Deborah D's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Deborah D's Journal

Post by Deborah D. »

I guess I had better start my Journal as I have been on LDL 6 weeks....and this way I can see where I go wrong, or have someone tell me where I am going wrong.  I will take any help I can get....

Every Morning (8:00-8:30) I have started my morning off with a smoothie, I always use unsweetened Apple Juice, 1/2 banana, and a pineapple spear.  Then I add either Strawberries, mixed fruit, or blueberries....(most of the time I have more then will fix in my glass so I will make one to two small smoothies and freeze for later)
I did try the Apple Pie smoothie and it was good, I need to add more frozen Apples cause I like mine thick.
after eating the smoothie, if I am still hungry I will eat a piece of fruit.  Then if still hungry a couple of eggs. (When I first started LDL I would eat all 3 each morning...Now most of the time I eat only the smoothie...unless I have to take my friend who is sick to the Doctor.

Then I eat my lunch any time between 1:00 pm 4:00pm, which is when I start to get a little hungry...  Then I will eat some kind of LDL soups like taco soup, pizza soup, and I made the RM made right the other day and added Pinto beans, corn, 2 cups water and garlic to it and made it into a soup kind of....it was good...better after you let it set overnight and the flavors blend together.

Then later before bed if I get hungry I will eat some popcorn, or one of the frozen smoothie's, or either fresh fruit...lots of fresh grapes, maybe a couple of strawberries...it does not take much...I find myself eating less  and less and not getting hungry.

I have also started making fruit water....because most of the time I can't drink plain water with nothing in it,  So this morning I made a gallon of Strawberry water, which was 5 or 6 strawberries put in the blender with water and mixed up until the fruit was liquid.  Then I poured into the gallon of water and then I drank on it most of the day and almost drank the whole gallon today. That's good for someone who can't or won't drink plain water.  You can use any kind of fruit you like to make this water.  I also put one package of sweetener in it if needed.

so starting tomorrow, I will write a daily food journal, and as I started drinking water today, I weigh today to see if I had lost any more weight (weigh date is the 8th of each month) and another 3 lbs has bit the dust (which makes it 20 lbs gone).  But I also want to see if drinking the water will help me lose also, so that is one reason I got on the scales early.  The weight loss before drinking water, and the weight loss after drinking water...

So until tomorrow good night..
Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 16th, 2009, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Deborah's Journal

Post by MsHeirloom »

Deborah- Don't you just love being a "loser?"  LDL is so wonderful :inlove:!  Congratulations.  Pam
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Deborah-I think 20 lbs. in 6 weeks is wonderful  :thumbsup:  Great idea about the fruit water -- i don't drink enough either.  let me know if it makes a difference.  Keep up the good work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* You sure did wondeful in 6 weeks. Congrats my friend!
Kathie in Fl. 
[
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey sis!  I see you've started a journal...now I can keep tabs on you...you'll never know when I'm lurking around, so keep up the good work!  [glow=red,2,300]20lbs. [/glow]  I'm so proud of you!!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Well here is my food journal for today 10/18/2009

Breakfast:unsweetened Apple Juice, 1/2 banana, pineapple spear, and frozen mixed fruit.  (had 5 oz left over so froze for later use)

Lunch: As this is Sunday, our little church goes out to eat after services so I took a few grapes and a banana just in case they went where I could not eat....Good thing I did too...they went to Taco Casa.... So I ate some of the grapes (had to share with the kids) and the banana.. and after getting home I fixed a little bowl of Taco Soup

Dinner: I have a microwave popcorn bowl, so now I buy the bags of corn and make my own popcorn with EVOO and when it is finished popping I added ICBINB spray and a little bit of allspice...it was good...and then I finished the 5 oz frozen smoothie from breakfast.

By the way Sis...your always welcome to keep tabs on me...and send me the recipe for the fish you told me about in your email!!! it sounded good.

Until tomorrow
Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Today is Oct 19th 2009

Breakfast-(8:30-9:00)smoothie made with unsweetened Apple Juice, 1/2 banana, pineapple spear, and frozen blueberries.  (had 2-5 oz left over so froze for later use)

Lunch:(4:00-5:00)Cooked the BB'S chicken with Marmalade (used seedless blackberry marmalade instead of the orange, and left off the Fat Free Ranch dressing & oranges) wonderful chicken, also cooked some Lima Beans to go with it...My husband loved the chicken.

Because lunch was so late, will not have dinner, just eat the two 5 oz frozen smoothie's and maybe popcorn (will have to wait and see) before going to bed.

