28 lbs. in 3 months

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 23 lbs. in 2 months

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra the topic subject line has too be changed on the first post of the thread only....so go back to the very first one and try it there....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Re: 28 lbs. in 3 months

Post by o2bthin »

I forgot to tell y'all about my daddy.

Our parents live with me, and since I am the grocery shopper and cook, they had no choice but to join me on LDL!  LOL  Daddy has a real big sweet tooth and he declared that once a month, on our weigh-in day, he was going to have a cheat day where he could eat whatever he wanted.  I agreed to that.  And what he has wanted for the past three months has been bacon, biscuits or pancakes and syrup!  This month, since I was taking him for a haircut the following day, he agreed to wait and eat at IHOPs on the way to the barber shop.  He ordered 3 eggs, 6 slices of bacon and had 3 pancakes with butter and syrup.  He also had coffee with real sugar and cream.  And he enjoyed every bite.  He's diabetic, takes insulin.

I had the spinach and mushroom omlet - it was huge!  And a glass of milk.

Anyway, he had his hair cut and we came right home...as he was coming up the wheelchair ramp, his legs began to hurt him (he uses a walker).  By the time he got to his chair he was in severe pain.  Then he had to go to the bathroom and as he was leaving the bathroom his legs just quit working.  He yelled for me and I went running.  He was slumped over on the bathroom counter, barely upright.  I got mom's wheelchair, rolled it into the doorway and he just fell into it.  He was in such pain, I called the paramedics.  Before the ambulance got here, he was sick to his stomach and had a bad headache.  They loaded him up and carted him to the local hospital.

First thing they did was get his vitals and draw blood.  His blood sugar was 380 and his BP was 180 over something (can't remember the bottom number).   They gave him insulin and something for his BP right away, then ordered a Doppler on his legs, looking for blood clots.  As he was laying there, feeling so miserable, he says, "oh, Sandi honey, you won't ever hear me asking for biscuits or pancakes and syrup, ever again.  This has done it for me."  If I hadn't felt so sorry for him I would have laughed!

The pain in his legs had absolutely nothing to do with what he had for breakfast.  Turns out his potassium was very low and he was having severe cramps!!  But, if he connects the pain in his legs with the syrup that's okay by me...I ain't telling him any different.  Am I mean, or what?!!

Daddy is home and doing fine. Without his monthly overload of sugar and carbs, maybe we can get him off some of his meds.

Thanks DDBee!  You so smart!!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 28 lbs. in 3 months

Post by Deborah D. »

Well its about time you know how smart I am....thanks for taking care of Daddy, and I won't tell him it was not the pancakes and syrup that caused the pain either....Maybe he will stick more to LDL and get a lot better....give them both a hug and kiss for me, and I will give them one myself on the 19th...I am planning on wearing the Red outfit for the Christmas party....see you then.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs