Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mrsj
Master Member

Re: Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Post by mrsj »

I thoroughly enjoyed this get together.  I am so impressed with how "techie" Pam and Gwen are and what givers they are as well.  Dear Gwen surprised us with some gifts and of course this meeting wouldn't have happend without Pam orchestrating it.  I appreciate how supportive the guys were too. 

I didn't realize until just now that when I click on to a picture it becomes larger!
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

barrypaxton wrote:OMGoodness, Pam has lost even more weight since I saw her in October!!! You guys all look great!! I miss Gwen on the message boards!!

Ollie

I can certainly believe Pam has lost weight since October.  She's been doing so good and it's hard to believe she still has 40 lbs to lose (is that right Pam?) because she looks great now.
I know you are not alone on missing Gwen on these boards.

Congratulations Ollie on your last doctor's report!  Between your great statistics and the doc telling you not to lose any more weight, you must be feeling great as well as looking great!  :thumbsup: 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I was just trying to figure out how you got small pics in the message.
Mine come out way too large
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- Thank you so much for meeting with us.  It was so wonderful to meet with you and Gwen.  I didn't want the afternoon to end.  Thanks for taking and publishing the pictures.  I have only lost 4 or 5 pounds, Ollie, since last fall.  It's so slow now, but the alternative is gaining weight!  I'm patient and have no deadline for joining you in Goalsville.  You look wonderful.  I'll join you eventually.  When I arrived at my sister's, she gave me a pair of size 14 jeans- and they fit great.So, it's obvious that the inches are leaving faster than the pounds.  I have no complaints!
I hope others in various parts of the country will make the effort to have local get-togethers.  It's so much fun to meet other members and get to know them on another level.  I think Gwen and Julie are great women.  Terry and my husband kept themselves busy for 3 hours getting to know each other while the three of us "girls" talked and shared non-stop.  It was wonderful!!!  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on February 25th, 2011, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You guys look great, and loved seeing Gwen. Miss her.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

LINDA RN wrote:I was just trying to figure out how you got small pics in the message.
Mine come out way too large

Linda, I download my pictures to photobucket.com and they have a link I copy which lets me share a smaller picture.  They show many different ways to share a picture but I use the link next to "IMG thumb".
You may have to search around the site to find it.  I accidentally hit a button that now keeps this link under all my pictures.  Ha!  Not all accidents are bad!  :rolleyes:
Hope this helps!
mrsj
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for sharing Julie.
I have not used photobucket, but did notice it.
Most of my pics are on Facebook. I will have to look at the tumb version. I think it may be a bit too small.
Photobucket may be just the place to keep food pics!
Linda

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Mrs J, I just noticed the photos now. Thank you so much for posting them. You must have had such a wonderful time. Wish I could have been there.

ck
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Hi cameron!  Glad you found the pictures.  I did wonder if I should have put them in the Gallery but before I could decide which part of the Gallery to put them in,
I decided it would be faster for me to just put it in my journal.  I've got it down pat on how to post pics here (she said).
You are right, it was a wonderful time.  Wish you could have been there too.  It might have been a little warmer weather for you too!
Anyway aren't we grateful to have this message board to at least meet here!
God bless,
mrsj

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks MrsJ for the great pictures and updating us. Everyone looks great.  These message boards are great for sharing with others. Thanks again!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

MrsJ, I just got my jacket from Chico's.  They found my size in the store at San Destin, Fla.  It's a new spring green and size 1  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I had tried it on in the Huntington, WVa store.  I waited until 50% off and went on line--all sold out, but then I called and they located one there.  What a good buy and good fit.  Now to get new white slacks.  Thanks again for telling me about your fondness of Chico's.  Also, I now need to get more technology minded.  I can use my computer for so much, but not in posting pictures.  I need to have LindaRN to give me some computer classes.  Wonder if I could get to OK.!!!  Believe me, I have had classes, but I know only enough to get by.  I had to put all my stats on computer and I also wrote my grants for Drug Free Schools on it.  It's a wonderful piece of equipment.  My kids and grandkids are good, but when we're together, we have fun, and I don't need to burden them down.  I'm going to fix our big lunch---We are having sea scallops.  I may have a sweet potato with them.  DH will probably want french fries for himself.    My leg is doing well---had my veins lazered last week and the diseased veins were  removed.  Three more times.  The doc said I would not be sorry.  I wasn't put out--just numbed like  when tooth work  is done.  I walk only for 1/2 hour each day.  That's hard, because I like to exercise an hour.    I just had another friend order the book, and another one is going to.  I met them at exercise.  There are so many LDL success stories in our town. I should have called myself Rambling Rose.  :laughing: :laughing: I like to read the boards.  *love* them.  LDL has changed my lifestyle.  :thumbsup:JF
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wither I'm so glad you found the pictures too!  It was my pleasure to share them.
mrsj
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I saw the pictures on another thread and commented on them.  It is great to meet others who share in LDL.  We  sort of know exactly how each feels.  Pam, size 14 is great.  My inches came off faster than the weight.  A year ago, we met the lovely people in SA which really had an impact on me.  Then in Ohio in October.  Wonderful people.  I hope to meet a whole bunch of new ones, but hope all the others are there.  Just seeing Ollie always gives me a lift.  Country Girl doesn't lose fast, but agrees with Pam that it is better than gaining.  *love* you guys.  JF
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

JF!  You may need computer classes but you could give classes on how to hunt down the bargain you're after!!  I'm impressed you got the jacket you wanted at the price you wanted when you found it sold out online.  That is so awesome!  :thumbsup:
I'm glad your leg is doing well.  I didn't know you were going through that.  You're going to have it done 3 more times?  Interesting that you compare it to being numbed when tooth work is done.  The doc sounds reassuring and I wish you well.
Sweet potato?  Nice!!  If potatoes are approved, and it's sounding promising, I am definitely having that although I am happy the butternut squash fills that need for now.  I'm waiting before I eat them as I haven't lost pounds but I am seeing a slight difference so I guess my body is rearranging itself.
Kudos JF on helping others find LDL!  You're a good friend!
*hug*
mrsj

Saw you just posted about the pics.  Glad you found them too.  I look forward to seeing pictures of all LDL get togethers and I just hope I get to be in some of those pics in Nov.  I can't plan definitely at this time but I wait to see what God has in store. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

JF,
I am a terrible typist. Type with 2 fingers. Took personal typing in high school because they told me I would have to type my papers in nusing school.
I think I made a C in that class, it was back in the olden days of manual typewriters. My parents even bought me a manual portable typewriter at a yard sale to take to school with me. But after using more correcto tape than it was worth, it was cheaper for me to pay another student to type for me. So I want YEARS before every having to use one until I got involved in the late 80's teaching BLS and ACLS. One of the Nursing Secretarties would do my rosters, tests and study sheets for me on an old 386 computer using Windows 95. Then when she go busy, I decided to try my hand at it. When I discovered the back space key, I was sure computer came straight from heaven. I also am a big fan of icons and and mouse clicks! Well I finally broke down and bought one (using the excuse the kids needed it to do school work on). Since I knew nothing really about them, I got busy deleting those little know icons when the computer wouild fill up and get slow.
DO NO DELETE THOSE LITTLE GEAR ICONS THAT SAY DLL!!!!! So after spending hours on the phone to Gateway Tech support to get the computer up and running, I decided since our daught was so good at learning the computer on her own, we put her in adult ed night classes when she was high-school age. She loved it and went on to take the full-time course at the VoTech and got her certifications. But having a great techie in the house did not translate into trouble-free computer. She was always busy with school or work. So I decided to go to school myself. Just some adult education classes to lear how to completely tear down a computer and rebuild it. My life got busy and I guess I figured I learned what I needed for the time. I strongly encourage anyone who wants to learn to check out classes at your local VoTech school. I really had a blast. Most of the class was full of people like me with a few techie kids who had to take the beginner courses as a pre-requisite. They were kind enough to help the seniors in the class. Take a beginners Windows course to start. They can teach you all kinds of neat things that the Windows software can do. Then you can move on to Photoshop or some of the other more interesting software.

Talk about ramling Rose!.....
Oh, well, I would love to teach.
Someday I will have a computer lab and teach here in sunny Oklahoma (in between my LDL classes).
I keep dreaming.........
I am hoping someday to have the success you have had getting the whole community on LDL.
So far, I feel like the Lone Ranger (except for DH here and Clown Lady on the other side of the State).
Linda

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Linda,
Your story about computer classes remind me of the time Ron and I taught computer workshops for senior citizens in the community. The first workshop we gave was called "how do I turn this darn thing on?" and the second one was called "now that I've got it on, what do I do with it?" We showed them how to produce a word document, how to cut & paste and copy & paste, how to use the mouse to move around the screen, etc. Many of the folks had arthritis so bad that we had to modify how they held the mouse.

Those were fun time and are good memories.  :D

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

After I figured out your first 2 questions, my next question was, "What in the world is a Batch File?"  :shocked:
Linda

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Just got home yesterday from a trip to DE.  DH & I brought my Mom back to FL with us.  Our snowbird, DH's Mom, was just with us Jan 13, to May 3rd!
I've got to get back...again...to a much needed LDL focus.

I reached my goal in Nov, 2009.  Jan, 2010, my Mom, & DH's Mom came to stay with us in our 2 bedroom apt.
Before April, 2010 when we moved to our new home with the Moms, I could see my weight going up and up.  Obviously I let myself get sidetracked bigtime from LDL.
DH & I realized that since we have been in our new home, we have had only 3 full months where it was just the 2 of us.  That was Oct - Dec of 2010.
So this seems to be my downfall - not focusing on LDL while focusing on moms.  Who knew this would be hard!?
Now that I realize this is hard for me, hopefully I will figure out quicker how to be better at helping myself take care of myself with LDL.  I've got to!

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

LDL is absolutely the best WOE to keep those Moms healthier!
I wish I had known about LDL years ago.
I am sure I could have prevented my own mom's premature death.
(Premature meaning passing on at 79 rather than 120!)
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

MrsJ, I understand your situation.  All of our parents are deceased, but my I remember those days, but how we miss them.  It is hard to focus on yourself when caring for others, but when you think about it, you will have more energy and be more healthy.  I've missed you.  *love* and  *hug*  JF