Artichoke, White Bean and Roasted Garlic Salsa

Top off your foods with these great tastes!
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Copied from the Terra Chip site...would be good with Corn Thins or veggie dippers.

1 head garlic
1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can artichoke bottoms, diced
1/4 cup roasted red pepper or pimientos, diced
1 can white beans, rinsed
1 small red onion, finely diced
3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Wrap the head of garlic in aluminum foil and bake in a 350° oven for one hour. When garlic is cool enough to handle separate cloves and squeeze out the roasted garlic into a bowl. Add juice of one lemon and with a whisk add oil in a steady stream. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

PREP TIME: 90 minutes
READY IN: 90 minutes
SERVES: 8-10
margo
Master Member

Re: Artichoke, White Bean and Roasted Garlic Salsa

Post by margo »

Man, this sounds good...

But are you sure that it's enough for more than one eater like me??? I could eat this whole quantity easily by myself!  or at least it would be a good snack for The General and me!

This is on my menu for Sunday brunch....

i wonder what other bean i can use instead of the white bean...white beans give me the worst gas...(pardon moi)..

God bless!
margo
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I would suppose you could use any bean you wanted.  The smaller ones make for easier "dipping."  There are quite a few varieties of small "white" beans...Navy, Great northern....and they wouldn't have to be white.  Pink beans would make a pretty dish.  I hope you enjoy it...I haven't tried it...just came across it this afternoon.

Here's a fun beany page:  http://www.foodsubs.com/Beans.html

Anybody ever find Rice beans?
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

OMG I NEED SOME OF THIS LOL
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

[glow=red,2,300]! ! ! MARGO ! ! !  Where have you been, Girl? ! ! ? ? [/glow]

I just came online & opened a post at random and HERE YOU ARE!  I have missed you so much.

About the number of servings in the recipe, I'm sure it was a misprint.  It probably was supposed to say Serves 8-10 MINUTES, not PEOPLE!  HA HA

So, come over to my journal page & tell me what you've been up to.  Hope it's been something wonderful and exotic and adventurous in Egypt.

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

GH,

This sounds really good. I have come to rely on Artichokes as a staple in my diet.  :drool:

Are you sure you mean a HEAD of garlic and not a clove?  Just checking!

I also like the idea of using white beans more.  In another post someone mentioned a carb intercept pill whose main ingredients was white beans.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting.

Julie :rose:
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

greenheron,

This sounds good and I'm definitely going to have to try it. I love artichokes. *love*

Here's a tip: Instead of cooking your garlic in the oven you can cut the top off slightly to expose the garlic, drizzle with 1-2 tsp of olive oil, place on a paper towel cut side up in the microwave and cook for one min. Turn over and cook one min. more. Let cool and continue. I love this because it saves so much time.

CQ
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

julie409 wrote:GH,

This sounds really good. I have come to rely on Artichokes as a staple in my diet.  :drool:

Are you sure you mean a HEAD of garlic and not a clove?  Just checking!

I also like the idea of using white beans more.  In another post someone mentioned a carb intercept pill whose main ingredients was white beans.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting.

Julie :rose:

Yup, Julie...should be a whole head.  When you roast it in the oven, and don't cut or mince it while it's raw, it has a much milder flavor.