Marie aka Thyroid's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
thyroid

Re: Marie aka Thyroid's Journal

Post by thyroid »

OH gosh no Carrole. We live in Illinois. where it's been cold!!!!!! We just had this really bad cold front go through that just might distroy a lot of gardens that already started growing, We had snow flurries today for our opening baseball day for the Cardinals.

Lv Marie
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I can't crow too loudly.  We're supposed to go back down into the 40's this week.

BTW Marie -- I'm not trying to beat you up.  You both DID do good by getting the slimdown smoothies.  WHEW - did you see what they put in some of the others?  You might as well be eating a Big Mac!

Loves,
Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Marie,

The smoothies sound good though :).  I'd say they are a better choice than the cup of hot chocolate I just drank.  *evil*

You do a great job of following the plan most of the time and sometimes you have to choose the least harmful of the options in front of you.

have a good day,
Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hey Marie,

You do the best you can & make the healthiest choices availabe...good for you!

It was 36 degrees this morning in the Florida Panhandle...burrrrrr...and it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow morning.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

lifegoeson24n7 wrote:Marie,

The smoothies sound good though :).  I'd say they are a better choice than the cup of hot chocolate I just drank.  *evil*

You do a great job of following the plan most of the time and sometimes you have to choose the least harmful of the options in front of you.

have a good day,
Jill

But Fat Free and Sugar Free -- right, Miss Jill?
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B.... oatmeal

Lunch.....cube steak, zucchini, corn, wassa cracker w/ 1/2 avocado (I know I'M, BAD )

Dinner....Tomato soup, salad
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B........smoothie

Lunch......jambalaya  2 cornthins

Dinner....      Pretzel  grapes

popcorn  later
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B.....None

Lunch....Tuna salad, corn thins

Dinner.....Neets meatloaf yummmmmmmmm peas, corn
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Marie - do you use the whole cup of blue cheese or gorgonzola called for in the recipe?  I bought a container of it, but used some in my salads before I got the meatloaf made.  I've never heard of doing that before.  What does it do for the meatloaf, besides add saltiness?  I'm going to try making it this weekend & take some to Neil in the hospital. 

Not going to tell him it's LDL.  *evil*  I promised I'd never lie to him about what's in his food, so unless he asks, "mum's" the word!

Gwennaford
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Gwen,

I've made Neet's meatloaf using low-fat blue cheese.  The recipe call for 1 cup and that's what I use.  It's wonderful.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Pat, is Neet's the one you usually use, or do you have another one you can share? My pre-ldl meatloaves were ok, just hit or miss 'cause I just threw in anything at hand.  I'll eat anything, no matter how it turns out, which is probably why Neil doesn't like my cooking.  He likes for everything to taste the same every time.  But I'm hoping to entice him into eating some of this upcoming batch so I need a tried & true recipe that I promise myself I will follow.  I'm down to 1/2 cup of lowfat blue cheese.

My stepdad made the best meatloaf on the entire planet.  When his kids came from out of state for Thanksgiving they wanted meatloaf instead of turkey.  My mom was cool with that - less cooking for her!

Hi Marie - sorry for highjacking your journal.
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

A always used to make "Dear Abbie's" meatloaf.  Ground beef, oatmeal, lipton onion soup mix, eggs and ketchup.  That was before butchers began adding water to their ground beef.  Now, with all the added moisture, I have a hard time getting a meatloaf to hold together unless I buy the beef from a reputable butcher and grind it myself.  I have to admit to using Abbie's recipe, using a combo of beef and chicken or turkey. The best meatloaf I've ever had was from a cafeteria in Evansville, but they won't share the recipe.  :thumbdown:  The meatloaf was cooked in a wonderful chunky tomato mixture with green peppers, etc. Meatloaf is my comfort food.  The meat patties that I make are made out of the meatloaf mixture.  I just make little individual loaves and put them on cookie sheets and bake them for less time.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Gwen,
          I use groundmeat, purreed carrots, purreed great northerns, eggs, popcorn flour, salt, pepper  and a little ketchup, mix together and shape into loaf,  spread a little ketchup on top and bake at 400 till done

p.s. carrots are found in most diner meatloaf
                                        kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Kris & Pat -- It's the quantities where I'm kinda random.  Do you measure, or just eyeball it?
ImageImage
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

I just eyeball it,  but I forgot the onion.....purree it also or kids won't  eat it
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Hi Gwen,
I have  used just 1/2 cup also used ff blue cheese instead  of Gorgonzola, they both work. Neets recipe is the best meatloaf we have ever had. I really didn't like meatloaf at all until Neet's 
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B...... oatmeal
Lunch.....pork loin chops, corn, green beans, little Mary's fake rice( Boards) It was really good!

dinner...... smoothie
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marie,

Hope your Easter was wonderful.

I love Neets meatloaf, I mean to ask Gwen which one she went with.  I have never liked blue cheese but in this meatloaf, it was fantastic.  Need to make it again soon.  Leftovers are so good on corn thins like a sandwich and saves cooking so much.

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Didn't make it yet.  Neil surprised me by walking in from the hospital without me knowing he was on his way, so everything is all piled up in every room - total chaos - while I take care of the wounded bear.  I'll be very glad when he is better so I can finish getting better!
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B......Shredded Wheat W 1/2 banana

Lunch...... salad (garden) w/sauteed chicken little Mary's  tomato soup

Dinner......Tomato soup ldl grilled cheese