Lulu65's journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Lulu65's journal

Post by LINDA RN »

Got excited about hockey in the 90's when the Dallas Stars were on a roll.
Kinda lost interest when they faded.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

witheraway1 wrote:Thanks Lulu, For the info, now I am smarter.   :laughing:

:laughing: how old are the grandchildren wither?  and Cameron are you a Mom or a grandma yet? or am I the only old fogie on here?
Guess that happens Linda .. They were out of Texas  I assume?  Texas is not really a Hockey State probably why it faded...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The Texas team (Dallas Stars) were originally a Minniapolis team (I think).
They still play but not getting into any championships lately.  :thumbdown:
No, Louise, you are not the only Fogie here. I have 3 grandkids.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, hope you are feeling well today.

Yes,I have 3 grandchildren, 8/13/16, all boys. I have 1 daughter.

San Jose is done, but barely, we were lucky.  My grandson, the 16 year old says if we lose to Boston, he will not mind, says he really likes that team, and I respect his opinions.

So we will see now, will the finals be between Vancouver and Boston or Tampa?  Hopefully Boston!

Don Cherry!!!! I do not even know what to say about that guy.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lulu, my oldest grandchild is 23. I got married at 16. Been married all my life but to a wondreful man, and a great provider. I never had to work, I was a stay at home mom. I work now, but no kids at home just my dogs, they are so sweet. my little white one does not know she is a dog. When I sit in my chair in the bedroom she will jump on the food of the bed and take her paw and gently tap me on the shoulder to let me know she is there, so cute. And when I was so sick she stayed in the bed by my side everyday. Pets are so great. Do you have pets?
Last edited by witheraway1 on May 25th, 2011, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Time sure flies when you are busy with medical stuff (chemo and severe side affects).... Now I am on rice and banana diet.. suggested by oncologist..white bread very little dairy.. white pasta little fruit..

Wither.. your doggies sound darlings,,  have a cat about 16 lbs a calico... very demanding but pretty good as long as her food is topped up.. even though she might have enough for another meal she wants it topped up every night.. :laughing:  I used to have old English sheepdogs.. My favorite dog as they just have this silly joyful personality..
Seems like you had a great marriage.. That is great to have been a stay at home Mom..and to be so young and enjoy a 23 year old granddaughter..

Cameron:  well hockey is going well.. nail biting game the first one was.. much like the last series with Habs to a degree.. I have no been watching much..
I have been following the Casey Anthony trial.. I like those kind of things.. I sure hope she does not get off..This was a little girl who was almost 3 who was supposed killed by her own mother.. and the mother has told some extreme lies.. (this is in Florida)
not much to write chemo yesterday.. weak but hanging in..  Your grandchildren are getting up there too.. My kids started late having babies me thinks..

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend..
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I was glad to see you posted tody Lulu, have been thinking about you and hoping that you are doing well.

The second game just concluded, 2 down, 2 to go!!!! We just might get that cup.I am beginning to believe it really is within reach!

I watch the Anthony trial whenever I can too. I believe she is guilty. Such a tragic story.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Cameron:  I think Vancouver played well last night and Boston seemed sloppy and not as assertive /aggressive as I have seen them in past games.... I went to bed after the third.... It was late enough for me..  I think Vancouver have a very good chance of the cup.. it would be nice I totally agree..
Have a great Sunday!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, they say you are never in trouble until you lose a game at home! So far Boston has not lost one at home. We will see what happens on Wednesday!

This city is going crazy wth excitement!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You Ladies keep us updated. I am not into Hockey but I love your excitement!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I think we Canadians are a bit crazy about our hockey and it definitely is a Canadian sport... I cannot watch overtime as I get too excited and start talking to them on the ice..lol... and then  cannot sleep..  :laughing:  also true about not losing game at home i agree.. we shall see... Vancouver is sure partying hard.. lol
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, we lost today in Boston / 8-1 for heavens sake!

that's ok, wednesday will be a different story hopefully.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Is Vancouver still in the running afer loosing to Boston? I see Canada lost Carrie Underwoods hubby to TENN. Don't know if he was a good player or not.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wither, it is a series of 7 games, the first team to reach win 4, is the Stanley Cup winner, as all other teams have been eliminated. So far 3 games have been played, and we have won 2. The next game is on Wednesday.

Carrie Underwoods husband, Mike Fisher is Canadian and plays for Nashville. Not sure how long he has played for them.  Vancouver won the series against Nashville a few weeks ago. So at this point only Boston and Vancouver are left.

Mike did pretty well for himself marrying her, she is gorgeous!

Lulu, hope you don't mind our yakking in your journal. How are you feeling?
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Yak away friends,  no I do not mind at all. :laughing:. I am sleeping a lot.. most of my days are spent that way.. after chemo for 5 or 6 days..
Got to admit I am a bit upset that Horton got hurt so badly he is out for the final games.. This part of hockey I do not like... Had two boys that played hockey too.... those games were lots of fun and full of excitement.
Next game is tomorrow evening..  We are having a heat wave here tomorrow over 30 C
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Mike Fisher just got transfered to TENN NOT LONG AGO. It made her very happy. Now they have to figure out how to share the closet as she has lots of clothes. She told him they could just buy a new house. Well, I guess she earned it. Thanks LULU FOR SHARING YOUR JOURNAL.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wither, you are right, he has only been with Nashville since february, I had thought it was longer. Prior to that he played for Ottawa.

I suppose they can afford to buy any house that their hearts desire!!!

Guess we will both be watching that game tomorrow Lulu!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Well, for a girl coming from a town with only one stop light and it was the kind that hung over the street ,she has done well for herself.
I won't be watching but let me know who wins and what it means for the play offs.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

well girls, now Vancouver has won 2 and Boston has won 2. I hope my team smartens up and fast!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

YEAH  FOR  VANCOUVER!