VERY INTERESTING ONLINE TEST

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: VERY INTERESTING ONLINE TEST

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Sweetest Rose    :rose: :rose:

I AM STILL WALKING AND MOVING FASTER,  YOU WILL DO GOOD CAUSE YOU HAVE THE DERIRE.  *hug*  WITHER
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend wrote:I am 71, and scored age 58. 
  AMAZING!

I am 69 and scored a 62.  I could add more years to my life if I could only quit smoking  (have tried more than once) :sad: and get some exercise into this sedentary body.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

VickiLynn,
My DH was delivered miraculously from a 4 pk/day cigarrette habit in 1977.
It's the Blessing that keeps on giving. Cigs cost as much per pack now as a whole carton cost then!
He said the Lord was 'messing' with him over smoking (no condemnation, just dealing with him)
He said he made up his mind that the next time He messed with him about it, he was going to tell the Lord, "If you want me to quit smoking, you are going to take away the desire because I can't quit on my own."
One night it did happen, and he never had withdrawls and it was as if he had never smoked. He started smoking at age 6 and had the habit bny age 9! He had smoked for 24 years. He has now been free for 34yrs!
Hope this helps
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Linda, I have never heard of anyone that started smoking at SIX (other than, there was a video on UTUBE recently about a 2 year old Indonesian baby boy that smoked, and ended up in rehab.)

How on earth did that happen? What a blessing that he was able to quit.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

His whole family smoked (he was 8th out of 12...his mom quit when he was born because she promised God she would quit if He gave her a fat healthy baby - he weighed 12#2oz - I am sure she had developed gestational diabetes by then but it was not recognized in the late 40's). He says he started by picking up discarded buts and smoking them. Then his prothers rolled the cigs for him until by age nine he was hooked and had to have them. He still marvels at the miracle of that deliverance.
He will always correct anyone that he did not quit....he definitely was delivered.....he had tried very unsuccessfully to quit on his own. Like Roger, he wants all praise and glory for that to go to God!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Linda, that is an amazing testimony your husband has about the Lord delivering him from cigarettes.  What a miracle!  That is so wonderful.  Jerrie  :thumbsup:
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you for sharing, Linda!  I am going to share this with my son, he needs to quit smoking and hasn't been able to quit yet.  I love to hear about God's blessings and miracles!    *love*
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

lulu65 wrote:well my chronological age is 66  my bio age is 63 and I have colon cancer and am quite overweight. but healthy it appears for the most part..  I survived 12 chemo treatments from July of last year to Dec 1... My finger nails are trying to grow back after being quite destroyed by the side affects of chemo I have tingling still in my fingers (tips etc) and no feeling in my soles of my feet... but I made it and it looks like the chemo although difficult has either reduced the tumors in the lungs to nothing or very minuscule..
I may not have eaten LDL but I do not eat a lot of processed foods either..  I think one has to adjust the LDL to their own body... we all know our bodies... better than anyone..

Not sure how accurate this little survey is... but it was fun to do..

Hi lulu,

I've thought about you a lot over the past few months and have been wondering how you were doing. Hopefully, things will get better soon. I totally agree you with regarding knowing our bodies better than anyone. I love LDL but have had to make some changes to make it work for me. I hate having to count carbs, calories or points. And, I love being able to eat another serving if I'm still hungry without feeling guilty.

By the way, how do you like your new place?

CQ
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hi CQ- I was wondering if you had done the test and what you thought of it.

ck
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Yes, I took it and I'm two years older than my actual age. I'm not surprised but it has come down since the last time I took a test similar to this one. I owe that to LDL. My general health and immune system are EXCELLENT but my toxic load is too high....I work with a wireless flat screen and a cell phone everyday. Plus, I need to exercise more...I knew that. And, I need to get rid of the stress I'm under...not going to happen with this job.

CQ
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

CQ
I WORK WITH KIDS 2 TO 5 TALK ABOUT STRESS!  NO CHANCE OF MY JOB GETTING LESS STRESSFUL EITHER. Some of us are just stuck!  I was surprised I tested 15 years younger!     Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good news, Little Wither.  Pam
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Wither,

I totally understand. I definitely wouldn't have the energy to keep up with them. I can barely keep up with just one (he's 2) that I babysit for a friend every now and then.

But, I did write down the different things that I can change right now that I never thought about before taking the test.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 23rd, 2011, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wither, you deserve a medal for doing all that childcare. I could not do it.

CQ,I agree, the test made me think too, especially after I went back into it to say I did some exercise, just to see if that would make me younger, and sure enough I became a couple of years younger still.  I am going to make myself do some brisk walking.(soon!)
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Cameron, sometimes I think I can't do it either!  :laughing:

CQ, That's a good idea writting down things you can change now. I will THINK!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

It seems quite a few people checked out this thread, but not many shared the results of their test.

I am just wondering if anyone else would be willing to tell us how much "younger" they are since starting Lets Do Lunch?
Last edited by Anonymous on May 4th, 2011, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.