katfolks journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
katfolk26
New, but learning

Re: katfolks journal

Post by katfolk26 »

Im now 16 pounds down. Days are so much easier then the beginning. I feel so good again! Today has been a long day. Ive been up since 6am and im exhausted. Im really looking forward to summer break. Then back to school in August. Today for breakfast i had a banana. Then for lunch i made 3 cans of tuna that i put on tomato slices. Then for dinner ill have my big smoothie. Babys done eating. Talk to u guys later!!!  :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCFF6d3/]
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Looks like you're doing great on ldl! I'm just bake after eating wrong for over a year. Glad to :thumbsup: be back and happy to see familiar faces and new faces. Keep up the good work
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Wow!! Your weight is just falling off!! Good for you!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You are doing great Katie and looks as if having your first baby has not slowed your metabolism.
You seem to be loosing as well now as you did before.
At this rate you will need extra safety straps to keep you from falling out of that rollercoaster at Cedar Point!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
katfolk26
New, but learning

Post by katfolk26 »

Thanks guys.. I think i may have figure out how i lose so quick. I drink tons of water. Im thinking a gallon a day. My fionce is amazed of how this woe works. He sees how much i eat at lunch time. I still think its crazy how this woe works. But it does!!! For breakfast i had a banana. Then for lunch i have some frozen lean sirloin burgers and turkey burgers. I took 2 of the sirloin and 1 turkey burger and fried that up in onion. Then i added some taco seasoning and frozen corn. I put that on top of vegetarian refried beans and then topped it off with tomato. It sounds kind of weird but i love it!!! I love taco bells refriend beans but i think there so unhealthy so i had to go get some today. My fionce likes to go to taco bell, but i dont think theres really anything i can have there. So i try to stick to subway when eating fast food. Ruby Tuesday is also another good place to go to eat. They have a salad bar and an awesome sirloin. I get that cooked without any butters or oils. Delicious!! Well i hope everyone is having a great week!! Talk to u soon!! :D :D
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Way to go, Kat!!!    :rose: *hug*  JF
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Shari

nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Thanks for inspiring me..we are both newbies..congrats. on your weight loss....Keep it up...God Bless
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Hi Katfolk! Congrats on your weight loss! :thumbsup:

Please use caution when it comes to drinking so much water; yes, it is possible to drink too much water. It is called water intoxication and robs the body of too much sodium (Hyponatremia). Now it's absolutely esential that you keep taking in about 8-10 cups of water daily. However, it sounds like you are drinking about 16 cups per day. This may be way too much for your body to handle. Don't forget that LDL foods contain a lot of water themselves: mainly fruits and vegetables. Add this to the water that you are now consuming and that is quite a bit. Please ask your doctor about this. He/she may say that the amount you're drinking is fine. I just wanted you to be aware of this and do what your doctor advises. It's so important that we all lose weight safely! *hug*

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on April 25th, 2012, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
katfolk26
New, but learning

Post by katfolk26 »

Thanks everyone!! SweetRose i know all about hyponatremia.. I make sure to replace salt.. I dont eat to many salty foods.. But i make sure that im eating salt everyday.. When i was on ldl the last time my doc didnt say anything about me drinking that much water.. Ive slowed down a bit in the last few days.. Ive been really busy.. But anyways im down 20 pounds. yay!!! Ill take that for my first month.. I need to purchase a belt.. My pants are pretty big.. I was getting my double chin back and that is now gone.. Im so grateful for ldl.. This is the only woe i have every stuck to.. Ive tried other diets back in the day which left me hungry.. I cant say im never hungry, but while im in school i start to get hungry.. Im never there for more than 4 hours so im nice and hungry when i get home.. Today for breakfast i had a banana.. then for lunch i had 2 sirloin burgers and 1 turkey burger with fat free mayo, ketchup, mustard and i cut up a whole tomato. I also made vegetarian refried beans with corn. For dinner i had 3 fried eggs that i cooked in i cant believe its not butter and popcorn with that.. For snack i had 2 huge smoothies.. I usually have my popcorn for snack and smoothies for dinner but the baby is not getting used to the ninja.. He screams bloody murder everytime i turn it on.. So i started having popcorn for dinner and waiting until he goes to bed to make my smoothies.. He loves the popcorn maker and the vacuum doesnt bother him.. I dont get it.. lol.. This week is my last full week of school.. Tomorrow i have a final in my gym class.. That should be pretty easy.. Then i have a final next friday and im done until fall.. Well i hope you all have a wonderful week!!  :D :D
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great going, Katie!  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Yay! 20 pounds down! I know you feel fabulous, and here's cheering you on to goal! *hug*

