WHERE ARE YOU?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by crickadoodle »

NomoreLCforme ---  its nice to see a face to go along with your name.  Maybe we'll run into each other one day.  I do shop in Houma sometimes -- especially at Sam's.  The Fuji apples are really good there right now.  It's funny that I don't normally get apples, because I'm sort of prejudiced against all apples.  It goes back to my early encounters with apples -- the "delicious" variety.  They would look so big and red and juicy, but I'd bite into it and be so disappointed, because it'd be so mealy textured.  I enjoy a good crisp apple, but rarely get apples at all because of the deception I felt from those "delicious" apples.  Now I know other varieties are way more dependable than "delicious" apples for their crispness, but I just sort of pass them all up.  I'm going to start getting more apples, I think.  I've really enjoyed those Fujis.  Granny Smiths are always crisp too -- really most of the other varieties are.  I think they need to rename "delicious" apples to deceiving apples!   :laughing:
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Crick... Fuji apples have become my favorite!  The Gala apples are pretty good too.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF GOOD APPLES OUT THERE............but I agree with crick the delisious can be kinda mushy sometimes..........I don't buy apples very often either...I think for me it is too much trouble to eat it.....unless you slice it of course.......Wither
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

OK, Mary, I know I said that there was no place like home in one of my previous posts but I will admit that I wouldn't mind moving to the Keys. It's absolutely beautiful there and it's definitely more laid back than Tampa and everyone seems to know each other.

CQ
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

wow Im so excited.....I didnt know I was going to the keys in november?  what are the dates may I ask?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Come on I know theres more of you. Join in on the fun of knowing more about us . Love you all Wither
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

Crick, I LOVE the Fuji apples at Sam's.  They're the only apples I eat.  They're so sweet and delicious.  Next time I'm at Sam's I'll be on the lookout for you.  ;)
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

We live in a small town south of Kansas City; born and raised in the area. I saw someone mentioned Minnesota; we take our annual vacation every year near Bemidji. My daughter won a trip to Orlando, Florida last year so we got to see the ocean for the very first time!  It's interesting hearing where everyone's from.

Vicki
JEM

Post by JEM »

I love Fuji apples next to Golden Delicious.  I never did like the red delicious apples and just realized now from reading Crick's post that it's because they are never crunchy and they are never as sweet as the other ones.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Debbie- The dates chosen for our Key West convention are November 11-13, 2011.  I plan on going and wearing pink capris.    It was decided that would be our "uniform."  I should be close to goal by then.  It will be great to meet you and hope lots of members attend.  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I live in Anchorage, Alaska; I've been here since December of 1981. Came up here with my then- husband who was in the military at Elmendorf AFB. We have a son named Dan who now lives in Seattle. After the divorce my ex moved to the lower 48 while I stayed on in Alaska. It is a wonderful state in many ways. I enjoy the beauty of Alaska- love the cooler summers and the long light-filled days. In June you can walk around at midnight and the sun is still up ! Yes, we have long winters and darkness, but it's a dry cold, as they say. ( Fairbanks has colder temperatures). Once winter starts I settle happily into it. I have lovely fireplaces and antique ornate heaters to give me warmth, a cosy home to relax in. Also have a majestic mountain view to enjoy. It's been raining quite a bit lately, but since I'm a rain lover, it's OK with me. I have always wanted to live on the Oregon Coast, but if that doesn't come to be I do enjoy visiting a wonderful small town on the pennisula called Homer. There's a beautiful bay to enjoy there. We do have a lovely inlet here near me, too. The only thing is I'm a chicken about hiking in the woods and trails because of grizzly and black bears in the area! Oh, yes, they come right into town at times. I do walk around my neighborhood, keeping and eye out, of course! And I forgot to mention the moose that parade around every day. They can be dangerous, too- especally if there are moose moms with kids! But I really do enjoy it here. Anchorage offers almost everything that any cosmopolitan city in the lower 48 does. We are hip here,too! :tongue: My fiancee has a cabin on an island and we enjoy spending time there. After we're married he wants us to live there full time! Well, I don't know about that yet, but we'll see! :wacko:

Anyway, just wanted to share a little about where I live! I enjoy reading posts from all of you!

