Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Post by tprouty »

Congratulations on your anniversary!!  :thumbsup:  :rose:  :rose:  *hug*

How many is this?

You're doing so wonderfully well! Congratulations, also, on your LDL success. I've been too busy to be online much lately, but saw your conversation about the skinny new clothes and all that! Way to go!

Love, Terri
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mrsj,

I also missed seeing your anniversary date.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ON DECEMBER 4TH.  This is my step-sons birthday.  He turned 28 and is a Navy Diver stationed in Hawaii at the Pearl Harbor base.  Ironic that you went to a Hawaiian restaurant!!  I too love salsa with my eggs and refried beans.

Thanks for The Blind Side movie review and the heads up about the tissue -- I cry easily when I see or hear something that touches my heart.

V.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Mrs J - my fellow Julia  *hug*

I wish you an belated oh so happy Anniversary. And may the year ahead be filled with love, good health and laughter. It seems like you have so many things to celebrate lately - how perfectly wonderful!

Julie :rose:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Obviously it's been forever since I have been here.  It took longer than usual for me to find my journal.  Lol, my eyes couldn't even see, at first, the link for "member food journal".  Sorry I have been mia.  2010 was a very different year...starting off with health problems, my mom, who is fine now......experiencing the strange business of buying a home on short sale & then moving, daughter getting married, trip to Guam and 4 trips North, just to name the tip of the iceberg.
I have noticed it's health issues for someone in my family that can sidetrack me the most from getting online.

As for my LDL eating....definitely not perfect.  I am back up around 10 lbs because I have not been strictly LDL.  Having said that, I wonder if the only reason I haven't gained more than 10 lbs in over a year is because LDL recipes are so good they continued in my menu rotations and some LDL habits remained with me longer too.

Now I want to get back to my goal and I like doing that with my LDL family......in fact, need to do it with you.
So, you are not rid of me.  ;D
I'm back! (Learning all over again how to post too!)
mrsj
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Back!
Great to see you posting agin.
Hope to hear more from you!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

MrsJ- You will be back at goal very soon and back on track eating the healthiest way available.  I hope your life has settled into a less hectic routine.  You did an amazing job staying so close to your goal given the stress you have had in the last year.  Glad you are climbing back on board and look forward to hearing more from you.  Pam
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Thanks for the welcome back Linda!  I will do my best not to get sidetracked like that again!  After all, it is a lot of fun here.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Pam, I like that you said I will be back at goal.  Very encouraging!
As for hectic, last January we had 2 mothers living with us a few months.  This year, only one mother.  My mother is not in the habit of coming every year like my mother-in-law does.  So it is a little less hectic.  Gotta love the moms!!
Anyway I'm glad to be back on the train with you again!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Thanks again Mary!  I love seeing you again!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Mrsj, the boards are getting a little livelier.  So great to hear from old( not age) friends.  :thumbsup:  JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, Mrs. J!  I was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago.  So good to see you back.  Missed you!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow JF!!!  You are stunning in your new picture!!!  I love it!!! 
You continue to do great with LDL!  Way to go girl!!!  :thumbsup:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Awww Rhonda!  Really?  You were thinking of me?  Those vibes must have helped me get back to posting because I sure have been wanting and needing to get back on this train with you all.  Thanks for the welcome back.  It's sooooo good to "see" you again too! 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, MrsJ.  You helped me a lot with choices in clothes.  I like the new sizing.  1 and 2. :laughing: :laughing:  I may be the oldest in numbers on the boards, other than Roger.  I love my age and LDL.  God has blessed me so much.  Just at work last night, a lady told me she had lost 50# and was starting the next 50#.  I did LDL talk at her church.  She said it's something I can live with the rest of her life.  That's the way I feel about it.  I like to enjoy a whole lot of food, so it has been easy for me with all the great recipes from the book and boards.  Most of them are not too expensive.  The amazing thing, it saves money, because I cook at home without eating out so very much.  For what a meal costs out for DH and me, I can cook for a whole family--11.  We enjoy eating out when we choose to, but usually I have many leftovers that are LDL.  So happy you're back.  :thumbsup:  :)  JF
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Joyful Friend wrote:Thanks, MrsJ.  You helped me a lot with choices in clothes.  I like the new sizing.  1 and 2. :laughing: :laughing:  I may be the oldest in numbers on the boards....

:D Sizes 1 and 2! I know, right?  Who knew?
I don't know about you being the oldest, other than Roger, but I do know this profile picture says otherwise.
There's no doubt healthy eating/LDL and reaching the right size for our bodies IS the fountain of youth.
Kudos JF on paying it forward.  It must have been so rewarding to have had a part in that lady's successful 50# loss.
:rose:
mrsj 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

You're right!!!  I love talking about LDL, and then seeing people who take to it as I have.  My nephew has done it, but he tells me that sweets are hard to leave alone.  He said he and his wife split a smoothie.  I told him to drink two glasses of smoothie instead of splitting.  He can't grasp if hungry EAT, EAT.  I think I must have eaten more than most since I had no desire to munch out of LDL foods.  A couple days when I wasn't hungry for breakfast, I did not eat, but then I became too hungry.  If I had not eaten a piece of fruit, I would have failed. So, then I made sure I ate even if I didn't feel hungry.  Of the evening, I may not eat---only when hungry.  It's so amazing how LDL works.  :thumbsup:  JF
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

JF, that was good advice to your nephew!  It's such a wonderful part of LDL to eat when you're hungry......but wait there's more (sounding like an infomercial  ;D)......you also get to eat until full!!!.......which is obviously what you have done JF.

That's interesting about making sure you eat even if you're not hungry.  It does make more sense to do that at the start of your day rather than the end of your day as you are doing.
There had been times I thought I was full only to find out an hour later that I was hungry.  At those times I, of course, ate LDL foods again but It made me look harder at whether I was really full or not.  Either way my answer was to eat more!  :)
mrsj
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

That is so true, "Eat until full." :) :thumbsup:  JF
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow!  It took me forever to get a recent photo on here. :bomb: I'm not back in the swing of things yet for posting on here.  Unfortunately because this took me so long I don't have the time to catch up on posts.....but I'll be back.
I've got to get myself on the caboose of this train and quit letting myself get sidetracked!
I'm missing everybody!
:rose:
mrsj