Begininglight's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
begininglight
New, but learning

Re: Begininglight's Journal

Post by begininglight »

Thank you!  I know what you mean.  Today was soooo hard.  I was doing great this morning and then people come and tell me to eat tacos that they brought and I told them I was fine, well they said I had no choice but to eat it.  So, since they wouldn't leave me alone, I took out the bacon, threw that away, threw away the tortilla and ate only the egg.  They looked at me as if I was crazy!

B:  Apple + Coffee + Egg
L:  Brando's Lasagna + Orange
D: Butter beans with corn and sweet peas + v8
Snack: Popcorn +v8

Bad: 1/2 of coke zero (hadn't had a coke in such a long time, but no other caffeine source available at shcool and I was ready to drop dead from being tired and needed a pick me up.  i need to take juice with me next time.)

Is it bad to have too many V8's?  I just love them!  Is it also bad to eat sandwhich meat that is turkey breast?

I'm going to take pictures tonight and measurements.  I really enjoy all of the support and for the first time in my life I feel like I AM IN CONTROL of MY LIFE!!! 

Thank God for this, for Roger and for you ladies!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I haven't heard of anyone having bacon & egg tacos since I left West Texas.  The mamas would make HUGE piles of fresh tortillas every morning, wrap them around every kind of protein & send a big sack full to the field with their boys every day.  Bacon, eggs, chorizo, pork chops, chicken legs, it didn't matter what it was, they would stick it in big thick tortillas & eat on them all day long.  So I am SO PROUD of you for doing what you did in front of your friends.  What a great testimony you are to them to stick with your principles like that!  Being so new to Let's Do Lunch, and using that kind of will power (or WON'T power !) is just fantastic.

Your menu for the day looks just great.

Half a Coke Zero is not that bad occasionally.  Be sure to read your V-8 labels every time you buy it to make sure you aren't getting the kind that contains sugar.  Sometimes they can change formulations without notice and cause you problems.  We always use the low sodium kind because there is a whole day's worth of sodium in only 3 servings of the regular kind.  Be sure to drink plenty of water, too.  I would recommend that you don't make the V-8 your only beverage, and only have it with your regular meals.

I just pulled my Low Sodium V-8 out of the pantry to read the label again and guess what ? ? ?  There is sugar in there, as the fourth ingredient after the Tomato Juice from concentrate, Vegetable Juice Blend, & Potssium Chloride.  There are 8g of sugars in an 8 oz. serving.  So I guess I'll have to limit the LS-V-8 to once in a while & have plain tomato juice that I season up myself the rest of the time! 

About the deli meat, Roger says it's a BIG no-no because they process it with all kinds of gelatin, salt & other additives & preservatives.  So you are better off having the real thing on a sandwich.  Did you know that you can buy a broiled chicken breast all by itself at fast food takeout places & it only costs, like a dollar?  You could slice one of those up & make it into corn thin sandwiches for lunch.

Keep up the good work, kid.  You are doing great!
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 27th, 2009, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I probably missed something (which isn't new), but how do you make Brando's Lasagna?  Is it in the book or among the recipe cards?  I thought I knew about all the recipes. You're doing great!  Keep it up.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

hi Pat
  Brando's Lasagna is on page 144 in the book.
                    love
                      kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Pat
    Brando's Lasagna is on page 144 in the book
                have a good day
                          kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Kris who are you trying to fool with that sunny picture? Folks don't let her fool you .Ask her for a real timely Picture. There is 4 feet of snow in her yard and no leaves. It has been so cold all the needles fell off her pine trees. That is why she is only showing summer pictures. The pine trees are nekkid!
                      Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

snowbirdie wrote:Kris who are you trying to fool with that sunny picture? Folks don't let her fool you........The pine trees are nekkid!
                       Judie

you can fool some of the people some of the time, but NEVER your mother..................
  i've never seen nekkid pine trees....................niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hey,

There's Grace's Face!!!!  Nice looking at you, Kris!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Poor Niki,
        As a City Slicker I guess she is really deprived, (I wonder how many pine trees she has seen....nekkid or not)Probably only sees that decorated thing at Rockafellor Center at Christmas!) lol Niki
            thanks for compliment Pat
                            G-d bless
                              Kris
Thanks Begininglight for letting me write in your journal
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm guessing Kris' picture was taken in the summer because she's not bundled up to the eyeballs in down, fleece & furs!  I like the bright sunniness of it - it cheers me up.  Sounds like many others are feeling the winter blues & need cheering up, too.  So thanks for the sunshine, Kris!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

graceface66 wrote:Poor Niki,
         As a City Slicker I guess she is really deprived, (I wonder how many pine trees she has seen....nekkid or not)Probably only sees that decorated thing at Rockafellor Center at Christmas!) lol Niki

THAT'S RIGHT.........i AM a deprived city slicker.......BUT, my roots are in the mountains of greece...........and in heaven, i'm going to get a REALLY high mountain.........haha........wanna visit me?.................we'll have our glorified bodies and won't have to worry about falling off..................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Your post made me smile.  I truly hope there are mountains in heaven because I've always wanted to climb up a mountain.

I miss your post when you aren't around.

Hugs, Carrole
begininglight
New, but learning

My Journal - Back again!

Post by begininglight »

Nice Picture!

I've been out for a bit, pretty much this weekend due to school exhibits and crazy work schedules and trying for relaxation time.

I went off the paht a little during the weekend, but was surprised to see that I didn't eat as much as I use to and ate the healthier choices than the worse ones!!!

So I'm starting with today's again:

Breakfast: Apple, coffee and 1 glass of water

Lunch: Neet's Meatloaf + orange and water

Dinner: "Mash Potatoes" (aka butter beans with chicken broth) + Soy Milk and V8 (very small one, SPICY)

Snack: Popcorn + oj

You guys, I didn't have two eggs in the morning, I am letting go!  I will have boiled eggs every now and then, but not every day! Wohoo, getting better!!! Also, I found that my cravings for the fatty stuff are gone!  Wohoo
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Beginninglight,  You do sound like a busy girl. 

I'm glad you are right back on the train to skinnytown, your menu looked great.  It is funny how our taste changes as time goes on with this plan.  Some foods that use to be the tastiest, aren't anymore.  I'm so happy to be looking at what goes into my mouth now and making better choices.

Have a great day!

Hugs, Carrole