Rebounder is doing the trick

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Rhonda in SGF

Re: Rebounder is doing the trick

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Hi Mary J

I too have the Pilates reformer with a rebounder attached and I agree with you it is a great workout!  It is good to incorporate as much diversity in our workouts by switching equipment when we can.  The mini rebounder is simple and portable and can be placed where you can watch TV while doing it.  I think the Pilates rebounder really works the abs well!!!

Congrats on the loss of inches and you have inspired me to get back on mine.  By the way I was so lucky to find one at a garage sale and had only been used twice!!!  Can you believe it?  She only had 25.00 on it and I got the DVDs and videos she had that came with it!!! All for 25.00!!!!

I count my blessings everytime I go past it!  However I need to use it more!  Thanks for reminding me.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Wow Rhonda,, that is great!  You got a fantastic deal on your reformer!  I ordered a big one for my exercise room and fell in love with it... Then we were going away in our RV for a month,, so decided to order a smaller one to take with me,,, LOL.... Now I have the Power Pilates Reformer on its way.  It will be delivered Wed!  I am excited about it...  I am hoping to like it just as much as I do the one in the RV,,, its a much smaller one,,, then I will sell mine :) 

I just LOVE exercising on the reformer!  I like that you can lay down and exercise and still reap the benefits!  Do you post on the pilates message board?  Here is the link....  hope its alright to add here..

http://lighterliving.com/members/forum/ ... c9db53f874
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Mary, I just checked it out - now that looks like it marries some great exercises for optimum results - congratulations.

El, All exercise is good if it is not done to exhaustion! Changing things up is supposed to be good for the muscles - muscle confusion does not allow the muscles to become complacent as when you do the same exercises in the same way all the time. BTW, the bike is good too. YOU are moving your largest muscle group and that's a good thing! :thumbsup:

Rhonda - my gosh you got an incredible deal - that's terrific!

Julie :rose:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Julie, thanks for the reinforcement and encouragement. I'll give it a go!!! God Bless, El *hug* :rose: :kiss:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Just bought a rebounder over the week-end.....am going to team it with using my glider and walking to see what will happen...have been in a slump lately but maybe I will be out soon....

Cookie
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

Crickadoodle
can you send me a link to this rebounder you found for $25- the cheapest i see is $89

thanks

renee
scarlett859

Post by scarlett859 »

All this talk of the rebounder make me think of the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" with Kathy Bates when she is exercising while singing "Stop In the Name of Love". I love that scene. "Think it oooover!!" *woot*
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

heretotheend wrote:Just bought a rebounder over the week-end.....am going to team it with using my glider and walking to see what will happen...have been in a slump lately but maybe I will be out soon....
Cookie 

Hey Cookie  *hug*  Why do you think that is? The rebounder is supposed to improve your mood as well so maybe it will help!

I alternate the glider with the rebounder - I don;t seem to be able to stay on the rebounder for more than 10 minutes. I don;t know if I am just bored or if I am just accustomed to breaking my sessions into 2 shorter ones when I didn;t have the energy to do more. I will have to push myself a little more.

I have started another group topic called Express Train if you would like to join us on there. I find the group very motivating. CQ and Doodle are going to join me when they get back from Vacation. I think a few others will as well.
It may help. I know I need a kick start as well.

Julie :rose:
redkat

Post by redkat »

I GOT A REBOUNDER!!!!.  Found them at Acadamy Sports.  For only $25....The only drawback is that there was no excercise tutorial/video.  So I guess I'll just have to "jump" on and wing it.  Any suggestions out there???

Kathy
Kathy
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Hey Redcat!  You get it at the Academy Sports on Airline or Seigen?

As far as video's goes, I just did a google http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=r ... B0QqwQwAw# (if you can't get the above link just google rebounder exercises) and they have lots of videos online that you can watch.

Go home tonight and let me know how you like it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
redkat

Post by redkat »

Tonya,  Academy on Seigen.  Thanks for the links.  Will check them out after lunch.  After only 3 1/2 minutes, I can tell that I'm either severely out of shape, or you get a great workout.  (possibly both!). But it's more fun that anything I've tried lately.  Hoping that it will be easier than walking, as I'm having trouble with one of my knees.

Kathy
Kathy