Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by Joyful Friend »

Linda, that was funny.  I had a next door neighbor when I was a child who wore hose everyday, and a lovely cotton dress.  She bought Billy Sims cotton dresses for every day. (1950')  I never ever saw her messed up, and I saw her most every day, because I waited on the bus by her home.  On Sundays, she was always dressed so lovely.  We lived in the hollow from her, and my mom worked on the farm, so to say the least, she wasn't fixy.  On Sunday, she dressed up a little.  She was a wonderful mom.  The neighbor  was wonderful as well.  They both had true beauty from within.  June Cleaver and that show was funny. It's fun to think back to times like that.  *hug* JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

;D, Wendy,
I have a little magnet that says, "Nurses are angels in comfortable shoes." I don't own any heels now. Last pair I had was those chunky heels. I won't even think of squeezing my fat little feet in those pointed-toed, spikey-heeled things. Hard to find decent dress shoes in x-wide widths! :bomb:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I was never one to wear high heels with those skinny toes.  By the time I was a teenager my sister had married a foot doctor so we didn't dare wear shoes that would hurt our feet.
That is one thing I have found on LDL is all my shoes I haven't been able to wear forever now fit just fine.  I went down a whole shoe size, isn't that the greatest thing, not only am I shrinking but so are my feet.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I just love those old shows!  :happy: We have collected a lot of them!
Can't love high heal shoes though...wish I could ... too hard on my back!  :pouty:
Well, I also love moccasins and use to wear them a lot when young  :cool: Not as pretty though but cute and comfortable!  :D
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

1 yr anniversary and 47 pounds gone forever. Still have 60 something more to go but at least this year I won't hide from the camera or despise my reflection in the mirror! I LOVE LDL!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Congratulations, Linda!!!  You're right, those 47 ## are gone forever.  :thumbsup:  JF
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Congratulations, Linda!  What an inspiration you are!  :thumbsup:
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

How Awesome!! Congratulations!! You are my inspiration!! I have not done so well lately. Hopefully your success will help me get back on track!! 
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

So happy for you. Linda!  :rose:
So wonderful!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Seems I am more gifted at throwing things together than at really trying a recipe the way it is supposed to be. So I took a couple of LDL recipes and did some combining on what I had on hand and here's what I got:

I wanted something sweet last night, so decided to fix a crustless pumpkin pie, so I used what I had on hand. I sliced a banana in a small non-stick skillet and then decided to add a couple of peeled, sliced apples. I let that simmer a few minutes then added about a third of a can of pumpkin puree, simmered some more, then added some pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, and a bit of organic sugar. I know...not allowed but just can't get into the artificial stuff. Anyway it was wonderful and very filling

Then this morning I put the rest of the pumpkin in a pot with enough water to make it a creamy soupy consistency. I added 7-8 cloves of roasted garlic that I had roasted and stored in freezer. Then I added some green onion tops (given to us), chopped green peppers, a can of Cannellini beans, black beans, and chick peas (rinsed and drained). Then for salty taste, I threw in what was left of my coconut sauce (about a teaspoon), and sprinkled in some of McCormicks Pepper Medley. That was not enough for flavor so I added about a TBSP of Organic Better than Boullon. It was still a little bland so I looked up the recipe for Roasted Garlic and Butternut squash soup, and saw where Little Mary also used rosemary and Italian Seasoning in her's so I just used maybe a tablespoon of Italian seasonings in the grinder. It was really good and very filling and even DH who has never eaten winter squash or pumpkin other than sweetend, LOVED it! It is a keeper. Going to make lots of it and freeze in portions to take to work for lunch. I will either add ground beef or canned chicken to it for lunch but freeze without meat in case I need it for a supper!
Linda

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Linda, I just noticed your post about your 1 yr anniversary.  Congratulations, 47 pounds is a LOT of weight, almost a pound a week. What a great job you have done!

ck
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Cameron,
It has been a great year. I have not been deprived and even though goal is still a ways off, I am so much happier with the way I look and feel!
Linda

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Congratulations Linda!  :rose: One year and 45 lbs is absolutely wonderful! ...no where to go but slimmer in this way of eating!!!  :happy:

Your pumpkin experiment sounds wonderful also!!  :)
Beth(Ann)
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Linda,
Thanks for sharing - I am definitely going to try the pumpkin, bananas and apples, sounds great.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Does anyone remember a while back there was a recipe put on the boards that was butternut squash and apple casserole of some type.  That is what this reminded me of.  I made it once and my husband loved it.  It seems it may have had banana in as the sweetener.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I will bet using the butternut squash would be sweeter than pumpkin.
I may try it next time with some crushed pineapple also.
Anyway, it is very versatile and the pumpkin or other squash gives it filling and holding power as a desert.
Linda

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I was thinking of Pumpkin yesterday and wondering if banana mixed with it would make a good pie (or something?).
I did mixed seasoned navy beans in with my pumpkin one day and my guys look at it doubtfully but then found they liked it!!  :D
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, Linda RN, I went to Whole Foods today with the express intent to find a bottle of the coconut aminos sauce you spoke of.  I thought my trip was in vain, but finally found it on the bottom shelf near the soy sauces.  I haven't tried it yet, but look forward to doing so.  Of course it is a bit pricey, so how much should I use?  I'm hoping it goes a little further than the soy sauce would.  Thanks for suggesting it.  I love trying new things.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Crick,
A little does go a long way. Very salty.

Like CQ says, "I've been using this sauce to make some of our favorite recipes (substitution for Worcestershire sauce). It's really good but I highly recommend that you only use approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of what the recipe calls for...otherwise, it will be too salty. Or, you can just decrease the amount of salt if listed in the ingredients (use approximately 3/4 of the amount called for). I actually prefer the latter because I love the taste so much.
It works perfect as a substitute for soy sauce (no adjustments needed)."

Hope you like it as much as I do also.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Saw this on First Magaine's FB page and some of the ingredients intrigued me.
I believe it could be made LDL friendly by eliminating the pastry and gravy
Don't have all the ingredients, but will try it soon..

Thinking about trying this as a stew.
May mash the white beans in place of the gravy and add chick peas in place of the white beans in the recipe.
Linda