THE LDL 200 PLUS CLUB (BY NEEDWIFE)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: THE LDL 200 PLUS CLUB (BY NEEDWIFE)

Post by MsHeirloom »

Needwife- I am so happy for your progress and for your choice to chose life!  Hang in there.  Pam
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

IT IS SO NICE TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING WELL.  I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BE ON THE BOARDS MUCH BUT WAS HOPING ALL WAS GOING WELL.  KEEP UP ALL THE GOOD WORK  *hug*
Debbie

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

needwife wrote:ONE OF THE THINGS I HAVE LEARNED AT FOOD CLASS IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT SEASON YOUR FOOD WHILE COOKING UNTIL THE LAST 10 MINS. OF COOKING. BECAUSE THE TASTE OF THE SEASONING COOKS AWAY, SINCE I STARTED DOING THIS , MY FOOD TASTE ALOT BETTER AND I USE LESS SEASONING.

NEVER REALIZED HOW MANY SMALL MOVEMENTS YOU CAN MAKE FROM A SITTING POSITION THAT WILL HELP YOUR BODY. IT CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS PUTTING A 12 OZ. CAN  OF ANY FOOD IN EACH HAND AND HOLDING THEM OUT TO YOUR SIDE LIKE A CROSS. TRY TO HOLD THAT POSE FOR  JUST 2 MINS.  YOU DO JUST THAT SIMPLE THING 5 TIMES A DAY. THAT IS ONLY 10 MINS OUT OF YOUR DAY. YOUR ARMS WILL FEEL STRONGER AFTER 1 WEEK.

NO MATTER HOW OLD ONE GETS THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN EACH DAY.  YOU TWO TIPS ARE MINE FOR TODAY.  I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF LAYING/SITTING ON MY COUCH LATELY DUE TO A HEALTH PROBLEM THAT I HOPE WILL GET CORRECTED SHORTLY SO YOUR TIP ABOUT THE EXERCISE WITH THE CANS IS GREAT.  ALSO, THE SEASONING TIP WILL HELP MY HUSBAND WHO ALWAYS SALTS FOOD WITHOUT TASTING IT FIRST.

ALSO, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING WHAT YOUR ADDITIONAL 12 WEEKS OF THERAPY WILL ACCOMPLISH; BUT, DON'T STAY AWAY THAT LONG... LOL, VICKI
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

KEEP UP THE GOOD PROGRESS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WE'RE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY AND WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR CONTINUED STRENGTH. KEEP US POSTED.

TIM
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow, Rehab is really working for you. You will have new life when you are finished.
Blessings to you :rose:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

Needwife, your story is so very touching and all of us, no matter how much we have to lose, understand the anguish of being overweight. My SIL, much older and almost like a mother to me, was once over 500 pounds. She had gastric bypass several years ago, and she is the only person I know who did that and has kept the weight off. She told me that everyday she wakes up and thinks about how it felt to be a size 56 and it keeps her motivated to do the things that keep her thin. However, she has never found LDL but I told her about it last night...she is intrigued and I know will read the book at least!

Now, here is my heartache...we are having a gospel preacher this week and the preacher is the one we had when I was a teenager. He baptized me when I was 12 (I am now 48), so he knows the (skinny, I mean really skinny) me... :rolleyes:...he has said to more than one person that I was the cutest girl and sweetest too! He doesn't say it in so many words but I know...I have eyes in my head...85 pounds overweight has turned me into someone I don't want to be! My goal is not having these awful moments ever again where someone that knew me skinny has to be shocked at my now obese figure...!

Enough!

You are inspiring to me, needwife and just the kick in the pants I need to get going!

Four pounds gone...more to follow!

Bren
~Bren

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Bren, give your burden on Jesus. Tell Him how you want to be thin and healthy and ask Him each day to guide you. I think you will feel very blessed if you do this. I know God is guiding me every step of the way. I know He wants me to continue to do His work and I can't do that if I'm obese and unhealthy!!

Many blessings and I'll be praying for you!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
needwife

Post by needwife »

DEAR BREN, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE PREACHER MADE THOSE COMMENTS ABOUT YOU BEING CUTE AND SWEET, THAT HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PERSON YOU ARE ON THE INSIDE. ALL THE POUNDS YOU PUT ON CAN NOT CHANGE THE PERSON ON THE INSIDE.

BREN YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE  RIGHT NOW. TAKE THE BAD WITH THE GOOD AND PUSH FORWARD, THANK GOD FOR WHAT YOU DO HAVE AND WORK TO CHANGE THE THINGS YOU DONT LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF. TAKE CARE BREN. TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

NEEDWIFE IS SO RIGHT, BREN.  YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE NO MATTER WHAT IS SHOWING ON THE OUTSIDE.  IN THE CLASSES I TEACH, I KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A POOR SELF IMAGE THAT SOMETIMES IT UNDERMINES THEIR SUCCESS, EVEN WITH A WONDERFUL WAY OF EATING LIKE LDL.  IT IS ALMOST LIKE THEY DON'T FEEL WORTHY OF BEING THIN.  YOU ARE WORTH IT AND IT DOESN'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE.

NEEDWIFE, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SUCCESS -- YOU ARE ALREADY HAVING SUCCES!  YOU COULD BE WALKING THOSE 5 MILES BY YOUR BIRTHDAY.  REMEMBER THAT THE MORE MUSCLE MASS YOU HAVE, THE HIGHER YOUR METABOLISM WILL BE.  WALKING DOESN'T INCREASE YOUR MUSCLE MASS, BUT LIFTING THOSE WEIGHTS -- LIKE THAT 12 OZ. CAN YOU ARE USING.  KEEP INCREASING THE WEIGHT, AS IT GETS TOO EASY FOR YOU.  I STARTED AT 5 LBS. AND NOW AM USING 12 LBS. FOR SOME EXERCISES AND 15 LBS. FOR OTHERS AND EVEN 20 LBS. FOR ONE EXERCISE THAT IS JUST TOO EASY AT THE OTHER WEIGHTS.  I AM STRONGER THAN I'VE EVER BEEN.  GOD IS SO GOOD TO US TO GIVE US OUR LIVES BACK, BETTER THAN EVER!
Bren
New, but learning

Post by Bren »

I know that you are both right. In many ways, my self image has warped my weight loss efforts because maybe I didn't believe I was worth it. Well, I don't feel that way any longer! I had to get mad to wake myself up. Not mad at the preacher or anyone else, but really just mad at all the things that have hampered my weight loss and kept me from living life to it's fullest.

I know that what I am inside is still there and soon the outside will match!

I really do have mainly a good feeling about myself. I have talent in many areas and I get to work doing those things. That fulfills me in so many ways. This weight thing is really the last hold up for me. Letting go of all that negativity so that I can finally succeed at this major obstacle. I do think finding the RIGHT eating plan was key. I have tried everything else, and sometimes actually succeeded at starving myself for periods of time(I made lifetime on WW once pre-last baby). The Lord led me to this WOE, I know it now more everyday!
~Bren

southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

HI NEEDWIFE,
:thumbsup: WOO-HOOO FOR YOU, AMIGO! SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING GREAT! REMEMBER THAT YOUR REHAB AND LIFE IN GENERAL ARE A PROCESS....YOUR PHYSICAL REHAB AND WHAT YOU LEARN ABOUT FOODS/COOKING WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD ON THEMSELVES TO ONLY INCREASE YOUR SUCCESS!

THANKS FOR THE TIP ON SEASONING WITHIN THE LAST 10 MINUTES OF COOKING. I WILL PUT THAT TO USE STARTING TODAY.

WE LDL'ers KNOW YOU ARE WORKING HARD AND WE ARE CHEERING FOR YOU!

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU WITH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS!

southernyankee
southernyankee
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

HI, NEEDWIFE!  *hug*

SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE BOARDS.  OFTEN WONDERED HOW YOU WERE DOING.  I SEE YOU'VE HAD A BIT OF A ROCKY ROAD BUT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GETTING BETTER.  HANG IN THERE!

I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED EARLIER BUT I, TOO, HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE BOARDS MUCH (READ A LITTLE BUT NOT MUCH POSTING).    I'VE BEEN A BIT "WEIGHT DEPRESSED".  GOT INTO ONEDERLAND LAST NOVEMBER BUT WENT BACK UP JUST INTO TWOTERVILLE AND CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE IT (YOU KNOW THE YO-YO FROM 200.+ TO 204 AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST 200).  I STILL HANG-IN-THERE BECAUSE I FEEL BETTER ON LDL BUT THE SCALE IS NOT COOPERATING.

BUT WE'LL ALL HANG-IN-THERE TOGETHER!

*hug*
GINNY M.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ginny- I've missed you.  How about joining Julie and others on the LDL pure restart.  I bet you'd be back in Onderland before you knew what happened!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Ginny,

Good to see you here with us again.  Yes, please do join us on the PURE thread.  It is sort of a group journal for some of us who are going back to basics to make sure we are on track.  (HI Pam!)

Julie :rose:
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Hi, Julie & Pam,

Thanks for missing me but I was never really gone, just not on as often or just read but not posted.  :poo:  And I NEVER NEVER NEVER gave up LDL.  *love*  (If I did, I wouldn't fit through the door by now  :sick: ) But I think I may be eating TOO MUCH LDL  *lipssealed* , you know, over eating from FULL to STUFFED!  I have to learn to BE HUNGRY when I eat and only EAT UNTIL FULL  :) -- NOT STUFFED!  *lipssealed*  I even began to Read the Book Again.  :)  I did stray today and had some chocolate candy  :sick: (No, I did not Crave it, it was just Handy).  And you know, it REALLY DID MAKE ME SICK, my acid refux came back.  So maybe NOW my HEAD will start to realize my body does not Want or Need it.

Anyway,  I've missed you all, too.  All lot of it is "time".

*hug*
Ginny
needwife

Post by needwife »

WELL HELLO TO ALL, WEEKS 3 AND 4 WENT BY AND MY WEIGHT LOSS SLOWED DOWN ABIT, I ONLY LOST 7 POUNDS THE LAST  2 WEEKS, I GUESS THE GOOD NEWS IS I DIDNT GAIN.LOL I AM WALKING SO MUCH BETTER. I ALREADY FEEL 10 YEARS YOUNGER. OK THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK -IN. TTYL NEEDWIFE  :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.%20%20(NEEDWIFE%20).com/weight-loss/wqTc32y/]Image[/url]
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

THERE YOU ARE  :thumbsup: . 7 LBS IN TWO WEEKS IS FANTASTIC AND I AM SOO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE ABLE TO WALK BETTER.  DON'T STAY AWAY SO LONG; WE LOVE HEARING ABOUT YOUR SUCCESSES.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  LOSING 7 LBS IN 2 WEEKS SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME.  IT MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO WALK WITHOUT WEAKNESS OR PAIN.  THAT IN IT SELF WILL HELP THE WEIGHT COME OFF QUICKER.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Way to go! Needwife.  :D  Keep up the good work.  Glad to see you back on the boards.

*hug*
Ginny