Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by LINDA RN »

Jencita,
You are not eating enough for lunch.
Lunch should be your really heavy meal with protein.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jennie, You need to be eating more.  Don't let yourelf get hungry.  If you want fruit and veggies, eat them.  The more I ate LDL foods, the more I lost.  You have lost well. Like you, I shopped in my closet for 6 months.  I lost my 60# without feeling deprived.  I have eaten more good foods the last year than ever before. The next time the Ohio LDLunchers get together, we hope you will be with us.  It was a whole lot of fun.  :thumbsup: JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for advice Linda and Joyful Friend. I knew I would have trouble eating a big lunch today. My hummus expired so I ended up putting polander apricot jam on the corn thins.  It is really hard for me to eat a heavy protein meal at lunch when I am at work. For diinner instead of the popcorn, I am going to have refried beans with an egg on top.  I did not eat much today but havent felt hungry either. Yesterday I overate so it is probably a good idea if I don't eat too much.  I plan on going off the plan on Saturday and I pray I don't gain weight.  I do want to make the next Ohio luncheon - maybe by then I can lose a lot more weight! Thanks for all your support
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I want to try to do very well today since I know I will be going off tomorrow. I have to go to a dinner fundraiser at the Renaissance Hotel - it is very formal with cocktails, dinner, dancing.  This is a once in a lifetime event for my husband and myself so I want to have a drink and eat. In order for me to stay on any eating plan, I need the flexibility to go off on those once in a lifetime treats. I plan on going right back on Sunday. Does anyone have experience with going off one day and going right back on. Do you usually gain tons. I know I gained 2 pounds the one time I ate a big piece of banana cream pe.
I am going shopping and hope to buy butternut squash so I can try the soup.
Breakfast: 2 eggs, refried beans
I can't really plan ahead for lunch or dinner since I will be on the road but I will add it later.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I went to a workshop yesterday at OU (Oklahoma U) School of Nursing with 3 other nurses. They were ordering lunch if you wanted (some kind of tortilla wraps with tortilla chips and a pop for 10.00! They mentioned Chick-Fil-A was next door so I passed and went to chick-fil-a and got a grilled chicken salad with a low fat vinegrette berry dressing (for 5.50!). Then I got to explain LDL to the other nurses. They had a hard time wrapping their mind around the concept that I am not tempted by wheat and sugar-laden snacks. When I have to eat out, I try to just get a grilled chicken salad. I would rather do that than wonder what the other added ingredients are in the other stuff. You can do the same when you eat out. Most places are aware that more people are health concious and offer more fresh fruit. Pig out on the fruit. Eat the pie filling if you must and leave the crust. When you can, ask for extra serving of veggies in place of potatoes and just don't eat the rolls or bread. If you can't do it tomorrow, know that eventually you will be able to. Eat the smallest amount of non-LDL food as you have to to stop the cravings. The cravings will go away and the weight will come off. Alot of the immediate gain you may have after an outing like this is fluid retention for the bad carbs you may indulge in. It will come off in a few days after jumping back on board. Be sure to take lots of pictures tomorrw. It will make a nice before picture. Save th gown to put on every few months and watch it get bigger on you as you get smaller! When you get to goal you can take another picture of yourself in it!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

jencita wrote:I want to try to do very well today since I know I will be going off tomorrow. I have to go to a dinner fundraiser at the Renaissance Hotel - it is very formal with I_am_a_BAD_Spammertails, dinner, dancing.  This is a once in a lifetime event for my husband and myself so I want to have a drink and eat. In order for me to stay on any eating plan, I need the flexibility to go off on those once in a lifetime treats. I plan on going right back on Sunday. Does anyone have experience with going off one day and going right back on. Do you usually gain tons. I know I gained 2 pounds the one time I ate a big piece of banana cream pe.
I am going shopping and hope to buy butternut squash so I can try the soup.
Breakfast: 2 eggs, refried beans
I can't really plan ahead for lunch or dinner since I will be on the road but I will add it later.

This is day 45 for me and I have allowed (note allowed) myself to have anything I want 1 time each week.  Each and every time I have, I go up 1 pound.  I only have the 1 thing and I do not feel very good afterwards and it messes with my system the next day.  I am to the point that I do not want to eat non-LDL foods and I am a baker, imagine that, no don't imagine that.  I am down 11 pounds and this is with me eating (and I do mean eating all and lots of the LDL foods) and being hypothyroid.  I have always suffered and I do mean suffered whenever I have "dieted" in the past.  This should be called "Eat to lose the weight diet" as I do not like being hungry and actually will get physically sick if I do not eat enough.  I have to eat and eat even when I am not hungry so I do not feel or get sick. I eat before I leave the house and especially if other foods (non-LDL) will be wherever I am going and this really helps.  I also take fresh fruit and veggies with me if I will be away for several hours. I am an emotional eater and the best thing about this is I can have LDL foods. Yeah me!  I am waiting to post my story of how this has worked for me when I have more results as I am working with a crazy thyroid condition that keeps changing my medicine almost every 2 weeks, high blood pressure (which is under control now) and blood sugar problems.  I absolutely Love this woe. I also appreciate and thank you and all of the posters on this forum as you do not know how much you help others out there looking to see what to do or help them in some way to have a better quality of life.  Keep up the good woe and best wishes. God bless.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

WOW,
Welcome mylifeforhim and congratulations for being so successful on LDL. Thank you also for posting what you did to help make the transition. If allowing yourself one no-no is what will keep you going, then that is what is so great about this WOE and the message boards. This WOE is so flexable and the boards so helpful and now you have found along with many others that the foods you used to think were so good no longer tastes the same and they sure make you feel awful. You have to experience it to "get it." That is why so many cannot understand why we are no longer tempted by the junk foods. Keep posting because everyone who finds success in this is such an inspiration to others!
Linda

mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

LINDA RN wrote:WOW,
Welcome mylifeforhim and congratulations for being so successful on LDL. Thank you also for posting what you did to help make the transition. If allowing yourself one no-no is what will keep you going, then that is what is so great about this WOE and the message boards. This WOE is so flexable and the boards so helpful and now you have found along with many others that the foods you used to think were so good no longer tastes the same and they sure make you feel awful. You have to experience it to "get it." That is why so many cannot understand why we are no longer tempted by the junk foods. Keep posting because everyone who finds success in this is such an inspiration to others!

