Potatoes on LDL

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mtngirl

Potatoes on LDL

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what the status is on the potatoes.  Are they still allowed?  Has eating them stalled anyone's weight loss.  I am putting potatoes on my grocery list for this week and just wondered how everyone was doing with them. 

Thanks,
Alisa
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: Potatoes on LDL

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have been eating potatoes for a while now and it hasn't changed my weight.  I usually bake with skin on and then eat half.  This morning I had a baked potato left so I left the skin on and heated it in a teflon type pan and then put eggs over it.  I will see if this changes anything.
I was very skeptical at first but decided to try it as a filler to meat and so far it has been fine.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Potatoes were not part of  the things to eat in the LDL red book; however, Roger was trying an experiment with potatoes.  No result has been affirmed.  I have never cared a whole lot for potatoes, so they are not a part of my eating, although I fix them most every day for my family.  I wanted to lose my weight and to keep it off.  We all know potatoes are healthy, but still have a lot of sugar in them.  I think other vegetables, frozen, fresh, or canned are much better for weight loss.  If you lose eating potatoes, it is an individual choice.  There's an abundance of other good foods that encourages weight loss.  I like a sweet potato every now and then.  I bake it, use a t of ICBINB and a little bit of sweetener and cinnamon on it.  It is delicious.  I order it sometimes when eating out.  I usually ask for a pat of real butter and use splenda.  :) JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I use sweet potatoes also to satisfy a hunger for sweets.
It definitely feels better in the winter than a smoothie.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...