Deborah D's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: Deborah's Journal

Post by Deborah D. »

Hay Sis so far I have only lost 6 lbs this month, for a total of 23 lbs in less then 2 months.  but I started Sunday doing the jump start that Roger told us about.  So I have had no meat Sunday and today..I would love to lose another 17 lbs this month, still have 13 days to go.  I am still drinking the fruit water also. So will wait and see on the 8th of November.  I believe you have lost more inches then I have.  And I had just got a new box of the Stevia a few days ago.  I will be looking for the sweetleaf brand now also.

Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on October 26th, 2009, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Deb,

Loved reading your journal.  When I make my fruit smoothies, I also have a lot left over and have been freezing them and having them for dessert at night (I defrost them til they are sort of slushy) but I think I might try mixing some of my leftovers with water and making fruit water with them.  Don't know if that will work or not but I'm going to give it a try.

Also, I never liked Apple Cider before but suddenly Hot Apple Cider is WONDERFUL.  I think LDL has given me a new appreciation for FRUIT.

Thanks for the fruit water idea.
Alisa
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Alisa thanks for taking the time to read my Journal, and I am so glad I helped you with the water idea,  I have found so many great ideas about other things on this website.  It's wonderful how most everyone here is so willing to help others.  I must start writing things down, cause I find something and then forget where it is and it takes me forever to find it again.

Alisa you said "but I think I might try mixing some of my leftovers with water and making fruit water with them.  Don't know if that will work or not but I'm going to give it a try."  I think this will work because your using fruit, and maybe just a little apple juice, which comes from apples.  I say go for it, can't hurt!  I made banana water once, if you do this drink it in a couple of days, for if it takes longer it will turn dark, unless you put lemon juice in it.  

Have you been on LDL very long?  

Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on October 28th, 2009, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 27, 2009

Got up at 7:30 A.M. Wanted to eat breakfast and be finished before the painters got here today.  I am getting my living room, and 2 hall ways painted and fixed today :thumbsup:

Breakfast: 2 banana's, eggs

While the painters was working on painting the rooms, I went into the apt. that is attached to our house, and arranged the furniture, that I moved out of my living room, I am replacing mine with another, I hung drapes, and put pictures on the wall, I have to say it looks good using what I had. Now my husband is talking about renting it out furnished.  :D  Then my husband wanted me to make tea and bake a pizza for him and the 2 painters for lunch today.  :sick:  After I got their pizza ready.  I then fixed lunch for myself.

Lunch: Small bowl meatless taco soup, 1 banana  :thumbsup:

Painters will be coming back to finish up tomorrow.  It's looking good.
Went to church tonight for a special class, and they were serving, vegetables, fruit,  :thumbsup: Chips, dips, and soda to drink  :thumbdown:    .

Dinner: Several small baby carrots, and 3 cucumbers. Nothing to drink.  :thumbsup:

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 28, 2009

Got up at 7:30 A.M. Had to take my Friend to her appt. again today, and to pick up her wig (she looks wonderful with it), and we just did some running around because we had the time.

Breakfast: 1-banana

Lunch: small bowl of meatless taco soup, 1-banana

Dinner: small bowl of meatless taco soup, 1-banana, and a few green olives

Sandra I baked the Banana nut bread today, did not even taste one time...My flag is still flying high.  And the painters finished the house today and it looks wonderful, now, its time for me to do my thing and get it decorated.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Ya know, girl, that you're really making your old sis look BAD.  How can you be so GOOD??  Not one taste of banana bread??  You're a stronger person than I am.  But, I am so proud of you. 

Remember when you were skinny and I was chubby and I'd say, "Eat, Deborah, eat"?  Well, now I'm saying, "Eat LDL, Deborah, eat LDL!"  Keep up the good, healthy eating and you'll be skinny again before ya know it.  And, I hope I won't be too far behind you!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Remember Sis you have less to lose then I do, you only have 86 lbs to go I still have 128 lbs.  I think you'll be there before me. :D
I have been running friends back and forth to doctors and treatments, so I have been eating less and less.  Just got back from taking a another friend to her doctor.  I am going to eat eggs for breakfast.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Oct 28, 2009

Got up at 7:00 A.M. Had to take my Friend to her appt. today, and got home about 12:30.