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Hi..that is so great..I have lost 12lbs and very happy.....stay focus..thats what I keep telling myself...I don't have any cravings so far..but I am very determined this go round....God Bless..Carol(nana thomas)
katfolk26
New, but learning

Post by katfolk26 »

Thanks guys!!! Carol staying focused is one of the biggest parts in all of this.. It can be hard at times.. Especially when your hungry and friends and family will eat chocolate and stuff like that in front of you.. thats rough for me.. My fionce eats mostly what i eat.. But hes 168 pounds.. he really doesnt need to lose weight.. when i make burgers he will still have buns and my son got easter candy that he cant eat yet so Terry ate all of it.. lol.. I did very good with that being in the house.. I never even ate one single bite.. I think i kind of like that kind of temptaion sometimes.. It really keeps me motivated.. I dont ever want to be over 300 pounds again.. And when i see all that junk food it makes me push even harder.. When i was pregnant it was almost impossible to stay away from it.. Hormones!! But the next time i get pregnant i will do everything in my power to eat healthy.. I love feeling so good about myself.. And then to top all that off i think i will finish this semester with strait A's... My gym teacher told me today that out of everyone in the class i have amazed her the most.. I had to write a paper on health or fitness so i wrote about ldl and my journey.. She is just amazed by it.. Plus going to school full time, getting good grades, and having a baby.. I can honestly say that im proud of my self for my accomplishments this year.. I could really never say that before.. I was depressed for so many years and in the last year and a half i can finally say that im happy!! Thank you everyone for all your kind thought and support!! You all help me each and everyday to fight!!  :) :)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Kati, You are doing so well.  You're successful because you are eating LDL and not cheating.  I'm more pleased that you have gone back to school, and just think, "All A's"  That's fantastic!!!  Even with a little one to care for, you are with it. You are going to reach goal quickly. A  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:for you.  :thumbsup: *hug*  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I so admire you, Katie. I know how hard it was for me to work and raise kids. I can not even imaging trying to go to school and raise a baby. And straight A's?
I could not even acheive that being single, living in a dorm with maid service!
You are awesome!  *hug*
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Katie, I am amazed at your strength & determination! Wow! Your plate is full & you just keep going!! All A's??? Double WOW!!! You give me courage to keep going. Thanks!!  *hug* :rose:
Shari

katfolk26
New, but learning

Post by katfolk26 »

Hey guys, sorry its been a few since i have been on last.. Ive been very busy with finishing up school and we had went out of town over the weekend.. I have 1 more final tomorrow!! yay!!! Last time when i was on ldl you really couldnt tell after 20 pounds that i have lost weight. I didnt weigh as much this time and you can definitely tell.. My clothes are getting to big.. I only have another size to go until i can fit into some of my pre pregnancy clothes.. Im so glad that i made the choice to get back on ldl.. I feel so good about myself again!! Babys calling, talk to u guys later!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good luck on your last final.  Keep up the good work on all fronts!  PAM
chewy

Post by chewy »

you are doing so  well katfolks!!!yay you!are you eating a daily routine of meals?are you eating beans/legumes and air popped popcorn/corn thins daily?i am cheering you on!