Weinner's (Katrina) food Journal starting on Wednesday, Feb 18,2009

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Weinner's (Katrina) food Journal starting on Wednesday, Feb 18,2009

Post by robnveronica »

Katrina...Congrats on the 8#. You'll find that we all lose at different rates. Some months I tend to hold more fluid and others I don't. Just keep on going strong. You can have raisins but sparingly. Think of how many grapes you can eat versus how many raisins you need to get the same level of fullness. The same goes for all dried fruits.
You can do this. Good luck in your new way of eating!!
weinner
New, but learning

Post by weinner »

Thanks alot !!  That's an average of 2 lbs a week.  I guess that's not too bad and especially without any exercise....What I meant to say is that I have NOT went off of LDL, my typing needs improvement!!  :D
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Katrina....8 pounds in a month is a very healthy rate of weight loss.  You should be very proud of your accomplishment!  I lost 10 pounds the first month, 5 pounds the second month and 7 pounds the third month....and I'm thrilled.  The good news about LDL is that this is a way of eating that you can live with from now on and never have to worry about gaining back the pounds after you lose them.  Be proud of your first month's success - you've done GREAT!

Cheryl
weinner
New, but learning

Post by weinner »

Thank you so much!!!  That means so much to me. Your right, it is good and I am proud of myself.  "Wow" your success is GREAT !!! Thanks for your encouragement!!! ;D
sugarbeartf

Post by sugarbeartf »

Katrina, Congratulations on losing 8#'s. I lost 10 in 5 weeks, so we are losing the same so far.  :)  Just keep on keeping on.  :thumbsup:

Tracy
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Katrina, what a nice weight loss.  Wow, that is two pounds a week.  I'm so happy for you as know how good that makes a person feel.  It is scary stepping on the scale, at least for me, and wondering if you will go up or down.
I know you will have continued success.

God bless you.

Hugs, Carrole
weinner
New, but learning

Post by weinner »

Hello everyone!  I still doing good, I look forward to trying new recipes every week.  Last week I made Roger's chicken sausage, "OH MAN" I LOVE IT!!! I also tried the key lime chicken and even my husband likes everything so far.  "He really liked the sausage" We've been eating turkey sausage for years now, He had a heart attack 8 years ago and our whole life changed. I have had to learn how to cook differently from the way I was raised however I still had my sweets, I thought I was doing good when I would make a cake w/egg beaters! hahahahaha I think eating the "LDL" way will do the best of all !!!  Well this week I made the Tuna salad w/apples and I really like it, it is really sweet! I was surprised.  Last night I got everything I need to make the pizza soup, I will make that tonight.  I have also been eating baby green Lima's w/white corn,I cooked it in chicken broth and ICBINB and alittle of Silva's seasonings.  Last night I was not hungry until American Idol came on, so I just ate some frozen grapes and my 4 1/2 yr old and my 6 yrs old just loved them and even were asking for more.  Isn't that something!!  I have not been writing everything down but am doing the LDL recipes.  I will have to get back into the habit of writing it down.
Like today I had:
(B) hazelnut flavored coffee w/splenda
1 banana, 1 orange, baggie of grapes,1 scrambled egg (I don't know what it was made with ?, probley should not of ate it but I was hungry and had just got to work from the Dentist this a.m. coworker had got it from the cafeteria, probley was made w/whole milk--won't do that again)
(L) 2 chicken sausage patties, baby green Lima's w/white corn. 1 corn thin w/tuna apple salad and I'm eating a salad w/kidney beans now and veg's, but I don't think I will be able to finish it.
(D) dinner I don't know-probley some popcorn, or some Hummus & corn thins.  At night I've been drinking decaf Ice tea w/spleda & I've also been drinking my qt of water a day.  Thanks alot for all your help.  I feel my close continuously getting looser!!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Katrina,

Still feeling happy for you and your family being on this journey together.  Great having your husbands support.  Sounds like you are busy with a 4 1/2 and 6 year old.  I remember those days.  Now it is grandchildren and they go home usually at night. ha.

Hope you have a great Monday.

Hugs, Carrole