Breakfast: 1-banana and eggs

Lunch:  1-banana, apple

Dinner: small bowl of meatless taco soup, and a few green olives

Sandra the Banana nut bread I baked yesterday, Warren just sliced one of them and said it was very good. So he is happy with me right now, also I finished decorating the living room with the stuff I had, I still need several end tables, coffee table, and a couple of sofa tables for the hall by the front door.  The house looks wonderful.  We got home from church a few minutes age, and Warren walked over by the living room and just stood looking, then he told me it was very nice, and it just made you want to stand there and look.  My bedroom is next, I am thinking about painting the room purple (accent wall and trim) and lavender walls.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

[glow=red,2,300]I really like purple!![/glow]Purple and lavendar walls sounds pretty, but that's a lot of color.  If the room is small it may make it look dark.  Of course, I like a dark room when I'm trying to sleep!  Also, I've got all that purple bedroom stuff that you gave me...haven't unpacked it...it's still in the packages.  One of these days I might get up the money and energy to paint and hang curtains, but don't hold your breath.  So, if you need your pretty stuff back, come get it.  It won't hurt my feeling if you take it back.  I bet it would be beautiful in your lavendar room.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Got up at 8:30 A.M.

Breakfast: 1-banana and eggs

Lunch:  Corn, carrots,Lima beans mixed together, and spinach.

Dinner: small bowl of meatless taco soup,with the corn and Lima beans added.  1 apple

Sandra I don't need all the lavender stuff back, I have 2 extra sets, that I can use.  And I am not sure about the purple and lavender walls yet, I might just paint it the same as the livingroom and halls, I just had done.  It is colors that will go with any thing.  But thanks for the offer.  Maybe one of these days I can come back and help you paint your room and hang your drapes.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

southern lady
New, but learning

Post by southern lady »

Hi Deborah, I am a newbie...just ordered my red LDL book yesterday...  and love your idea of adding some fruit to your water :thumbsup: I am like you and dislike drinking plain water...now I am excited about that helping me get my 6 to 8 glasses...You are an angel for thinking of that. :angel:  Helen
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Helen WELCOME to LDL, you will love this woe (way of eating).  There is so many recipes and other information you need on this web site, and all you have to do is ask questions and someone will jump in a answer them.  And I am glad to help about the fruit water, but I can't take credit for it, I was staying with friends and she had made some water with watermelon.  It was very good.  You can make it as strong or weak as you want, and use what ever fruit you like...Note if you make it with banana's put some lemon juice in it or drink it in a couple of days, for after that it will start turning dark, but I like the banana water.  Also on this woe, you eat till your full, and after a while, you will find yourself eating less and less.  I have been on LDL 2 months Nov 8th, and have lost almost 25 lbs.  But I feel better then I have in years.  And that to me is more important then the weight loss.  So until you receive your book, read, read, read, every thing you can on this website and ask questions.  Stay away from nuts, processed meats and sugar, pasta's and breads.  Eating the fruit will kill your cravings for Sweets and the beans will kill your cravings for breads and pasta's.  I know this works because I was a pasta, bread and sweet lover but I do not crave them any more.  And I can now bake sweets for other people and it does not bother me any.  You will see and it won't take very long.  And once again welcome to the LDL family and the train to skinnytown.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Got up at 8:30 A.M. Had to meet a new lady at McDonald's, as she was going with us to the Family Fun Day at the church.  Had a wonderful time, they had a pancake breakfast, a chili cookoff, all kinds of cakes, cookies and candies.  They also had APPLES, but I could not eat one, someone had covered them in caramel  *evil*

Breakfast: 1-kiwi

Lunch:  Small cup of white bean chili, and a small cup of reg chili both was very good.  Also had a little bit of popcorn and a bottle of water ( this was between 10:30 and 2:00).  We left at a little after 2:00.  Great Time...Stayed on LDL approved foods.

Dinner: small bowl of meatless taco soup.

May eat an apple, no caramel for a snack before bed.

Until tomorrow

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Nov 1st, 2009

Got up at 7:00 AM, forgot to change our clocks back an hour so had lots of time. 

Breakfast: strawberry, blueberry smoothie with a little apple juice (was very good), and 2 eggs.

Lunch:  Took the apple I did not eat last night to church just in case we went out to eat some where that did not have any thing I could eat.  We went to Applebee's today for lunch and I ordered  a grilled chicken breast salad, and a glass of water.

Dinner: A bowl of meatless taco soup with extra corn and Lima beans added, and a side dish of spinach.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Nov 2st, 2009

Got up at 8:30 AM, Nothing to do today, but go to Sam's and pick up more frozen fruit, and a 10 pound bag of Pinto Beans, I am going to start cooking my own pinto's for the different recipes.

