Going to St. Lucia!

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
jraeg
New, but learning

Going to St. Lucia!

Post by jraeg »

I saw this plan in First magazine.  Started using the sample menu listed in the article.  I'm also waiting for the book, ordered from the LDL website.  I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast, a low carb chicken wrap with Laughing Cow cheese, chicken strips, and lettuce with spritz of spray Ranch dressing, and a cup of bean soup for lunch, and another fruit smoothie for dinner.  I also snack on fruit the rest of the day with the occasional piece of cheese.  I have lost 8 pounds since last Wed.  I'm hooked.  Going on a big vacation (without kids) end of September.  Hopeful so far!

jacque
Last edited by jraeg on May 31st, 2009, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isthis4me

Re: Going to St. Lucia!

Post by isthis4me »

sadly the first article shows the wrap and they are not ldl approved  *hug* you can use lettuce to roll them or use corn thins to make a sammich  :inlove: welcome btw
jraeg
New, but learning

Post by jraeg »

I didn't know they weren't approved.  It's working for me though!  Sometimes I just have soup with chicken in it as my protein.  Loving the fruit smoothies!
jraeg
New, but learning

Post by jraeg »

I have to stop weighing myself everyday.  I find that I need the positive reinforcement, however, it can also work against me as you all know.  :'( Went to a barbecue/pool party at our neighbor's yesterday.  Ate LDL all day, party started at 3:00.  Ate a banana right before we left, started drinking beer there. *evil*  Ate a few grapes, a hamburger patty, some grilled chicken wings, a few chips with dip and half of a small cookie.  I stayed away from the scale this morning.  :stop: Although, I don't think I really ate too much.  The beer really made me want to eat all of the cookies, brownies, and chips with dip.  Should have eaten more fruit.  Starting today right!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jacque........here's what you have to do, since a trip to st lucia is worth putting a LOT of effort into this......stay AWAY from beer....i'm going to say that that is your worst enemy of alcohol.....
cheese?....stay away from it...that's MY biggest enemy in the dairy dept.....roger feels that even fat free cheese is fattening...
eat all the fruit you can eat for breakfast......pick a main meal time and eat lavishly...salad/ALL the bean soup you can eat/heavy protein.................for dinner, it could be fruit and/or salad and/or  bean soup......................EAT UNTIL FULL.......avoid snacking by eating BIG meals that keep you full for a few hours....you'll lose the desire to snack...
AND.....stay off the scale.....DON'T you know that SCALES ARE FOR FISH?(haha....mayday..tom.....mayday...mayday)
find a pair of pants that are really tight on you.....WHEN they fit you?...weigh yourself....THAT is your positive reinforcement...
now, PICTURE blue skies and palm trees...and YOU lookin good in a bathing suit.................end of story.................niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
jraeg
New, but learning

Post by jraeg »

thank you niki!  I needed that!  Going to take your fabulous advice.  (I usually don't drink any beer, it just sounded good!) *evil*

jacque
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jraeg wrote:thank you niki!  I needed that!  Going to take your fabulous advice.  (I usually don't drink any beer, it just sounded good!) *evil*
jacque

you're VERY welcome :angel:........keep me posted on progress.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..