIFE AND LONGER LIFE.  I  PLAN TO WIN THIS BATTLE. HELLO TO ALL, PRAY FOR ME , CAUSE I NEED THE EXTRA HELP,  TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
Last edited by needwife on March 3rd, 2011, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Good to see you on the board. Keep getting better and better and stronger and stronger!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back on the train to health, needwife.  Hang in there.  What they are doing is for your own good.  We are all pulling for you.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Needwife
So good to hear from you and see the rehab is working.  Will be praying for you knowing that as the weeks slip by you will be healthier and healthier.
Just remember 11 weeks is nothing compared to the rest of you life!
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

HI NEEDWIFE, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS IN THE FIRST WEEK OF REHAB. I WAS LOOKING FOR YOUR FIRST REHAB MESSAGE. THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW HOW YOU'RE DOING.

HEY, YOU LOST THE 20 POUNDS - THAT IS PHENOMENAL! CONTINUE LOOKING FORWARD AND NOT BACKWARDS........THE TIME BETWEEN QUITTING SMOKING AND STARTING REHAB IS IN THE PAST. AS A FORMER SMOKER, I WELCOME YOU TO THE QUITTERS CLUB!  :laughing: EVERY DAY WITHOUT THE TOBACCO IS A GOOD DAY, AS IS EVERY DAY WITH LDL!

I AM GLAD TO BE A PART OF YOUR CHEERING SECTION, AND I AM KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO ENJOY 'A BETTER LIFE AND LONGER LIFE.'

TTYL,
SOUTHERNYANKEE
southernyankee
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

YEAH NEEDWIFE! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO A MUCH HEALTHIER YOU! EVERY WEEK YOU WILL BE STRONGER AND HEALTHIER.
YOUR DETERMINATION WILL HELP CARRY YOU THROUGH!
THANKS FOR SHARING AND KEEPING US POSTED ON HOW YOU ARE DOING. YOU ARE A GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT TO MANY.
HUGS,
BOBBI
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TRYING TO CHANGE A LIFESTYLE. WE'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.

TIM
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

needwife wrote:I AM FEELING GREAT AND WALKING GREAT, BUT I AM SORE, I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE BEAT ME WITH A STICK. LOL

ONE WEEK DOWN, 11 MORE TO GO, MY SESSIONS LAST ABOUT A HOUR AND A HALF, 3 TIMES A WEEK ,PLUS I ATTEND FOOD SCHOOL AND YOGA CLASSES.

NEXT WEEK THEY WILL ADD SEEING A THERAPIST TO ALL OF THAT, THEY SAID THEY WANTED TO FIX THE INSIDE AS WELL AS THE OUTSIDE.

KEVIN... SO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU!  SORE MUSCLES ARE AN INDICATOR THAT REHAB/EXERCISE IS WORKING AREAS OF YOUR BODY YOU HAVEN'T USED IN A LONG, LONG TIME.  BUT, YOU WILL BE GETTING THEM BACK IN SHAPE BY THE END OF YOUR REHAB  ;D .  

THERAPY FOR OUR MINDS IS ALWAYS A HELPFUL TOOL AND I KNOW YOU WILL CERTAINLY BENEFIT FROM THIS TOO.  I ALSO NOTICED THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING FOOD CLASSES.  ARE THEY TEACHING YOU WHAT TO EAT OR WHAT?  HAVE YOU TOLD THEM ABOUT HOW YOU LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT WITH LDL?  I KNOW YOU WILL BE DOING ALL YOU CAN TO IMPROVE YOUR WAY OF LIFE AND I'M IN YOUR CORNER CHEERING YOU ON  *hug* .  LOL, VICKI
needwife

Post by needwife »

WELL WEEK 2 OF REHAB. IS OVER, I LOST 11 POUNDS THIS WEEK, SO THAT IS 31 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS,I FEEL LIKE I AM ON THE SHOW BIGGEST LOSERS. LOL I CAN NOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH BETTER I AM WALKING OR HOW STRONG MY LEGS FEEL UNDER ME.ONE OF THE THINGS I HAVE LEARNED AT FOOD CLASS IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT SEASON YOUR FOOD WHILE COOKING UNTIL THE LAST 10 MINS. OF COOKING.

BECAUSE THE TASTE OF THE SEASONING COOKS AWAY, SINCE I STARTED DOING THIS , MY FOOD TASTE ALOT BETTER AND I USE LESS SEASONING. WELL I FOUND OUT THAT THEY DO THIS REHAB FOR PEOPLE WITH LUNG PROBLEMS TOO, SO SINCE I HAVE COPD ,I SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER 12 WEEKS, SO NOW I HAVE 22 WEEKS TO WHIP THIS BODY INTO SHAPE ENOUGH SO THAT I CAN START GOING TO A REGULAR GYM.

I HAVE 9 MONTHS TILL MY 50TH BIRTHDAY, MY GOAL IS TO BE IN GOOD ENOUGH SHAPE BY THEN THAT ON MY 50TH BIRTHDAY I CAN WALK 5 MILES, NOW THAT IS MY GOAL, BUT !!!!!!!!! I WILL BE HAPPY IF  I CAN ONLY WALK 1 OR 2 MILES, BECAUSE I KNOW WERE I HAVE COME FROM, I WAS ON DEATHS DOOR AND THE DOOR WAS HALF OPEN. I CANT FORGET THAT, THAT IS WHAT KEEPS ME DRIVING FORWARD. MY DR. SAID I AM AT A CROSSROADS IN MY LIFE.

HE TOLD ME , IF I  WANT TO LIVE, I MUST FIGHT FOR MY LIFE, HE SAID THAT I MUST GET OFF MY BUTT AND EXERCISE AND IF I CANT GET OFF MY BUTT, THEN I MUST LEARN TO DO EXERCISES FROM A SITTING POSITION, I NEVER REALIZED HOW MANY SMALL MOVEMENTS YOU CAN MAKE FROM A SITTING POSITION THAT WILL HELP YOUR BODY.

IT CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS PUTTING A 12 OZ. CAN  OF ANY FOOD IN EACH HAND AND HOLDING THEM OUT TO YOUR SIDE LIKE A CROSS. TRY TO HOLD THAT POSE FOR  JUST 2 MINS.  YOU DO JUST THAT SIMPLE THING 5 TIMES A DAY. THAT IS ONLY 10 MINS OUT OF YOUR DAY. YOUR ARMS WILL FEEL STRONGER AFTER 1 WEEK.

WELL I HOPE EVERYONE IS OK, I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH , TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

You are doing awesome.. such an inspiration for all of us!
Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

OH Needwife,

I am so excited for you. Congratulations on making these life changing decisions. I just know you are going to reach your goals!!! I'll be praying for you all along this journey.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good for you.  Setting goals is so healthy.  Love and prayers for your complete recovery. :thumbsup:  JF