boards have changed...........

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
cameron
Master Member

Re: boards have changed...........

Post by cameron »

Speaking of people that haven't been on the boards lately, does anyone know what happened to leisuregranny (sylvia)?  she used to post regularly, but hasen't been on the boards since the beginning of May I don't think.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Julie, I REALLY DO THINK WE SHOULD ALL BE HEARD.........NO MATTER WHAT    WE HAVE TO SAY WE MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS TO BACK US UP BUT THAT DOESN;T MEAN WE ARE NOT RIGHT........WITHER
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Ollie so glad you posted........ I am sure there are others that agree , but if we don't stand up we can't change it. There is something wrong when there is so much negative where is the love we all have for each other. I did not want anyone to feel bad or at blame. but i just felt something was missing and had to post it. and not for one minute do i think i am a know it all. I above all have a lot to learn in life. And hope to do it right I may not get another chance at it . I hope to make my mark LOVE TO ALL WITHER
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 17th, 2010, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I love the boards as much as I love eating the LDL foods.  The support is so very important to me in keeping me eating healthy.  I try to read as many posts at some point during the day as possible but end up skipping over certain ones I don't find interesting.  I have learned alot from these boards about eating healthy.  I like reading some of the medical information that comes on here and if I don't see it to be of interest I skip over it.  I am a person who wasn't raised even knowing what healthy is so some things have been real eye openers for me.

I have seen alot of changes on the boards some good, some not so good but I can honestly say every day I read enough posts to lift my spirits and help carry me though.  Whether it is encouraging words, journals or new recipes I have felt honored to to be able to call the people on these boards my friends and my LDL family. 

I agree there have been alot of people come and go since Nov. when I began on the boards.  Some we didn't get to know very well and some I enjoyed keeping up with and miss.  I hope in the postings I have put on the boards I haven't offended anyone.  I love having the encouragement and want only to return an uplifting word not to be hurtful to anyone.

So, I hope everyone is staying cool and having a nice week-end so far. 
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Wither
You made me stop and think about things.  With my husbands medical problems I had became negitive and it has effected my LDL progress.  I know it and I knew what it was doing but I just couldnt break the cycle.  Your Post made me stop and think it was the lightness and fun that keep me going and bantering from snoopy (she will be back full time in a week).  I am not in a more postive mood.  I even made my DH a new shirt yesturday and did a quite nice job of it.  It is a little loud but he likes it.
Thanks for you post you did help me
Clown Lady  Come for tea
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Wendy,  *hug*

I do agree that the wellness info that makes its way to the boards is a good thing. I do skip what I don;t need but there have been gems that have helped me to figure out some lifelong issues. It is amazing that the medical community does not offer more in the way of nutritional info. SO we have to piece together what we need from our friends and the internet.  :wrong:

Like you, there was absolutely no direction coming from my home/family while growing up. In fact, looking back, I can see that as a child I instinctively stayed away from the things that give me trouble as a adult in the way of food allergies and after being forced to eat these foods, probably gave me the basis for a lifetime of weight struggles. But my parents could not have known about wheat allergies - and dairy intolerances.  Can you imagine growing up Italian and refusing to eat your grandmother's home made pasta?  Or not eating lasagna because of the ricotta and mozzarella?  :laughing:  That was practically against our religion.  :angel:

Now I can also see that my mother who was morbidly obese, had the same food and thyroid issues and received very little help other than thyroid meds. But we learn as we grow and find more info available through the internet. In knowledge there is power, and when more people come together in a forum like this we create a diverse set of viewpoints and experiences and knowledge that should prove helpful to someone. We can apply what makes sense and discard the rest.

I am extremely grateful to the people on the boards for all the support and helping me to lose 50 lbs and keep it off. I have always said the boards are a great part of LDL and it's success. We just need to remember we are here to help each other and not create a smack down  :shock:

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Julie :rose:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Very nicely put , we are here to help people and not create a smack down..........I for one am going to watch my words to make sure I don't hurt anyone. I don't think any of us do that on purpose, we just sometimes don't watch our mouths and some don't come back. Let that not be me........ *hug*  to all wither

Cl, if I helped you that makes me feel good!  You are always so supportive  and cheerful. I wish you were my neighbor..........and I wouldn't leave you alone either...... :laughing:    WITHER
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 18th, 2010, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Clown Lady, I love your posts too, and your banter. I always read them and you make me laugh. I have never thought of you as being negative.

Oh, and Wendy, I can hardly imagine you offending anyone. You are always one of the first ones with kind words, and welcoming the newbies. I know I apppreciated hearing from you when I started.      ck
Last edited by cameron on July 18th, 2010, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Apparently I am the offender. Please PM me for non-LDL issues
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Oh Linda Rn
I love reading your posts and I can't imagine that you have offended anyone.  It is LDLers like you that keep the rest of us going strong and learning how to be healthier and wiser in our choices.

Thank you Cameron
I figure there is so much negative things out in the world we have to deal with everyday.  It is so nice to come to the boards and find a friendly loving environment where people truely care for each other.  We are all trying to get to the same place so it is nice to be able to cheer each other onward.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Linda, you have never offended me, I think you are a very caring person.            ck
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda RN, You could never be the offender, You are always so helpful and not in a know it all way..............I could never see anyone getting upset with anything you say, The boards would not be the same without your imput. Keep posting.......... *hug*   Wither

And Wendy , you are also one of the most supportive here. Your posts are so nice and uplifting, Keep them coming..........I remember you and wonderful Pam were one of the first ones to welcome me.    :rose:    :rose:   FOR BOTH OF YOU!     WITHER
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thats right Wither, I remember when I made my first post, Pam was there within minutes to give me support, and  help me to to get my thoughts channeled in the right direction.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wither and everyone else in this discussion-  I went camping with my 4 grandchildren this weekend and missed this all!  I am not surprised that this board does not meet the needs of all the members all the time.  We are a big family and, like all families, probably get on each other's nerves or inadvertantly say something that someone may misinterpret or take personally when it was not meant to hurt others.  If we put too much effort into every posting THAT would surely take the fun out of this lively, informative, supportive, and fun group.  That said, I don't always read every word of every post, however, I do care about all my friends here and read most and care about all of you.  Some threads are just more helpful or interesting to me than others.  This concern has come up in various forms since I joined in May of last year.  Sometimes the boards are more uplifting and supportive and sometimes they are more confrontational.  I think that can be a good thing.  I guess lately they have been more the latter than the former!  The bottom line is that we all struggle with many of the same issues.  When some of us are more needy, those feeling more confident at that time can offer support.  Later, the tables will be turned and we can return the favor.  The important thing is that we are all in this together and we can overcome our obstacles to being trim and healthy.  We have the tools and we have each other.  If I have offended anyone today or in the past, please PM me and let me know as that has never been my intention.  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, you could NEVER OFFEND ANYBODY.....keep being who you are that's the Pam we all love..........WITHER
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Wither.  That made me feel really good!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

ok Pam no more camping, cause look what happens  !!!!!!!  lol    (just kidding)
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

As far as I've seen LDL has only nice people and the longer they stay the smarter they get. I figure if I hang around here long enough .I'll be nice and smart too ! :laughing:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

FUNNY, MISSDONNA......... :laughing:  WITHER
vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Linda I love reading your posts, and have never noticed anything offensive. In fact, I don't recall seeing anyone being offensive to others. I read most everything posted on these boards; if a post is not something I'm interested in I just go to the next. No problem!

Vicki