Rebounder is doing the trick

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki
Administrator

Re: Rebounder is doing the trick

Post by niki »

CodingQueen wrote:If you exercise at a higher rate you'll burn sugar instead of fat due to not be able to get enough oxygen to your muscles.

If anyone is just starting out then 50% of your maximum heart rate is OK but please speak with your doctor before starting any exercise program.

and when starting out, you can also use the very simple measure.....you want to be slightly out of breath and exerting yourself,but not so much that you're under stress....
i worked for years as an aerobic instructor for bally's when my kids were little and more often than not, found that this was the state i was in when my heart rate would tell me i was in my target range...................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Hi Julie,
I feel I am losing more inches. Everything is getting loose.  :thumbsup: I did 10 minutes this morning. I try to do another 5 at lunch. I have had both knees replaced so I am going slow at adding time. The first few days they were sore but not any more. I look forward to it. And it helps to know all the benefits.
I didn't get a CD with mine. I may look on Amazon to see if there is one.
Good Luck!!!
Terri  :)
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

marysimmons wrote:
julie409 wrote:HI L. Mary,
That's incredible. I thought that only weight bearing exercise could reverse bone loss. That's great news.  :thumbsup:
Julie :rose:

I guess it must be the hand-weights the patient used when she was jumping on her little trampoline. That would be weight bearing exercise in conjunction with all of the other good exercise.  I don't think I have any weights, but perhaps I can start off with a can of beans or bag of dried beans in each hand instead.  I happen to have quite a few of those!   :laughing: 
Little Mary

Mary, I'm sure Niki would approve! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:  Oh, they also sell some weighted gloves if you don't want to hold on to the magic beans.

BTW, I didn't get down to exercise until late again last night and it happenned again. I got up twice to go to the bathroom. So it is definitely doing something --- moving stuff out  :shock:

CQ, would you be able to paste in a link (or even better, the whole post) from your original topic about the benefits of rebounding?  It would definitely serve as inspiration. I am not sure how to do that. I have a feeling you have started something big here. Thanks again! *hug*

As you can see I am a project person. YEAH! I have a new project to measure!  Gosh, I have got to get out more!  :D

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Here's the link to the original post.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7216.0

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Years ago I used to do rebounding every day while watching TV.  I'd put ankle and wrist weights on.  I made up a little routine with like 6 different motions and did each for 5 minutes at a time.  I remember how much I liked it and don't know why I ever quit.  I'd start with a very light bounce just raising my heels off.  Then I did something where one knee would bend and the other would be straight and switch back and forth.  Then I would twist at the waist and really felt this kept my waistline trim.  I'd do a little jog.  I'd do one that was supposed to be good for someone who was preparing for skiing where your knees would be bent and you'd bounce from side to side.  I can't remember all, but I'd end it with the light bouncing again. 

My rebounder had a cover and it looked like a big round hassock.  That was really nice, because I could keep it in the living room without it looking like exercise equipment in the living room.  I'd just take the cover off and jump and then recover it.  Wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of that cover -- but when I got married a lot of things had to go.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Everyone,

I wanted to bring this topic back up again for any who have not seen it and for those of us who are using one to compare notes.

(Thanks again to CQ for the original post and to Rhonda for bringing it up for discussion again. Without you guys, I may not have ever tried it seriously and felt the great benefits.  *hug* *love* )

I am in my third week and I use it every night. I always do two short sessions. I am up to 6 minute sessions. IN between I do the glider. Well it feels like the rebounder is waking up my body. It definitely has improved my elimination - of everything! Sometimes I can't even get to 5 minutes without having to run to the bathroom. :blush:

In the past few weeks I have only lost another 2 lbs - not a lot - but I am in size 14s. My 16s are getting so big. I thought they were just stretching out but today I went closet shopping and found that some of the 14s fit pretty well.  :D  I know that LDL is also responsible for this slimming but it is happenning so fast. My mom had very poor circulation and maybe that is an issue I inherited; but the rebounder seems to be doing the trick.  :thumbsup:

I also noticed that I am calmer and more focused at work. That's a biggie. I work in Mall Management and retail is very challenging and stressful right now.

Now if that ain't enough... here is the real miracle.  :angel:  I am not having food reactions!  I am able to eat grapes now and I also had some popcorn with no trouble  ( I felt my heart race a little so I won't eat that regularly). So it is really  helping my system to tolerate the troublesome foods. (Mary, if you are reading this, the rebounder may be able to help your son. ) The good thing about that is I can diversify my diet a little more. YEAH!

So how are you guys doing with it?  Anyone notice any changes yet?

Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Julie

I am continuing my rebounder exercise.  I try doing a 15 to 20 minute jog and bounce every morning and evening.  - jog until I think I can no longer jog and then I bounce a while then back to jog.  All the while I am watching TV which makes the time gos by quicker.  It is helping with keeping me from gaining. Now I just need to eat correctly to get some more pounds off!  Congrats on getting in size 14's !  YEEHAW!!!!

Rhonda in SGF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

marysimmons wrote:
crickadoodle wrote:Wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of that cover -- but when I got married a lot of things had to go.

Ain't that for sure?!  Just like my husband's baseball cap collection that used to be hung all over his bedroom walls.  They HAD TO GO! *evil*

Little Mary

Yeah, that's how I feel about all the deer heads in the family room. It looks more like a hunting cabin.

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Mary, unfortunately, with the air conditioning they look marvelous.. *evil* At least I was able to put my foot down when it came to the two wild boar heads. They are hanging in the garage with a hunting cap on their head and a Cuban cigar sticking out of their mouth.

Right now he's trying for a Bobcat (completely stuffed) to put up on the catwalk between the family room and the kitchen to keep the cats off of it. I don't' have a problem with that as long as it faces the family room and I don't have to climb up to get the cats down anymore.

He would love to have a polar bear or any other bear for that matter. He has friends that go to Canada, Africa, etc. One friend even has the complete animal (antelope) stuffed and in the foyer as you enter his home.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wow, how far is my country from your country? :laughing:

All I collect are Playbills from the theatre. I am so jealous of you all!

(Did I mention I am going to see John Stamos in Bye Bye Birdie next week and next month I am in the 5th row to see A Steady rain with HUGH JACKMAN and Daniel Craig (007). Now that's some serious eye candy!  *love*  :inlove:  :cool:      I will be so excited, I won;t even know what they are saying.  *woot* *woot* *woot*  )

BTW, I am up to 20 minute Bouncing!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Daniel Craig? I love you, too...He's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Guess what I bought today?  I went to the dreaded WalMart, but decided to look in the exercise equipment and found a rebounder for sale -- $25.00!  I had looked on line earlier and it was $37 -- the cheapest I could find.  I almost ordered it.  Glad I didn't.  I need to put it together.  The fact it has been raining a lot here really motivated me to get one.  I only walked 15 min. today because it was lightly drizzling and I didn't want to get too wet.  I had lots to do, and figured one day won't end my fitness quest! 

So, I'm going to be a part of the rebounding club!  :laughing:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Doodle bought a rebounder, Doodle bought a rebounder ! Giddy up!  :thumbsup:

Now we're bouncin'  Doodlebug, you are going to love it.  *love*

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It used to be my main exercise for years and I did love it, so I know you are right!
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Woo hoo Crick!  Glad you have joined the rebounders!  It helps to have it by the TV so you can get moving while still watching your favorite shows.  You are right about rain or shine you can still get some exercise in without ever leaving the house and it works to help get the metabolism going!

Yay for Crickadoodle!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

So how have you all been doing with the rebounder? 

Notice any changes?  I know it is definitely good for elimination - errr --- emmmm -  :blush:  both kinds!  Really - there is a difference. Apparently my body needs some force to help it along. And I seem to be losing at a bit faster rate if I do it longer. I also see that I am not having as many food reactions as I did before. I have some but it takes longer to show up. That's pretty cool!  :cool:

I would love to hear your thoughts.  *love*

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi everyone!

I am new here,, hope you don't mind my posting on this thread?  I wanted to share my rebounder with you... I have a pilates reformer that also has a rebounder that you can add when you remove the foot bar... I can rebound lying down!  I absolutely love it... I get a great workout on my reformer and then cardio from the rebounder....  if anyone wants to see it... I got it from QVC,,, I have lost so many inches on it in only a couple short months... I am addicted to it!  I have on missed one day since I started using it in July!

Just thought I would share :)
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I find this all very interesting. I have a recumbant exercise bike for indoors as well as an exercise ball, the kind you sit, roll, or lie on. I like the ball. Don't use the bike often enough as I feel like I'm wearing out my legs giving my butt a ride... so I'm interested in the rebounder. Here in MN we have weigh/way more indoor weather than we do outdoor weather. Perhaps I'll set up a regular routine, 10 minutes on the ball, 10 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the rebounder. That should be enough variety that I could tolerate it daily. I really love that with LDL we don't actually HAVE to exercize to loose weight - Thank you Roger.  :thumbsup:Thank you God!  :angel: Lynda *hug* :rose: