Lapband

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cameron
Master Member

Re: Lapband

Post by cameron »

I am so glad you are back on board Lisa, and I am sure you will feel better very soon. I never had that experience, but some people do.

I am pretty sure that if Eddie reads those horrible stories about the lapband, and sees how well you are doing, that he may be ready to listen. It's a no brainer!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have heard that others experienced a "detox" also.
Best thing is to flush with lots of water and make sure you are not constipated.
A natural stool softener should help move everything out of your colon too.
I have used Colon Clenze from WalMart and Acai Berry Cleanse from Sam's.
It does go away and you will feel much better in a few days.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Thanks Linda and Mary for the info.  Still fighting exhaustion so I hope it's nothing more than that.  I went to the dentist today expecting a consultation but instead got 2 teeth pulled.  Ugh..so I'm sitting here with a mouthful of gauze and stitches now.  Guess I will do well with my eating for a few days since I won't be able to..ugh again.    Hope it doesn't send me into cravings again by not eating. 

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Rainbow- It sounds like soup and fruit flush time- all of it having gone through the blender.  Smoothies, blended soups.  Yummmmm!!!  Sorry about the dental work.  Ouch!    Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Do you have a dental plan Lisa?
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Sort of kind of...but it doesn't cover root canals and crowns, only extractions.  And seeing as I don't have a few extra thousand laying around...lol 
  On a good note...I'm doing fine with just some broth for today.  Can't even stand the thought of putting food in yet...wow..wish I could feel this way all the time.  :wacko:

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Well, I guess you could have more teeth pulled out..... :laughing: :wacko:
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

lisa, i live/work full time at a christian camp.  i am the head cook, among other things...this summer should prove interesting as i will be spending 10+ hours a day (5-6 days a week)  cooking for the campers (LDL is not an option as many of them will not eat vegetables/fruit/beans every meal, plus it's NOT an INexpensive way to eat) and then trying to keep up my LDL but, with God's help, i will do the best i can each and every day!!! i will make sure i have tons of fresh fruit and veggies on hand and the lean meat and beans i love!!

i can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me...

best wishes and blessings to you and yours
jo
Last edited by jsprik on May 6th, 2011, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

HaHa Wither....uhh..no  :)

Thanks Jo...It has been hard cooking all day and not being able to enjoy what I cook.  Also, there are always snacks, cookies, donuts set out for our people.  That is where I really need to think before I pop something in my mouth.  I would just walk by a plate and grab something.  I do have to sample my cooking but someone suggested spitting it out after.  Just hope no one sees that or they will wonder whats wrong with it..haha

Alot of mouth pain this morning but I'm heading out to work anyway...the show must go on.  Should be a good LDL day.  ;)

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Jo and Lisa, suggest you fill yourself up on desirable Let's Do Lunch foods and/or recipes the first thing in the morning each day, so that you are full and have no desire for the fattening foods you are cooking for others. I can't imagine cooking fattening foods for others and NOT FEELING TOTALLY FULL while doing this.

God bless,

RT

thnx roger, i'll keep that in mind...i really don't think it's going to be much of a problem...it's just going to be a matter of HAVING the LDL stuff on hand, i actually prefer this WOE over what i will be serving at camp.  so as long as i make sure i have what i need up at camp with me ( i live here, just down the hill from the actual camp, so i don't have far to go to get what i need anyway) i wil be fine.  and we do have LDL approved things such as salads and or veggies with most of the meals.  like i said...with God's help and the support i have from ya'll and my family... I GOT THIS!!!!   :thumbsup:

i have recently discovered that i do not hate beans!! lol  i always thought i didn't like them, but i have found a couple ways to eat them that that i actually REALLY like.  i'll be posting a recipe on my blog later for a great way to eat northern beans!!! i'll try to remember to leave a link  on my food journal today!!  :cool:  i left the link onmy food journal, but will add it here too  ;)

http://blog-diggidy.com/index.php/2011/ ... -favorite/
Last edited by jsprik on May 6th, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Jo, 
I am a Boy Scout Leader and have been a camp leader for 2 years (this July will be 3 years), and a national convention eating at a college cafeteria.  I have been able to stay LDL true wil a little pre-planning.  I spend 2 days before camp begins cooking LDL foods and freezing them in individual packets labeled for each day and meal of the week.  Mostly it is the lunch meat meal.  I also make up 2 big LDL salads that I can alternately eat at any meal.  I make my smoothy up at home before leaving for the camp.  At lunch I heat my meat in the microwave, have my salad, and supplement it from whatever the camp is serving (we have a salad bar, cut cold veggies, fruit, and hot veggies).  I bring back my fruit or whatever I am eating for dinner back to the mess hall for dinner.  I eat with all the rest of camp but I have my food.  I even came back the last 2 years with a bit of a loss.  When I ate for a week at a college cafeteria, I chose the best I could between fruits, veggies, plain meat (this was the hardest as they like to "fry" everything), salad bars and soups.  I found out afterward that I could have called the college cafeteria to request special foods (after all "I am allergic to fried foods") and could have had meats grilled (I'll do this next time in 2012 when I will be in that situation again).  I think I lost just a little that week but at least it didn't go up.

Lisa, I understand tasting some of the foods you are making.  Is there anyone else in the kitchen that could taste the food for you?  But as far as snacking because it is there, how about making up some cut up fruits sprayed with lemon juice (apples, pears, banana, etc.), popcorn, or edamames roasted and leave them out near where you are working.  Then you will have something to just "pop" into your mouth when you are tempted to reach for a donut or cookie. 

After being on LDL for a couple of weeks, just the "thought" of eating some of the foods at camp, cafeteria, or wherever else, is almost  :sick:  .  And knowing how I feel after eating it (the following day  :sick: ) should also help to deter the temptation.  I had a chance to go to a brunch this morning at our campground and tomorrow is a Mother's Day Lunch here, but I will pass because I know the only foods I probably can eat is the dish I bring.  I will probably eat lunch out today or tomorrow but at a restaurant of my choosing and how I wish to have my meal made.  It takes a while to make the changes, but pick one to focus on for a couple of weeks and then pick another when you have mastered the first one.  I also carry a cheat-sheet of how to fix my meal at the restauant so I don't get side-tracked (it happens at my age) on what to tell the waitress or tempted by the yummy menu pictures.

Good luck.  We're here to help you.  If you do "step" off the track (not "fall"), just get your footing back LDL the next meal.  Non of us are perfect, but we just keep plugging along.

*hug*        Ginny
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Those are some great ideas Ginny, and I especially like your comment about "stepping" not "falling".
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

thnx ginny...you are a blessing!!!  you, to cameron!!! ;)

i notice that even with all the tomatoes, chiles and such, i don't get heartburn very much on LDL (and never bad enough to keep me awake at night), but as soon as i eat something not LDL (like the egg roll i had the other day  :shock: ) i get it really bad (and somtimes can't sleep without taking something!!! it's strange...

blessings all,
jo

lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Everyone has such good suggestions...I am out the door by 6  though so I can't make myself eat that early.  And when I do get to work I am non stop until I leave, usually about 1:30.  I don't even have a minute to use the restroom most days..  I know..tmi....lol          I try to take a banana at least and eat that.  The reason I sample my cooking is not because I'm even very hungry for it..I really do need to know how it tastes and if I need to make changes to it.  The perfectionist part of me I guess.  I would be in heaven if I could have a salad bar to offer but we have a pretty strict budget since we are non profit. 
Oh...my Eddie is home..Yay!  He is here until Monday evening...( I haven't told him yet but I took Monday off from work to surprise him..)
Anxious for his doctor appt too...wondering if he is going to be able to continue driving or not.  His back is so bad now it is so hard to see him in such pain all the time.  I hope something can be done.  Something has to be done..he can't go on like this. 
You guys are all so much appreciated.  Roger, in my heart, I KNOW this is the way to eat forever.  Just gotta get my stomach to listen to my heart.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My husband (who used to drive truck) found out alot of his back pain was from a too tight belt. Someone sugessted some suspenders that hook on the belt and now his belt is loose enough but the suspenders keep the pants from falling down. Doing LDL also eliminated pain. I really think it was just the matter of getting off the processed grains that helped. Suspenders and LDL and now no more back pain!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

lisa, you could try getting everything together the night before and put a lil' cooler by the door....grab everything from the fridge on your way out and throw it in the cooler...or if it doesn't need refirgeration, just throw it in the cooler the night before...just tryin to come up with something that will make things easier....

best wishes and many blessings,
jo

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa, a lot of his back pain is probably from his weight. weight is usually the main problem with all issues. He is probably 170 lbs over weight, It's like he his carrying around a full grown person  all the time, no wonder his back hurts. tell him that.
Last edited by witheraway1 on May 6th, 2011, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa,
Have you considered weight-management counciling?
Even, short-term medication therapy may be of help.
I know for smoking cessation, medications like, wellbutrin are prescribed to help with addictive tendancies.
Maybe these considerations would be helpful.