I also drank all my strawberry water, so I made a gallon of banana water (have drank almost half of it) and also made a gallon of Mixed fruit water.. I am now drinking my water... :thumbsup:

Until tomorrow.
Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on January 2nd, 2010, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 20th,2009

Got up at 7:00 A.M. but was cleaning house and forgot the time, my friend called at 9:00 to remind me I was taking her to her doctors appt.(she has cancer on the brain)

Breakfast:(10:00-11:00)smoothie with unsweetened Apple Juice, 1/2 banana, pineapple spear, and frozen mixed fruit.(again made lots more then 1 glass, so I took some with me to my friend who is sick) and cooked 2 eggs, because I know it would be a long day.

Lunch (4:00-5:00) had Ty's Beef, Beans and Turkey my way.  Added Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Taco Seasoning and 1 pkg dry onion soup mix, and a can of each, Purple hull peas, Bush's Cannelloni beans and rotel tomatoes.( this was better after letting it set overnight and the flavors blend.)  My husband also liked this, but not as well as the chicken we had yesterday.

Dinner: Was one of the frozen 5 oz smoothies and the popcorn I did not eat last night.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Deborah, sorry to hear about your friend.  You're doing a great job with journaling.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 21th,2009

Got up at 7:30 A.M. cleaning house again,trying to get every thing done before camping trip this Friday night and Saturday (with the Whole Church).  Had to take my Friend to her appt. again today, also tomorrow I will be taking her again and then we are going to buy her a wig, as she has lost every bit of her hair, this is the second time she has lost her hair.

Breakfast:(10:00-11:00)smoothie with unsweetened Apple Juice, 1 banana, and Strawberries.(again made lots more then 1 glass, I am taking my friend one every morning now when I pick her up.  She loves them and she said it helps her feel full before her treatments.)

Lunch (2:00-3:00) had Ty's Beef, Beans and Turkey my way again.

Dinner: Was late because I had to go to Wal-Mart to get all the stuff for the camping trip...Sandra I had to make Carolyn's Baked beans  :'(  (for the whole church and I can't even eat any...lots of brown sugar...after getting them all mixed up, my husband had to come taste to make sure they were good...they passed his inspection.  :kissed:  I did not even taste one time....after getting all the stuff made, mixed and cooked....  I was then able to eat, after cooking so much was very tried so I ate a few grapes and 1 banana...  Still drinking my fruit water...and holding on to the LDL way of eating...

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 22nd, 2009

Got up at 7:00 A.M. Had to take my Friend to her appt. again today.  Then got every thing ready for our camping trip this Friday night and Saturday.  All that's left to do is Bake the Baked Beans and then load the truck and head out Friday afternoon.

Breakfast:(10:00-11:00)smoothie with unsweetened Apple Juice, 1 banana, and Strawberries.(again made lots more then 1 glass).

Lunch: (1:00-2:00)  Was very hungry by lunch time, I guess because I did not eat that much yesterday and last night,  So I went to have the last of the Ty's Beef, Beans and Turkey my way again, but was not even 1/4 cup, but I heated that then, I had been on the computer looking at LDL recipes and found one for Blueberry Pie, so I made that and had most of it for lunch, I did leave some for my dear husband.

Dinner: Was just a couple of bites of meatless taco soup, I was still cooking it in my Crockpot..(I am thinking about taking some camping, cause it is getting cold here, and I don't want to eat anything not on LDL while camping.) Went to church and then came home and ate just a little tiny bowl of meatless taco soup again, It was good but not as good as it is with meat in it.  But I can eat it.

Until tomorrow, sorry until Sunday,
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hi Deb.  You are doing so good, girl.  I admire the way you can cook and bake stuff for others and not take a tiny bite!  If I'm cooking, I'm TASTING!! 

I had decided that I would not eat protein today...and I did pretty well until I started making supper for Mom & Dad.  I was mixing up a meatloaf when I realized how late it was...and if I baked that meatloaf it would take another hour at least.  So, I divided up the meat and made 6 patties that I fried in my teflon skillet.  It smelled soooo good.  Yep, I broke off a little piece...and then another...I ended up eating a whole pattie!  :wacko:  Oh, well. 

Hope y'all have a great time on the camping trip.  Stay warm!!
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Journal for Oct 23, 2009

Got up at 7:00 A.M.  But the Baked Beans in the oven, and sliced the tomatoes for our cookout at the state park tonight. and then load the truck.  Everything is ready to go, we will leave about 1:30.

Breakfast:(10:00-11:00) This morning was busy so all I ate was 2 small banana's

Snack: (2:00) after leaving for the Park, stopped at the store for more fruit, and my husband picked me up a small bag of popcorn already popped, so I ate some of it.

