Fern's Journal One Day At A Time

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
ferndani

Re: Fern's Journal One Day At A Time

Post by ferndani »

We went to the grad party yesterday.  What fun.  We had karaoke and of course when I found out, I was the first one up.  It's all history after that.
The party was to end at 6.  We were still going strong @ 8.

I took my RT burger and salad.  Everyone kept asking where I got the salad, they didn't see it.  I also took my waldorf salad.  They did have some fresh fruit which took care of the evening hours.  So everything went great.  Just a lot of fun.  Food wasn't the focal point at all.

Saturday 6/6/09

B - Fresh Fruit Bowl - Apples, watermelon, cantelope, grapes

L - Open face H'burg - RT burger and fixings

D - Waldorf salad and Fresh fruit

S - Popcorn
One Day At A Time
FernImage

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Fern - GREAT job, as usual.  I always enjoy reading about your LDL journey and rediscovering, through your eyes, all the dee-lightful things I have learned along the way.  Thanks for the reminders!

You didn't do a thing wrong by eating the skinless chicken breast.  That's one of Roger's survival strategies it to eat the least fattening version that still tastes good to you.  We still have to be careful not to do it every day, because as Mary recently discovered about KFC grilled chicken, sometimes they sneak in disgusting ingredients that you wouldn't dream of eating if you knew they were in there.  Like soaking the chicken in rendered beef fat to keep it moist.  YUCK!  :sick:

I hope you share Let's Do Lunch with your insensitive client and loan her your book!  Please don't give in to the spirit of offense - you'll only be hurting yourself.  Under the circumstances, I wouldn't be too hard on her for the apparent selfishness.  When people are hurting, it's hard for them to expand their focus beyond themselves.  I have heard that AA encourages consumption of sugary foods and drinks to take the place of the alcohol, so she's probably just working her program and didn't realize how it might affect you.

Congrats on the progress with your health issues.  No biopsy -- YAY!  I am encouraged by the fact that you have so much residual kidney function.  Praying that the doctors are wrong and your kidneys will recover 100% of normal function -- in Jesus' name!

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
ferndani

Post by ferndani »

Sunday 6/7/09

B - Cantelope

L - Orintal Chicken Salad w/mandarine oranges and sm amount of salad dressing

D - bowl of pinto beans and cantelope, grapes

S - popcorn w/EVOO spray
One Day At A Time
FernImage

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Just stopped in to say hi, and to thankyou for the encouragement your journal gives to those that read it, at last with ldl, we don't have to do it perfectly every step of the way or risk failure, sometimes we make poor choices, and then we just dust ourselves off and make better choices.  You have been doing really well making good choices for your food.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hey Fern!

Wow, the change in your numbers between your doctor's visits is fantastic! Especially your blood pressure change! I am so glad for you!  :thumbsup:

And you're doing great at planning ahead and avoiding the stress of wondering what you can eat and leaving the door wide open to be tempted by the unhealthy stuff at social occasions. Way to go!

Seeing that 20# drop between doctor visits must be a wonderful encouragement.

God bless,
Terri
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Hiya Fern!

You are doing so well and I love reading your stories about the successes you are experiencing. It is amazing how once you get it in your head right...along with the help of the cravings being gone..the hopelessness of not having control..how easy it is to go to a party or social event and ease right through it!

Way to go girl..you are doing great!!!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Honeygram

Post by Honeygram »

Hi, Fern,

You are doing a great job!  :thumbsup:  I have not been perfect, but pretty close to it--except for my week in NM.  The scales tell me so.  Not only are your scales going down, your test results are much improved.  Congratulations!

I am a licensed therapist/counselor.  I am in agreement with what has been said about your client.  I am a sugarholic.  When I cut out sugar, I am a carboholic.  When we give up a habit, generally it creates a vacuum or a need for a replacement.  Addiction is cyclical--vow to quit, stress happens, give in to addiction to feel better, remorse, beat yourself up for failing, vow to quit....  I am doing quite well on this diet with very few cravings now.  You are too.  When you are in that car with the client, remember you are not alone.  We are with you in a joint effort! 

Honeygram
ferndani

Post by ferndani »

My computer has been down.  I feel like I've been on an island isolated.  I haven't posted since Sunday so I'm not going to go back thru each day, but I will say my food has been OK....
I've been sticking to LDL.

B -  fruit or smoothie
L -  either tuna salad, an omelet, salad w/grilled chicken, or Beans and soup at lunch
D - fresh fruit or smoothie, Bowl of beans, or soup
S - Popcorn and or frozen grapes

We got free tickets for a movie opening last night and on the spur of the moment we went and took out G'Daughter and her friend.
We saw The Proposal w/Sandra Bullock and Ryan somebody.....It was fantastic!  Very very very good.  You must go and see it.
The popcorn was calling to me but I waited till I got home to have some.

I must go to work.  We have all of the G'kids this weekend so will be a busy one.  What else is new.
Have a great day everyone,
Talk to you later,
Fern
One Day At A Time
FernImage

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Hey Fern
enjoy the grandkids, I wish mine were close enough to come and visit, but I only get pictures and phone calls.  sounds like you are doing so well, God bless your journey