Wasabe Peas

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mamavan

Wasabe Peas

Post by mamavan »

I didn't notice Wasabe Peas mentioned anywhere in the posts or the book. Does anyone know if they're  LDL acceptable? I see them in the grocery store all the time...but I never checked out the nutritional value or the ingredients.  I was never a big fan of soy nuts, but I bought them and mix w/raisins, a little cinnamon and spray w/a little EVOO spray. I love this snack! And I love spraying EVOO on fat free popcorn...who'd thought I'd love it more than I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, but I do!
Cheryl
niki
Administrator

Re: Wasabe Peas

Post by niki »

mamavan wrote:And I love spraying EVOO on fat free popcorn...who'd thought I'd love it more than I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, but I do!

my children AND my 9 yr old grandson LOVE my popcorn with olive oil on it....the first time they tried it and REALLY liked it, i was kinda surprised myself.....actually, it tastes better than it sounds.....as far as the wasabe peas?...you have to check the ingredients..............i wonder if i can get the ingredients online...i'm going to try........... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

I see posts all the time about spraying popcorn with evoo. What kind of olive oil spray are you all using?

Thanks,
mtngirl
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mtngirl wrote:I see posts all the time about spraying popcorn with evoo. What kind of olive oil spray are you all using?

olive oil in a spray bottle.....i forgot who makes the one i have...actually, the one i have started to annoy me so i started using the squirt bottle from my flaxseed oil.....i used to squirt flaxseed oil on my popcorn....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Hi Niki,
I'm going to run into the grocery store again...I'll check out the ingredients for the Wasabe Peas...they are a dry roasted snack, but I'll check it out and let you know.

Mtngirl the spray oil I use is actually a store brand which has the exact same ingredients as Pam's EVOO spray. I have always kept these sprays in the house even b/f I started doing LDL. There are Canola sprays, butter sprays, etc. but here at LDL it is the EVOO spray. I'm not a big popcorn fan, but I gotta tell you ... since spraying w/EVOO - it's become one of my favorite snacks. Try it...I bet you will like it!
Cheryl