Breakfast: strawberry, smoothie with a little apple juice (was very good)

Lunch: BB Chicken with Black Cherry Polaner all fruit, did not use the FF Ranch dressing or the Mandarin Oranges,(the chicken was very good) and a small serving of meatless taco soup with extra corn and Lima beans added, (Wanted to be very full, as going to Sam's to get more fruit and things, and they always have those people trying to get you to try different things, this way I can say NO very easy.) after getting back from Sam's I ate a Fuji Apple and a few grapes.

Dinner: A small bowl of meatless taco soup with extra corn and Lima beans added. That was the last of the meatless taco soup...maybe I will finish off the corn and Lima Beans tomorrow.  Drank my water today, but it was plain, so did not drink as much.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've read somewhere that Roger said because of all the fruit and vegetables we eat on this plan, you don't have to go out of your way to drink 8 glasses of water a day.  Water is good for you and if you want to drink it, do, but you don't have to force yourself to do it.  I pretty much drink when thirsty. 

You are doing great.  Don't skimp on your meals, though.  I'm just thinking of the day you ate just a kiwi for breakfast.  (Unless it was more than one.)  You really can eat a lot at meals -- especially lunch -- and still lose weight.  You want to love it and never feel deprived.  That's what amazes me.  I've lost 35 lbs. and am 5 lbs. from my goal, but I don't feel crabby like I could bite someone's head off because I'm so hungry.  :D  No martyrdom in it for me.  It is the easiest thing. 
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Crickadoodle It was only one Kiwi, but I was not hungry that morning, and I was running late, going to meet someone.  There are a lot of days now I have to make myself eat breakfast, or even lunch because I am just not hungry like I was before.  I believe I have lost about 25 lbs now (scales day is Nov 8th) in the almost 2 months I have been doing LDL, and like you I don't feel crabby or deprived, in fact I think I eat more food now then I did before starting on LDL, it's just different kinds of food now, it's the food that's good for you, and help you lose weight.  My husband did not like me to cook, because there is just the 2 of us, so he always wanted to eat out for every meal, so for the first 16 months we were married, we ate out all the time. Like Cracker Barrel, Logan's, Applebee's, Cotton Patch...and we shared every thing.  But I gained weight, he did not...So when my Sister O2Bthin told me about this, and we started on it Sept 8th while I was there helping her out, when I got home he started letting me cook at home, because he saw I was losing weight, and he wants a skinny wife.  I love this woe, and I am going to stick with it for the rest of my life because I know I can...All the foods are so good and I love to cook.  I am so glad you or almost to your goal, just 5 more lbs to go  :thumbsup:  I still have about 128 lbs to go, but that's OK..because I know they are coming off, and staying off.

Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Nov 3rd, 2009

Got up at 8:00 AM, Cleaned house, and did some laundry before going shopping at Wal-mart, and getting food for the next month.

Breakfast: Few grapes, got a Fuji apple then did not eat it.

Lunch: left over BB Chicken (1/2) with Black Cherry Polaner all fruit, and a small serving of corn and Lima beans, (finished the corn and Lima Beans today), so can start fresh for tomorrow.

Dinner:  Grapes, 1-Fuji apples, 1- Banana and 1 grapefruits.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on November 3rd, 2009, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Deborah, there are days that are rushed and it winds up being just one piece of fruit, so I understand totally.  I just didn't want that to be the norm for you.  It isn't about how little you eat, but about eating to keep the bad cravings away!  :thumbsup:  I had somewhat the same problem with eating out way too much.  I was working as a teacher for 24 years and have been married 6 1/2 years.  I no longer teach, but am caring for my mom since last school year ended.  A little later I found LDL and the rest is history!  :D  It is staying history, too!  Those pounds are gone for good and were lost so easily. 

Congratulations with the 25 lbs.  Can't wait to see the official posting on the 8th :D!  It is amazing how easy this is and how non-martyrish I feel.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Nov 4th, 2009

Got up at 7:30 AM, Taking my friend to her treatment today, and then she wants to do a little window shopping. I'm game.

Breakfast: (9:30) Few grapes, 1-Fuji apple, 1- banana and 1 grapefruit.

Lunch:(4:00) a few grapes while I was cooking Suzie's black bean soup, and Ron's awesome chili, then ate a little bowl of Ron's chili when it got hot, then let it finish cooking in my crockpot while, I made the black bean soup. ( Sorry Ron but you chili is not near as good as my sisters o2bthin chili)  Sandra I need your chili recipe

Dinner: (10:00) Grapes, 1-banana, and a bowl of popcorn

Will be up late working on my cross stitch baby bibs, and other projects, will be about 1:30 or 2:00 before ready for bed.

Until tomorrow
Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs