WHERE ARE YOU?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
cameron
Master Member

Re: WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by cameron »

JF -  Sounds wonderful, glad you had a great time, one could get to a lot of places in a month, thats for sure. I usually pick a hot spot, and sit there for 2 weeks! I so admire anyone that has the patience to roam around in a motor home, because that must be a great way to see the country.

High tea at the Empress must have been so delicious! I have only seen photographs.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cameron, We loved it.  That's when I ate sweets, and talk about the choices.  I surely ate my share.  Now, I can't imagine eating sugar again.  When I can eat all the fruit and smoothies I want, I have no desire to have sugar pastries.  I wish I had found this wonderful WOE long ago.  As Crick always says, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."  God has created so many bountiful foods, so there is no way we can be bored or hungry.    :thumbsup: and  :D JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Seeing the country in a motorhome is GREAT.  YOU CAN GO TO SO MANYS PLACES AND NOT HAVE TO BE IN A HURRY TO LEAVE IF YOU FIND A PLACE YOU LIKE. WE DO A LOT OF OUR COOKING OUTSIDE ON THE GRILL. FOOD  IS SO MUCH BETTER, EATING OUT DOORS AMONG THE TREES OR LAKES. IT IS SO RELAXING, WE HAVE ALL THE CONVENIENCES  OF HOME EVEN AN ICE MAKER. HOTELS ARE NICE TOO, BUT IT'S JUST NICE TO GET AWAY.
Last edited by witheraway1 on August 28th, 2010, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Wither,

We have been fulltiming going on 6 years.  No, we have not gotten tired of it.  My DH and both were seasoned travelers/campers before we got married.  We planned for this for almost 20 years, as it got closer we started thinking about what to keep and what to get rid of.  I do a lot of crafts (sewing, knitting, beadwork, misc. stuff, etc. ) and getting rid of my craft supplies was the hardest decision to make. 

We mostly go between Michigan where we have a home we are working on and Florida where we winter.  I do get tired of Michigan, maybe because we work a lot in the house and have lived here most of my life, and I'd rather be traveling somewhere I haven't been yet.  We still want to see mostly the East, South, and West coasts of the US and Eastern Canada.  We've seen a lot of the middle of the country.  My goal is to travel to all 50 states.  I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, have travelled to Alaska, so the hard parts are done. 

We change parks depending on several things:  what we are doing in that area, just passing through, how much it cost per night, do we like the park, how we are feeling, the weather, what we have to do like shopping or laundry, etc.  I do make reservations or at least call the park at least 24 hours before we get there to be sure they have a spot big enough (we're 53' from front bumper of the pick-up to rear bumper of the 5th wheel) and 14' to 18' wide depending on if we put the awning out, so we need a little room.  We also belong to several camping clubs that offer a discount depending on time of year, day of week, length of stay, and location. 

Anyway, as the weather here will probably be getting a bit colder and rainy in September, we will be getting "hitch itch"  :D and ready to move South (you know, with the geese  ;D ) to warmer climes.  The people we are with in Florida actually feel more like family than our own families (so spread out) and you know what they say about Friends . . . they are the family you Choose!  *love*  :D

Sorry this is so long, but this is a passion of ours.  If you are serious on full-timing, send me a personal e-mail with your phone number and we'll chat.  There's a lot to learn, but it's not hard and it is fun.

*hug*
Ginny
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My husband and I travel each summer just for fun but we plan on traveling full time at some point in our retirement years. 
If you ever make it to Montana please contact us so we can meet.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Mary,  Thanks for the invite, it sure is tempting  ;D .  We went to Key West about 5 years ago and stayed on Sugarloaf Key but not the KOA.  KOA is a little expensive and LOTS of KIDS!  :wacko:  We stayed just south of the KOA at a little campground that gave us a discount with our camping club and was very quiet.  Unfortunately, we already have plans before we hit our final winter stay.  We are definitely planning to go for the next convention (fast boat to Key West from Ft. Myers  :D )

*hug*
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

I live in Northeast Florida, just sw of Jacksonville called Middleburg.  I am a native Floridian and except for 7 years living in Charleston South Carolina as a child, I've been here.  I am 56 years old and a AT&T retiree.  My husband and I have been married 34 years and have 2 grown sons, 1 dnl, and 2 grandsons 11 years and 9 weeks. They are, of course, the most perfect creatures on the planet.  We live about 1/2 hour from Jacksonville and 1 hour from the beach. 

It is sooooo much fun reading about everybody.  Reading this thread has been like watching the Travel Channel...Love It.

Keep this up, it's encouraging.

Debbie

oh...this is my day 3 on LDL, and I think I may actually be getting the hang of it. I started out making it harder than it is.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Debbie,
Welcome to LDL. You are going to love this eating plan.
Happy eating,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Ginny  Where do you all end up in Fla.  I live in Avon Park  near Lakeland and Winte Haven 
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I agree reading this thread is like the travel channel. I have started at the beginning and read the whole thing at least twice.  Each time I enjoy hearing from others more than the last. Welcome to LDL, ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY!.....Keep us posted as to how you are doing      Wither
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome Debbie.

I think I made this way of eating a bit more difficult at the beginning too. But it really is very simple and you are going to love it!
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Wither,

I will keep ya'll posted and also will check this thread daily for more postings.

Cameron,

I already love it.  Because of diabetes, I have to make adjustments, but, the ability to eat pretty much what I want vs the low carb I've been doing is much less stressful.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Karen,  We end up in LaBelle for about 4-6 months.  Isn't Avon Park on US-27?  I believe we go through it from LaBelle to Orlando.  We belong to Thousand Trails RV Parks so we will be spending 3 weeks in Orlando, and about 2 in Wauchula before we get to LaBelle.  We'll reverse this on the way home beginning the end of March.

Debbie, the LDL WOE has dropped my suger.  I was getting into the 120's and getting worried again that it was rising.  Now, after a little over a year on LDL, I had a 95 the other morning and usually it is from 100 - 115, depending what I ate the night before I went to bed.  Hang in there, it WORKS!  :D

*hug*
Ginny
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Yes, AP is on 27.  I am only 15 min from Wauchula my son in lw was born and raised there.  And yes you do go thru to get to Orlando. Give m a buzz whe coming this way maybe we can hook up for lunch Hugs Kaern
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

i'm in oregon!  why isn't anyone from oregon?  :'(  LOL  ;D
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hi Miss BizzyLizzy - I feel the same way. I'm from British Columbia, and no one is from here either! 
Maybe someday we can meet in the middle, somewhere in Washington State!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

No one in Montana that I know of but me also.  It would be nice to have more people close by.
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Green, Ohio!!
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Never heard of Green...where is that?

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone