Lulu65's journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
lulu65

Re: Lulu65's journal

Post by lulu65 »

4 games down tied 2 2... I think it will take 7th game to determine the winner of the prized Stanley Cup... Some comments are best kept to myself.. so will leave it at that.. :laughing:
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

actually, of course I prefer that Vancouver wins, but these are both worthy teams. we will soon see!

It may very well take the 7th Lulu, you are probably right. If vancouver does not win at home tomorrow, that will really make it tough.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I can feel your excitment. It's like the time we thought San Diego was going to the superbowl. The whole town was CRAZY. And they did but lost to San FRAN.  We went to Vegas that year to bet on the game. My husband lost on the game, I won it back playing craps!    :laughing:  That was a few years ago.  FUN FUN
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

This town has gone crazy wither, honestly, i don't know if there is a town that supports its hockey team the same way Vancouver does.  You probably could not buy a ticket for less than $1000.00 at the moment.

Game 5 has just started, and there are thousands and thousands of people downtown watching at various places

Lulu if there is a game 7, maybe we could meet in Winnipeg to watch it!!!!!!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Cameron:  Another nail biter for sure...    Montreal comes close as far as fans go but it was unreal to watch how many people were in the streets etc..I  am still saying 7 games.. They are very closely matched..  Wish I could meet you in Winnipeg to watch the game.. :(  health issues prevent it.. 
Horton is a big loss to the Bruins right now also not sure about the player for Vancouver that got the suspension.. Was he a key player?  I have a sister in law who lives in Vancouver.. My plans was to go out there this spring and meet up with another friend patns then to meet up with another gal I know out there not too too far from patns although more in the country... God willing next spring.....
Have a great weekend ladies!.. 
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Jumping in to say that my husband, Ron, is a big Bruins fan.  His daughter has played ice hockey since she was 3 years old.  She skated on a men's team when she attended the University of Tennessee and also coached a high school boys team there.  She continues to skate each winter on a men's team since moving back to her/our hometown of Gilford, NH.  Ron's son was also on ice hockey teams from an early age but his love of scuba diving took precedence over hockey.  He is now a Navy diver stationed in Hawaii.

We watched the nail biter 5th game last night too and because the Canucks won 1-0 they are ahead 3 games to 2.  The Bruins have to win game 6 to take it to 7 games.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

CAMERON AND LULU, HOPE YOUR TEAMS WIN, KEEP US UPDATED.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Vicky.. the Bruins will win game 6... fingers crossed  I am pretty sure.. I love NH where are you near.. I go to the outlets in North
Conway etc on my way to Maine etc..  I do like Boston I guess part of it has to do with Bobby Orr etc.. Kudos to your daughter for playing ice hockey.and coaching a boy's team... Must be quite a lady .it is quite popular in QC.. Congrats to your hubby's son also.. Nice to see our kids doing well and interesting things especially things they enjoy doing..
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

So much excitement here, reminds me of the 2010 Olympics.  My grandson went down town last night and said it was incredible.  He was able to watch the game at an outdoor venue. No thousand $ tickets for us!

I also think Boston will win game 6.  then game 7, who knows, but we will have home ice advantage!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

How's the games going girls? Are you still in the running?
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Game 6 just finished a few minutes ago. We lost so now  Boston has won 3, and Vancouver has won 3. Wednesday the game is here and that will settle it. 

Last time we were in this situation was 1994, we lost to the Islanders, and there were riots in the streets here. This time the cops will be prepared!

Vancouverites do not usually riot!!, but we are very passionate about our hockey!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I can see that! Well, good luck on game 7
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

it is being played in Vancouver.. so Vancouver should win.. but I think both have to use their heads hit hard but clean etc...
not much else to write about... nice weather treatment again on Friday and that drags me down for 5 days  not much energy..
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- How many more treatments do you have scheduled?  Are you still on such a restricted eating regime?  Hugs-Pam
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Pam  *hug*  I am having my third on Friday then one on 30th then a Ct scan and then will know how many more..  Thanks for asking.. Restricted eating regime.. bananas and rice and Imodium, little chicken pure Whey Isolate protein powder with applesauce... boy it is hard especially when veggies are almost at their peak and so delicious in summer..Was taking probiotics was told to stop them..  Fruit also cannot have many.. applesauce, right now I have had to cut out all other fruit except that and bananas..
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sounds bland and boring.  Is it working?  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Pam
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

to be honest not really all that well!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

what exactly is the purpose of this diet lulu?? i mean what is the benefit of it for you?

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I think the doctors are recommending what they can to try to improve the diarrhea situation LuLu has been dealing with for a long time.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

HI jsprik:  I have had moderate to heavy diarrhea since I finished my last 12 treatments of chemo in 2010 now I am on chemo again this chemo has the severe side affect of diarrhea... Doc is trying to prove that this diet will fix it, she explained since I had a good part of my large intestine has been removed that something to do with the way the intestines work it is going right though me .. My patient designated RN does not think this diet is really the answer..neither do I... so after all that short answer to try and repair some of the damage surgery/chemo has done ..does any of this make sense   trust me it is salad season tomato season soon her etc and good fruit and I cannot have any..but I think isn't it always when  we really cannot have something we really want it  :D

thanks Linda I was hoping you would pop in and hell out..  :)