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on July 28th, 2010, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Wither
I am in the southeatern part of the state.  I now live in Idabel Okalahoma but if you look at an arkanasa map we Goodwater sometimes shows up.  Goodwater  is about 8 miles from arkansas and 20 miles from texas.  The closes place to do major shopping is 65 miles away in Texarkana.  Town is small and we have a walmart.  :sad: It was hard to adjust to the ways down here.  There was no shopping and everyone clanish.    I keep busy doing charity work and active with a local service group.  I teach 1-2 grade kids at church.  I just used the term nowhere as It fells like I live aboslutely nowhere from everyone else.  It is so far out the Goodwater roads are only dirt.  When it is dry the dust does fly so you always want your house away from the road or you live in dirt.  Red at that
Donna
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks CL VERY INTERESTING..........do you ever plan on moving back to California? ..Sounds like you don't have much traffic where you are.......Wither....................
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose  :rose:
Is that cabin far out away from other people? JUST WANDERING IF THEIR ARE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE  ISLAND.......IS THERE ELECTRIC AND RUNNING WATER THERE? If there's not that's  going to take some real  love to move there..    :laughing:  ..I know it must be relaxing and pretty though.......Wither
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'm in a beautiful small town in southern Ohio, right beside the beautiful Ohio River.  I think it is the "garden spot of the world."  Our town has been absolutely delightful this year.  Hanging huge baskets of flowers  along the streets.  Our park is well tended.  I was born and reared here.  Attended college, stayed on campus, close to my home.  We are right next door to West Va and Ky.  We have rolling hills, because we live at the foothills of the Appalachian Chain.  I taught school for 32 yrs and did drug free schools for 9 yrs after retiring from teaching in 1990.  I started teaching at 18 and retired when I was 50. I earned my masters from Marshall U.  We celebrated our 52ND Anniversary last June.  We have a girl and a son, and 5 grandchildren.  They live close by us.  My husband owns a service business, and our son now owns it.  We still help with some of the work. We would never want to live any place else.  We love the people, the weather, and the beauty of the area.  We love to travel.  We've been to all 50 states,  most of Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and we hope to travel a whole lot more.  We lived in Cincinnati, Ohio for 3 years while my DH was in school.  We also loved it there.  I think everyone should love the place where they live, and that is exactly what I'm reading on the boards.  God was a creative Creator, and He knew our habitat before we were born.  I marvel at the beauty of the US and world.  We get to go on a cruise from New York to  Nova S in Sept and Oct, so we get to see the beauty of the changing leaves.  We loved it up there  in the summertime. I have enjoyed this thread a lot, so thanks, Wither, for starting it.  :thumbsup: and  :D JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

JOYFUL FRIEND, i have enjoyed it also. From what I am hearing there are a lot of beauiful Places. And Yes, we all do seem to love where we live...........Anyone else?    Wither
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Debbie, you're welcome to come stay with me this November in the Keys if you want to!

Oh Mary,
WANT TO????? LOL  Are you crazy?????  Of course I'd want to!!!!!  I think it might actually work out for me too being so far away in the future.  I look forward to exploring the possiblilty of attending this event in Florida and finally getting to meet you and Roger and the others.  
I have missed these boards, its good to be back.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on July 28th, 2010, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:
Debbie, you're welcome to come stay with me this November in the Keys if you want to!

Oh Mary,
WANT TO????? LOL  Are you crazy?????  Of course I'd want to!!!!!  I think it might actually work out for me too being so far away.  I look forward to exploring the possiblilty of attending this event in Florida and finally getting to meet you and Roger and the others. 
I have missed these boards, its good to be back.
Love and God Bless
Debbie

and JUST so you know, debbie and i are "lucy and ethel" so where SHE goes, I go.......................................haha..............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..