Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: Smoothie Disaster in Van Nuys

Post by joecaracappa »

Linda:

It's funny when you think about, it's like bringing sand to a beach!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Speaking of Jamba Juice if you go to their website they tell you the ingredients in all their smoothies if any of you are looking for different fruit combinations to try...they have a nice tried and true selection on their site.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Saw a TV commercial of a guy and a baby that could have well been me on that fateful morning.

In the opening shot the young father is tossing fruit into a blender. In the next shot we see the baby in a highchair playing with the blender lid. Next, we see the father reaching for the switch on the open blender and it immediately cuts to the product (I forget what it is..........smoothie remover no doubt).

So I guess the lesson here is be careful what you post because you might end up as a 30 second spot on prime time (without the residuals).

Joe
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

And you thought you were supposed to get the residuals?!?!?! Not in this real world Joe! Anymore smoothie disasters??
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:And you thought you were supposed to get the residuals?!?!?! 

No, not at all, I've been in Hollywood for 33 years and am well steeped in the reality of the business. I personally don't have smoothie disasters anymore, one was enough.

See you next Sunday (Nov 5th),
Joe
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I can't wait. I already have the babysitter lined up! For once!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Excellent! Delia, her mom and I had lunch at a Mimi's yesterday and I found what I thought would be a perfect dinner salad. When the waitress came I made the corrections (no tortilla chips, avocado, ranch dressing), but when the salad came the cook didn't bother to "fill in" with the good stuff (corn, black beans, chicken) so I ended up with half a salad! Under normal circumstances, I would have sent it back. I'm glad we're doing the Olive Garden!

Joe
imkay

Post by imkay »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring a camera and get some snaps for those of us who can't attend (because we live on the other side of the country!)

you guys are going to have a great time!!

i'm so jealous.

anyone in north or south carolina?????
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Joe! If it happens again, just ask for the extra "goodies" to be brought to you as side dishes and then just dump them on your salad. You don't have to send your main salad back. Most places have been quite accommodating so far. Good luck! :) ....NYKath
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

imkay wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring a camera and get some snaps for those of us who can't attend (because we live on the other side of the country!)

you guys are going to have a great time!!

i'm so jealous.

anyone in north or south carolina?????

I already plan to bring my camera.  But I'll have to go back thru posts to get directions for downloading here.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

nyKath wrote:Hi Joe! If it happens again, just ask for the extra "goodies" to be brought to you as side dishes and then just dump them on your salad. You don't have to send your main salad back. Most places have been quite accommodating so far. Good luck! :) ....NYKath

I know, but we shouldn't have to "lead them by the hand", but I suppose common sense isn't common.

Joe
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Kay - As you know I'm in Virginia Beach - I would love to get together with you - if you'd like to meet halfway, that'd be cool too..... it would have to be on a weekend, though.  I just started a new job so I can't take any time off yet...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
imkay

Post by imkay »

maybe after the holidays are over we can plan a trip!!!  or i will just come to your place and hang out on the beach while you are at work!! i can leave DH home with the kidlets.  :)
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Kay...do you have a hubby like mine??? Mine was a stay home hubby for past 12 years (10 of which were stay home dad!). He just started working about 6 months ago and is enjoying being out and about with other adults! And unless we are both going to be out, we still don't need a babysitter..cause I work during the day during the week and he works at night and/or on the weekends!
Veronica
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:Kay...do you have a hubby like mine??? Mine was a stay home hubby for past 12 years (10 of which were stay home dad!). 
Veronica

That is my dream job!................I always wanted to be a househusband!

Joe
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Well Joe, if you'd like, you can apply here for the position of relief cook/bottle washer/child care provider for our home!! (Which usually looks as though a tornado of some sort went through!) There is always plenty of dishes to be done, laundry to be washed (as 3 girls seem to change clothes 3x/daily and leave clean clothes out to be knocked down and trampled on!!!), cat box to be cleaned out etc! I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind a vacation!
When can I expect you?!
Veronica
PS: Sorry but the job is a no pay, no benefit one!! (except my undying gratitude)
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, yes!!

Joe - I was a stay-at-home mom for many, many years... HOWEVER... in addition to my 24/7 job, I did day care for 7 years and then was a bookkeeper (office in my home) for another 7 years...

Now.... some of the duties:

Fix all three meals and clean up (for at least a family of 5)
Wash laundry every day, most times more than one load a day.
Vacuum every day.
Take trash and recycling out (daily newspapers/junk mail/bottles, cans, etc.) every day.
Dust once a week (including all those blades on the ceiling fans!)
Wash walls down once a week (yep, did this for 20 years!)
Wash all windows once a week.
Clean bathrooms at least once a week (of course if there are any "accidents", more often).
Wash all non-carpeted floors once a week (see above about accidents).
Bathe at least three children daily.
Pack lunch for significant other daily (this is in addition to making breakfast for that "working" person).
Make at least four beds every day.
For at least 4 years you must be prepared to wake up in the middle of the night to feed babies.  Just to give you an idea, if there are no babies to feed, you can just get up, make a cup of tea and pace the floors for a half hour.  You will have the opportunity to rock in the rocking chair for 15 or 20 minutes, but remember, you're holding precious cargo, so don't fall asleep!
After those four years are over, your first should be ready to enter school.  Don't forget shopping for school supplies and clothes.  The following year you will also have to add helping with homework (since there are three children, this job will last approximately 6 years).
When the kids reach junior high and/or high school, be prepared to deal with the experimentation of alcohol and tobacco.  If you're lucky, that's all you'll have to deal with.

There is more, but I just woke up and need more time to think...

Oh, and not that it's a job, but be ready for lovemaking at least 3-4 nights a week. 

I'll edit this as I think of more...  you still ready for this job? 

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:Well Joe, if you'd like, you can apply here for the position of relief cook/bottle washer/child care provider for our home!! (Which usually looks as though a tornado of some sort went through!) There is always plenty of dishes to be done, laundry to be washed (as 3 girls seem to change clothes 3x/daily and leave clean clothes out to be knocked down and trampled on!!!), cat box to be cleaned out etc! I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind a vacation!
When can I expect you?!
Veronica
PS: Sorry but the job is a no pay, no benefit one!! (except my undying gratitude)

Your list sounds like normal everyday husband duties to me..................the pay and benefits are the same as the ones I have now................we'll discuss it on Sunday.

Joe
Last edited by joecaracappa on October 25th, 2006, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Queenie wrote:Oh, yes!!

Joe - I was a stay-at-home mom for many, many years... HOWEVER... in addition to my 24/7 job, I did day care for 7 years and then was a bookkeeper (office in my home) for another 7 years...

Now.... some of the duties:

Fix all three meals and clean up (for at least a family of 5)
Wash laundry every day, most times more than one load a day.
Vacuum every day.
Take trash and recycling out (daily newspapers/junk mail/bottles, cans, etc.) every day.
Dust once a week (including all those blades on the ceiling fans!)
Wash walls down once a week (yep, did this for 20 years!)
Wash all windows once a week.
Clean bathrooms at least once a week (of course if there are any "accidents", more often).
Wash all non-carpeted floors once a week (see above about accidents).
Bathe at least three children daily.
Pack lunch for significant other daily (this is in addition to making breakfast for that "working" person).
Make at least four beds every day.
For at least 4 years you must be prepared to wake up in the middle of the night to feed babies.  Just to give you an idea, if there are no babies to feed, you can just get up, make a cup of tea and pace the floors for a half hour.  You will have the opportunity to rock in the rocking chair for 15 or 20 minutes, but remember, you're holding precious cargo, so don't fall asleep!
After those four years are over, your first should be ready to enter school.  Don't forget shopping for school supplies and clothes.  The following year you will also have to add helping with homework (since there are three children, this job will last approximately 6 years).
When the kids reach junior high and/or high school, be prepared to deal with the experimentation of alcohol and tobacco.  If you're lucky, that's all you'll have to deal with.

There is more, but I just woke up and need more time to think...

Oh, and not that it's a job, but be ready for lovemaking at least 3-4 nights a week. 

I'll edit this as I think of more...  you still ready for this job? 

Carolyn

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Joe
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Carolyn...I WISH I could get my hubby to do 1/2 of that list! If I was at home of course all of the things you mentioned would be expected. For some reason, all men don't seem to think that way! I just finally got used to my apt not being fit for ANY kind of company and am still begging my children to FINISH THEIR list of chores (put away clothes in the drawer (Not on top or on the floor!!!), The floor is not a trash can, nor do the dishes miraculously walk themselves back to the sink! and if by chance you spill anything pleeeaaase Clean It UP!!!!)
Did I mention that the apt looks like a major tornado went through?!
Veronica