Doreen's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Believing I Can

Re: Doreen's Journal

Post by Believing I Can »

Saved4Life wrote:D - Steamed Broccoli, Caulifower & Carrots with "Cream Sauce" poured on top (Butternut Squash Soup) YUMMMMM

Ummm, sounds good Doreen! 
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Carol,

It was very good....a very good substitute for "cheese sauce" that I used to love pouring over broccoli and caluiflower!!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

3/17/09

B - Big Smoothie

L -  Baked Chicken Breast w/red beans with a dab of BBQ sauce, & corn

D - Big salad

Snack - popcorn
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

3/18/09

B- Big Smoothie, coffee w/FF creamer

L- Turkey Chili

Snack  Soy Nuts & Raisins

D -  Popcorn

My journal is so repetitive...and rather boring!  If I only had a Vita-Mix....
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Ha Ha on the vita-mix.  I don't have one either, but I manage.

At least your repetitive meals are LDL approved.  You doing way better than me this week.

--Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks, Jill...I find staying LDL is pretty easy if I stay prepared for the week.  I try to plan ahead and cook some meals in advance to take for lunch.  I hope to have some time soon to try out some of the wonderful recipes.  I am also looking forward to getting the case of Corn Thins I ordered from Amazon.com!!

Have a BEAN-utiful day!
Doreen  *love*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

03/22/09

B - Scrambled Egg, Coffee

L - Roger Burgers, Steamed Mixed veges

S-  Popcorn

D - Salad, GRAPES
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi everybody...I actually have something interesting** to post in my journal...

B - Fruit Smoothie

L - Baked boneless skinless chicken breast w/home made SF BBQ sauce, red beans, corn

D - **Garbanzo Bean Pancakes with blended Blueberries on top!

I just decided to try and experiment, this is what I did...

1 cup G.B. Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp. EVOO
and just enough water to make the consistency you like
I cooked them in a non-stick skillett with a little EVOO

I hope this is LDL friendly because I sure enjoyed 2 lg pancakes!!!  And, I felt so full after eating them!
Last edited by Saved4Life on March 25th, 2009, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It should be LDL compliant, D.  There are a number of G.B. & popcorn flour pancake recipes on the board.  Just be careful eating them too often.  Several people have found that with these, like my Banzo Biscuits & Beanana Muffins, they don't lose weight when they eat them regularly.  Apparently, processing is processing, whether it's done in a factory, or at home.  My theory for this is that all the blending & pregrinding takes away the work that our bodies WOULD do if we hadn't already done the work for it.  Just my two cents...

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

I totally agree, and that's my plan, to only indulge in these as an occasional treat...they were so YUMMY!

I have put the pkg of GB Flour in the freezer, out of sight - out of mind!

Have a BEAN-utiful Day,
Doreen  *love*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

ha ha.  The freezer trick never worked for me.  I always KNEW they were in there, and discovered I could eat frozen Snickers bars and smoke frozen cigrarettes just as easily as room temp ones! *scyth*
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen...lol...you crack me up.

Seriously, the out of sight thing works for me, because 5 min. after I put it in the freezer (not the freezer part of the refrigerator, the stand up in the laundry room) it's fogotten!  I forget more than I remember these days...
every since I started getting OLD  *woot*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AWWW.... You two look so BEAN-u-ti-ful ! ! !  Makes me cry I miss you so much.
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:AWWW.... You two look so BEAN-u-ti-ful ! ! !  Makes me cry I miss you so much.

ha .... now where did you get that word BEAN-UTIFUL!!!  Don't cry...I'll call you next time I'm down your way and we'll meet & greet for breakfast/lunch/dinner...whichever!!!

Hugs,
*love*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Bring your red hat.  I'll bring the beans.
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:Bring your red hat.  I'll bring the beans.

I don't do hats...don't like 'em on me  :thumbdown: ...but I'll bring more BEANS!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I hated hats on me until Michelle forced me to try on this big southern belle garden party hat at the flea market.  Surprisingly, I didn't hate it at all.  In fact, I had been looking for something to keep the sun off my head & shoulders when I'm outside but could never find a hat with a wide enough brim to span my form!  Everything I ever tried on made it look like I was channeling Mr. Potato Head...teeny hat, giant body. 

No matter what you wear, we'll still enjoy the beans.  We can run across the street & steal some red hibiscus blossoms from the neighbor's bushes to pin in your hair!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Red Hibuscus it is!!!

:D
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Bring your camper so I can stow away on the return trip.  We've had temps in the '80's all week & I'm not ready for the cool weather to be over.  :sad:
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:Bring your camper so I can stow away on the return trip.  We've had temps in the '80's all week & I'm not ready for the cool weather to be over.  :sad:

Sorry to tell you this, but we sold our RV 2 years ago.  We had no money to travel any more, and some neighbors in our area approached us and asked if we were interested in selling it because they had some major repairs to do in their house and needed it to live in as temporary housing.    We hadn't even thought of selling it but when they asked - - and we thought about the fact we hadn't used it in 3 years, and they had a need, so we sold it to them.

However, you are always welcome!  It was 47 at my house this morning, and the highs have been 70'ish and beautiful...until a Horrendous storm on Saturday...our 6 inch rain guage over flowed in 2 hours.  The forecase is for approx. 8-10 inches more rain over the next couple of days.  The Chipola River is already extremely high, and it hasn't crested yet... YIKES  *scyth*