Lulu65's journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Lulu65's journal

Post by witheraway1 »

Lulu, Yes when we can't have it that is when we want it.  :laughing:  Hope you are feeling better! 

How did the game go?
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

ohhhhhh....sounds like a real nightmare....what kind of cancer are you treating?

will keep you in my prayers...hope you are feeling better soon love...

blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Jo:  Colon cancer that they removed a good part of large intestine and then it spread to the lungs so it is metastasized.. meaning it spreads all over..Incurable and inoperable.. but I take it one day at a time.
Game was awesome  Boston won.. They played a really great game..  I am a bit disappointed with the riots and vandalism in Vancouver though.. and I am sure Cameron is disappointed as her team did not win..
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

LuLu, just picked up your thread again.  I will be praying for you,  *hug*JF
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thank you Jo and JF for the prayers    *hug*
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

*love* *hug* and prayers, JF
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, I have been thinking about you. How are you feeling?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Just checking in to see how you are....
patns

Post by patns »

Just noticed Louise hasn't been here for a while (I haven't been either :sad:). I just wanted everyone to know that she has had very good results with her latest round of cancer treatments and is travelling a bit and enjoying having much more energy.

Pat
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Pat- Look at how well you are doing.  Good to hear from you.  Lulu's news is so wonderful.  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Nice to hear from you Pat, great job your weight loss. We are very glad that Lulu is doing well.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

It is time I updated my journal here...I am not doing LDL just because of some issues I have but I do think it is a good way of eating healthy healthy. I may do it half way but over the winter have put on weight so am going to have to lose some of it.
Today I went for my check up at Doc.. I had another CT scan and the good news is I do not need more chemo right now... I had a few nodules on my lungs and the chemo had killed them all except one. .which has grown slightly in over 6 mths but doc feels not enough to warrant chemo.. so have three more mths. before another Ct scan and will go from there..
I have been on a two week Caribbean cruise, visiting St Thomas, St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua and St Marten. I spend some time in the fall in New Hampshire and will keep doing things however I think since the cancer is not wining it is time for me to get serious about weight loss. 
I have very fatty liver.. Not sure what I can do about that..but my liver is functioning well enough.
Just wanted to update everyone.

Thanks Pat for digging this up from the bottom..:) 
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hey, Lulu, it's good to hear from you again. I am glad to hear that you had such a nice trip, and do not have to have more treatments, at least for now.

How is your hockey team doing?
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Hi Lulu, I am new here; but, I wanted to stop in just say "hello, welcome back"!  :rose:
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Was listening to Dr. Becker this morning doing a show on gluten and he stated some statistics showing that gluten sensitivity responsible for non-alcoholic cirrhosis and other liver problems and diarrhea. Another program stated that probiotics and milk thistle can improve liver damage. Some of his discussions are available on You Tube (search Your Health, Dr. Richard Becker) I know you have been taking these, just an encouragement to keep on keeping on. You are a determined fighter and I believe you will overcome. Keep up the D3 also and for sure the LDL WOE will boost your health.

Glad to have you back and nice to hear you are enjoying your travels.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thanks for the warm welcome backs and yes Linda I am keeping up with the D3 and Milk Thistle just may have to up it a bit..I am always conservative just to be on he safe side.. I also have a bunch of gall stones that have been there for over 25 years but every now and again I get a rumbling from them which I have to be careful as not to have an attack... I was doing slippery elm too but cannot do that because it has a tendency to possible reduce the strength of prescription meds.. so must be careful with it...
Cameron:  Ha ha.. .what a silly question coming from you. :laughing:. They are not doing so good.. If I am not mistaken they are out of the play offs or do they still have a chance.. I really don't care but my kids miss them for sure..
Hi Sharolyn.  Welcome to LDL.. Am sue you will enjoy the nice folks here and the wonderful way of eating..
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lulu, I really don't know how they are doing!! I will ask my grandson who has every statistic committed to memory.

Vancouver is doing well again, but things can change quickly. I thought Boston had won a game against us a few days ago, but maybe it was Buffalo!!!

Have a great day!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great News and so good to hear from you, Lulu!  I am so pleased that you are doing some fun things. Pam
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

LULU!! Glad you are not needing chemo for a while  :thumbsup:

Hugs and Prayers
Jo *love*

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Thanks for the warm welcome, lulu! I am glad you're not needing chemo for a while, too. This time last year, my younger sister was going thru chemo, followed by radiation. Even tho she lost her hair, the radiation was the worst of the two.  :sad:  Chemo just took longer. I hope you're having a great day and that I see more of you here.
Shari