I thank you Linda!  You and others (too many to list) has really helped me.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I try to read the forum every chance I get and that has really helped me with ideas and given me inspiration.  When dieting in the past, it didn't help to tell me I can't have something as I will want things to eat that I normally would not even desire.  Although I can say that really hasn't been very much of a problem for me with this new way of eating. When I allow myself to get hungry then I have to make sure I make the right choices for me and the key is to eat lots of LDL foods.  I keep a journal and record my food every day, not only to stay on this woe but to make wiser, healthier choices.  Although, weight loss is important, health, feeling well and being able to live and enjoy every day is of far greater importance.  Please, don't anyone beat yourself up for eating something.  It was a choice you made at the moment and you will change as you go along.  Life is too short and sometimes is very difficult.  Enjoy every single moment of life and with this WOE you will be able to enjoy life more fully. This reply is sent with love and hugs.  I cannot thank God enough for bringing me here and bringing me back to life.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Linda and mylifeforhim.
I can relate so much to your conversations. To me this is a miracle diet. I never did hunger well. I tried weight watchers so many times and I literally was starving all the time.  I am not hungry on this plan and I have no cravings.  Unfortunately I still have a desire to eat tomorrow. I think this may stem from the fact that my husband only go out a handful of times a year and its free! I may end up going there and sticking to mostly LDL foods but I just don't know . . . Linda, I love your idea about the dress. I did post a before picture that was taken on my last birthday where I was at my heaviest. I might use this picture as a during picture, even though I have only been on for 5 weeks, but I have lost 12 pounds.  I will keep the dress and hopefully watch it get smaller and smaller.  I have to admit that my outlook on life has been much more positive. I feel very supported on these boards and also want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!
For lunch today I was only able to grab some strawberries and a banana smoothie. For dinner I plan on having a chicken salad. I am so excited I am going to make the butternut squash soup tonight. I have never eaten squash before.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jennie,
Since you have never eaten squash, the butternut squash is very much like a sweet potato only maybe not quite so sweet. It is a developed taste. My mother used to fix acorn squash for us in the winter but the taste and consistency was so different, I ate it but it was not my favorite. Now that I know all the healthy benefits of squash, I can learn to love it and eat it much more often.
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 22nd, 2010, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Linda,
It will be interesting to see what I think.  It sounds so good. I can eat sweet potatoes but they are not my favorite. I'll let you know what I think.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Well yesterday I did bad.
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: an amazing fajita burrita at Don Tequilas and approx 6 - 10 tortilla chips with salsa
Dinner: 4 gin and tonics, fried spinach appetizer, salad, dinner roll with butter, salmon, chicken with basil sauce,  vegetables, garlic potatoes, chocolate mousse.

I did not weigh myself this morning. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so will see the damage. I was tempted today but stayed on track
breakfast: none (wasn't hungry - probably still full from day before)
lunch: 2 eggs, refried beans
dinner: apple, salad with chicken, 2 pieces beef tips, LDL ice cream

I am very hungry right now - might still have some popcorn
I have not taken prilosec in 3 days but regretted it last night - severe heart burn but mylanta helped
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sometimes when I have eaten stuff I need to stay out of I grab for the bottle of Berry Flavored Tums that have been around here for over a year.
Most of the time, I reach for the chewable acidopyllis and it takes care of the heartburn.

When I am getting bloated or "yeasty" I take stonger probiotic tablets
Linda

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the tip Linda. Well I still lost 2 pounds for the week even with going off for one day.  Did well yesterday
Breakfast: banana, refried beans, 2 eggs
lunch: bean soup with pumpkin and turkey, apple, carrots
dinner: fruit smoothie, popcorn

Today
Breakfast: banana, refried beans, eggbeaters
lunch: apple, banana, carrots
dinner: meeting up with friends at Austin's steak house. Hopefully I can just have a big salad

I try to stay away from the artificial sweetners but some of the recipes call for it. I have no idea where to find stevia. Does anyone know anything about nuva?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You can start with Truvia (available at Wal-Mart). It is a slightly more processed Stevia with maybe a better taste. Most of the Stevia is found in Health Food Stores. Someone on the boards mentioned finding a brand called Stevia in the Raw. Have not seen it in my area of Oklahoma yet, but would be willing to try it when it is availabel since I used Sugar in the Raw when transitioning off white sugar before LDL.
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 29th, 2010, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Stevia in the raw is now at Walmart in our area.  I still have Truvia left so haven't tried it yet.  I am told there is a sugar in the raw also but it is from the sugar cane so it would not be LDL friendly
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Would Truvia be better than Splenda?
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

yes Truvia is much better for you then Splenda
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

doing okay today
Breakfast: 2 eggs over refried beans
lunch: 2 big bowls of chili with meat, applesauce
Dinner: nothing yet. not hungry but want to eat something I shouldn't. I feel emotional today and whenever I feel emotional it is not about hunger or cravings, it is about just wanting to eat. Hopefully if I get hungry I will just have an apple.