Doreen's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Saved4Life

Re: Doreen's Journal

Post by Saved4Life »

I don't have any changes in my food intake worth mentioning or journaling.  Eating fruit smoothies, plenty of beans, etc.  So nothing exciting to report.

However...when I get my VitaMix delivered....look out!!!  There will be no stopping me  *woot*

One major change I have seen in myself, other than clothes getting on the baggy side, is the fact that I do NOT enjoy eating out.  I'd much rather reach into my refrigerator and eat at home, so that I know exactly how it was prepared and don't have to ask "what's in this?" either.  And theres the fact that we live out in the boonies, and the closest restaurant is 20 miles, and really good ones are 45-50 miles away.  BUTT...

When we do "go to town" and have to eat out...I always suggest the buffet restaurants because I can pick and choose what I have, and they have lots of fresh veges on the salad bar sections, and usually have some type of beans on the buffet!!

OK..I'm done rambling now....Have a BEAN-utiful Day!

Doreen  *love*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

One major change I have seen in myself, other than clothes getting on the baggy side, is the fact that I do NOT enjoy eating out.  I'd much rather reach into my refrigerator and eat at home, so that I know exactly how it was prepared and don't have to ask "what's in this?" either. 

AMEN SISTER!

Glad you found someone to bless w/ the RV.  We want one, hopefully soon.  Never know how much time's left!

loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Hey Gwen, you could stow away in our RV when we go back up to see Doreen & Wayne, unless our prayers are answered first, and we find a buyer for it.  It sleeps six, or more if you are friendly!  :D
Maybe we can get some more LDL'ers to go too! We can all sit in Doreen's front yard and sip smoothies if it is a nice day. 

Doreen, I used to love going to restaurants, but now I like our own LDL food better because I don't use as much salt when I cook as the restaurants do, so my feet don't swell as much.
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Carol,

GREAT IDEA!!!  I should have my VITA-MIX any day now...I could whip up all kinds of healthy goodies while you're here...we'll sit in the back yard though....since we put up a Screened Gazebo!!

Make your reservation soon, before you sell the RV!!!

Love,
D *love*
Believing I Can

OK! I will start saving pennies for gas to haul it up there!   :teeth:  Oooooh - a screened gazebo!
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:OK! I will start saving pennies for gas to haul it up there!   :teeth:  Oooooh - a screened gazebo!

Oh goodie....come SOON or in the fall for hanging out in the gazebo  ;)  Summer is way too hot to hang out there, at least for me it is!

Love,

Doreen  *love*
Believing I Can

I'm with you - I really dislike hot weather.
Believing I Can

Hi Doreen!  Just wanted to say HAPPY EASTER!!

God Bless,
Carol
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hey Carol,

Thanks for the Happy Easter!  Hope yours was great.

We went to church, finally got our unsaved neighbors to attend with us - they liked it!

It was a lovely weekend...a 3 day weekend for us and we enjoyed every minute!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hope you had a great Easter.

Happy to hear you have a vitamix now and can make lots of good ldl food.  Yesterday, I found an old meat grinder in my laundry room hid under some stored items.  Want to get it out and try grinding some meat.  I believe it came from my dh side of family.

Have a great Wednesday,

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WOW!  What a find, Carrole!  LUCKY girl!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Believing I Can

KNOCK-KNOCK..................DOR-EEN--------WHERE ARRRE YOUUU???    :blink:
We are missing you here!  :kiss:

Hugs,
Carol
Last edited by Believing I Can on April 20th, 2009, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:KNOCK-KNOCK..................DOR-EEN--------WHERE ARRRE YOUUU???    :blink:
We are missing you here!  :kiss:

Hugs,
Carol

Gee Thanks...I miss being here. too. 

On & off for about 2 weeks I was fighting off an intentinal  :sick: thing similar to "C-Dif" if you know what that is.  I am finally over that, thank the Lord.

Also 2 weeks ago, we had someone quit in our other office, and with the hiring freeze they are not filling the position.  So that means, I am working both offices, doing the job of two people, for the price of one!  No increase in pay, and more miles on the vehicle.  I don't have any spare time to be online, except for work stuff, and I have dial up at home, and way too frustrating not do I even feel like touching the computer!

That said, I'm trying to get back on the train  :inlove:  Pray for me :angel:

Doreen