Can yall believe this?

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mtngirl

Can yall believe this?

Post by mtngirl »

I have been searching through my pantry for my air popcorn popper and can't find it anywhere.  When I cleaned out my pantry LAST YEAR, I think I may have given it away  because I never used it.  Thought I would always use the Microwave bags!!!!!!  Now I wish I had it.  I think the air popper worked better than the brown bags.  I use Orville's but there seems to be a lot of kernels unpopped.

I received a gift certificate for Mother's Day and may use it to buy an air popper.

I think the popcorn is working with my craving for chips and Fritos.
Ritarh

Re: Can yall believe this?

Post by Ritarh »

Hi Mtngirl,
I too had a problem with doing the popcorn in the brown bag.  It tasted good, but was kind of a hassle.  So I found a cheap microwave popper at Walmart (paid around $5.00 for it) and it works great.  Now if I do have any left over kernals that did not pop, I just put them back in with the next batch and they cook just fine.  Walmart also had a Presto brand microwave popper that was around $15.00, but I decided to go cheap and it works just fine.  Good luck to you.  Don't know about you, but the popcorn is a lifesaver for me!! :thumbsup:

Rita
mamavan

Re: Can yall believe this?

Post by mamavan »

Hi Mtngirl,
I tried the brown paper bag popcorn three times, three times it failed. I wanted to buy an air popcorn popper ... wasn't able to find one in Walmart. I'll have to look in other stores. They used to be everywhere. Go figure. When you want something you can't find it. Good luck.