We got to the park about 3:30, unloaded out truck, then helped the others when they got there...They started cooking the hamburgers at about 8:30 PM.  We got to start eating about 9:20-9:30.  They had a little problem with the grill.

Dinner: 2 hamburgers patties made with salt, pepper, garlic, bell peppers and onions, cooked on the grill.  Then I made my 2 hamburgers with lots of lettuce on bottom, then the meat with low fat swiss cheese, then a onion slice, mustard, pickles, then another layer of lettuce....I used the lettuce as my hamburger buns.  They were so good.  So today every thing was LDL approved.....

Until tomorrow
Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 24, 2009

Got up at 5:00 this morning, I guess the water I am drinking is doing it's job, walked to the restrooms, which was a good little walk, on the way back to the cabin, I noticed that our cook was already up and working with the food for the grill. (he was going to cook briskets and ribs).  I walked over there and talked with him, and it was so cold.  Asked him if he had coffee made, NO he had forgot to bring them any coffee, so I go back to my cabin and get my coffee pot and the coffee, walk back up to there camp site, which was very near the restrooms and dropped off the pot and coffee, but I had forget the filters and coffee cups so back to my cabin I go and get them, and then back to his camp again...With all that walking I hope to lose at least one more pound.  My husband got up about 7:00 so then I cooked him breakfast then I cooked for me.

Breakfast: (7:30) 3 eggs with onions, bell peppers and low fat swiss cheese, and some pace.

Snack (1:00) banana's and some grapes

Dinner was ready for everyone to eat at about 5:30.  They had briskets, ribs, sausage, potatoes salad, green beans cooked with bacon, my baked beans..and all kinds of cookies and sweets.  It all looked wonderful.

Dinner:  2 ribs, 2 slice of beef, and a couple of slices of sausage.  That was all, no beans, salad, breads, or desserts.  And I drank almost a gallon of water today.

Until tomorrow
Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey sis!  Sounds like you did pretty good on the camp out.  Sometimes it's hard to eat right when you're out of your normal routine - at least it is for me.  But you are so good!!  :angel:  You are my hero!
Beginning weight - 247                 

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thanks Sis..it's nice to be someone's over the age of 5 years old hero!!  It was not as hard as I believed it would be...I just made sure I had lots of fruits and things I could have instead...And most of all I was not hungry, most of the time.  This way of eating is wonderful.  Just got back home from church, Warren and I went out to eat alone after church, he wanted to eat at on the Boarder, so we did, I order the salad, I did not eat even one chip, and I loved there chips....I just ate my salad and the fruit I took with me.  so another check point has been passed.  But this week is also the week I have to bake one dozen Banana Nut Breads, for the Fort Worth Church's Family Day Saturday Oct 31st.  It's going to be an all day event, I am sure I will need all the fruits and beans I can get for this week.  Will let you know if I pass with flying colors, or if my flag slips down some.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 25th, 2009

Breakfast: 1-Banana, 1-Apple and a few grapes

Lunch: Small Green Salad with Black Beans and corn, 1-Banana and a few grapes

Dinner: Bowl of Meatless Taco Soup and a few green olives

Drank my water today!!  Also started today doing what Roger said about jump start your weight loss..I am going to go for 3 days at least, maybe 7 days if I can eating NO MEATS!!!  I have 15 more days until it scales day, I want to lose as much as I can this month.  I have set myself 3 goals.

FIRST ONE: Get under 200 lbs. (would love to be here before my second wedding Anniversary in 7 months)
SECOND ONE: Lose 100 lbs. (would love to be here before my birthday in August which is 10 months)
THIRD ONE: Reach my goal of 125 or 130 lbs.(would love to be here before Christmas of 2010, which is 14 months).

The question is can I or will I do it?

Until tomorrow
Deborah
Last edited by Deborah D. on October 26th, 2009, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Twoshoes

Post by Twoshoes »

With an attitude and a will like yours, Deborah, I can't see how you could fail to reach whatever you want.

God bless your efforts in all things,

Twoshoes
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 26th,2009

Breakfast: 1-Kiwi, and a few grapes

Lunch: 1-Banana and a medium bowl of meatless Taco soup

Dinner: Medium bowl of Meatless Taco Soup, 1 banana.

Snack: microwave popcorn

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on October 26th, 2009, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Well, shoot!  I can't believe that about our stevia!!  I'll just have to use mine up before I can buy more - can't afford to throw it away, although I'd like to!!  I'll start looking for the Sweetleaf brand, and hope there is no nasty aftertaste.  You are doing so good, girl.  I'm afraid you are going to lose more than me AGAIN this month.  :'(
Beginning weight - 247