THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: THE RACE ON THE LOOSE CABOOSE

Post by LINDA RN »

I got up this morning and weighed hoping I did not gain after eating a huge bowl of popcorn last night. I was shocked to see I had lost 2 lbs! Official weigh-in is Monday. Now I am challenged to make it 3 by then.

I was thinking about the benefits of the plateau last night and how some get so discouraged. I have heard more than one lament that they don't think it is fair that so-and-so can eat all the sweet, and chips and junk food they want and they stay so skinny. Even super athletes who are so physically fit fall victim to heat attacks, strokes and brain tumors. Being thin and physically fit does not necessarily mean your body is properly nourished. With the LDL program, we are nourishing our bodies the way God intended and by making a few adjustments, like eating light in the evening, weight loss is a wonderful side-effect. I am glad I cannot eat that junk and not gain weight. What motivation is there for skinny people to eat healthy? Cancer? Heart Attack? No thank you.

We are so blessed that God has created our bodies to renew itself every few days. My confession is, "The Lord renews my youth like the Eagle, He renews it day by day."

I am enjoying the company on the caboose and the garden-fresh fixin's in the bean salad we fixed today. Making a jug of iced tea using loose black tea and today I added an equal amount of loose green tea.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great post, Linda.  You are doing well and have a great attitude.  Pam
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Linda  Great post to help us keep focused.  We all need the help of each other and the work of our Lord.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Great post, so true, Linda. :thumbsup: JF
patns

Post by patns »

For this week I am the same, 159 pounds.

Pat
Last edited by patns on April 26th, 2010, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Pat
Is that 149 or 159?  I had you written down as 159 last week.
patns

Post by patns »

Whoops wishful thinking Wendy :blush:. I realized I had made a mistake and came back to fix it. It's good now.

Pat
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, I was not able to drop any more from what I weighed Friday, I actually gained a pound. But still will record a 1lb loss for this week. I am at 197 this am.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Conductor,
Ollie reporting in with a 2 lb loss this week. Weight is now 173. CHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

This is my last Monday weigh in before I head up to Nunavut.  I might just give you an update Friday if that is ok.  I lost 1.5 this week but I understand you are only excepting round numbers so I will round up  ;) to 2 pounds.  That will put me at 236.

If I can find a scale when I am way up north I will report in otherwise I am back for a few days in June and back for good in August.
Debbie

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Hi,  Wither here, had a good week lost 2 more lbs. That's 4 lbs since being in the caboose! I love it!  I will be even smaller next week. Hang in everybody we can do this together. What fun .....Wither
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

I stayed the same no loss or gain.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Weigh in...176.. I believe one pound down this week.
Kathie in Fl.
[
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - THE NUMBERS ARE COMING IN AND YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT.  FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T LOSE THIS WEEK DON'T WORRY. IT IS A LONG RACE AND WE WANT TO KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF.  SLOW AND STEADY WILL KEEP IT OFF.  I WILL GIVE MORE TOTALS AND WHERE THE CABOOSE GOES LATER.  STAY TOONED.
Last edited by Anonymous on April 26th, 2010, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

At one point this week I was up 3 lbs from eating out 3 days in a row in Missoula.  Even though I ate LDL approved you just never know what they put in there foods.  I lost 2 of those lbs this week but couldn't seem to even get even with last week.  Soooo I am up 1 lb from last week.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Ollie
I saw on the 700 club this morning a word of knowledge about someone that is having a problem with their esophagus and is having trouble with your ability to swallow .  They said just put your hand on that area and claim your healing, God is going to totally remake that part of your body.  I also claimed that healing in agreement with you.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

I lost one pound this week.  *woot*  I am down to 165.  Next week I am going to say good bye to the 165+'s.  Look out 150's here I come  *evil*.  I can't wait to shop for my hot pink pants.  :cool: 

When I get home tonight I will list a running total of all the racers.  I still am waiting on a few to check in. 

Wolfmother - you can check in early next week.  As for the weeks that you will miss I will just mark you as a 0 (but still eat LDL because we will all look forward to your big weight loss when you return.)  Have a good trip.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wendy,
DH called me at work today after claiming that Word of Knowledge for himself. When he was telling me about it I was also claiming it for Ollie's DH.
Linda

Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

ANNOUNCER - EVERYONE HAS CHECKED IN EXCEPT JJELLI AND DINKER.  OUR TOTAL FOR THIS WEEK IS 11 LBS. 
THE LEADERS WITH 2 POINTS ARE:
GWENNAFORD
SNOOPY
WITHER  ;D
LINDA RN
WOLFMOTHER  ;D
OLLIE  ;D
KATHIE
;D = THE MOST WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK.  2 LBS

SECOND PLACE WITH ONE POINT ARE:
CLOWN LADY
WENDY
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

OUR TRAIN IS ON THE MOVE WITH NINE MORE CITIES - PASSING THE SALT FLAT AND LAKES, VIEWING GUADALUPE MOUNTIANS NATION PARK AND CARLBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK, STOPPING JUST BRIEFLY IN LOVING NM, TO END UP IN CARLSBAD NM.