Vickie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Sweet_Pea

Re: Vickie's Journal

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Vickie, thinking of you with nice warm temps as we are freezing our tails off here.  The winds have been blowing a lot and drives those cold temps right to the bone.  I have a hard time warming up after coming in.  I notice with this eating plan that I am chilled almost all the time even though we keep the temp around 70.  Guess that must be a good thing.

I'm happy your clothes are feeling looser, that is the great part of this journey.  I can't wait until I need to buy some new clothes.  What a great shopping day that will be. :D

Hope your week is going fantastic.  I appreciate the way you are so excited about your relationship with our Jesus.  That thrills my heart. 

*hug*Carrole
Vernswifevickie

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Oh my goodness! I need to be better about coming here and keeping up! Just look at all the wondeful visitors who've been here!

I'm on plan and doing well with it. the weather here, unlike most of the rest of the country, has been beautiful! I've been walking to work, listening to great bible teaching messages on my i-pod, and eating LDL....life is good!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Nice to see your post today Vickie,  and enjoy your wonderful weather because a lot of us are in the same situation. ha.

Glad everything is going well for you because I'm counting on you to stay on this train to skinnytown with me and know this will be a good year for all of us. 

Enjoy your I-pod and spiritual teaching, what a nice way to start a workday.  Have a good weekend.

hug, Carrole
Vernswifevickie

Ok..here I am. I've been screwing around...going on and off plan and feeling disgusted with myself....so today is the first day of a two week challenge I have challenged myself to....2 weeks of eating strictly on plan...no cheats, no excuses....that's my plan!

I'll be back later to post my menu but I wanted to get this posted.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hey vickie.............don't i know it.......going off plan tastes good going down but makes you feel so crummy afterwards...it's definitely better to be on than off...i think for me, today is day 3 of my 4th week on........i feel SO much better.......have a great day...........love,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Vernswifevickie

Hi Niki!!! You're doing great staying on plan! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

So far today:
2 mugs of coffee

smoothie made with blueberries, strawberries, mixed beans, and a splash of OJ

Lunch will be:
leftover rotisserie chicken breast
roasted veggies

Dinner will be:
some kind of soup made from butternut squash
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

my problem is always that ONE thing that comes along that tempts me.....then, my attitude is that if i WANT it, i should have it....i think i can handle it, and i can't.......it opens up the floodgates to those nasty cravings that i hate....
   you can do this, vickie...........and the LONGER you can go without going off, the better off you'll be...in the beginning, it's kind of easy because most people lose a nice amount of water weight.....but THEN, the work begins..........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Vernswifevickie

I know you girls are right. It's silly of me to think that I can go on and off and screw around and be successful...plus it just makes it harder and makes me mad at myself...and I'm tired of being mad at me! I picked a target of two weeks because it works better in my head. I know that after two weeks on plan I can (and will) do another two weeks and another and another...but right now I have to look at it in two week increments.

Today was good. I stayed on plan and I enjoyed it. I just finished a big bowl of butternut squash soup. I had some leftover spaghetti squash and I tossed it in the bowl fro "noodles" in my soup...one thing that LDL has done for me is to remind me of how much I love soup and how easy it is to make!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Vernswifevickie

Wednesday January 21, 2009

2 mugs coffee

blueberry/banana smoothie

walked 1 mile to work.

so far that's it :)
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

vICKI,

WAY TO GO!!!  WALKING TO WORK!  WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO START THE DAY.

PAT
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Vickie,

You GO GIRL, walking is so good!

I live 20 miles one way from my job - I'd have to leave as soon as I got home, to make it back to work in time tomorrow *woot*

Doreen
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Vickie - Can you help "needwife" put a picture on his/her profile?  I don't know how & Carolyn is so busy these days.  I have never been able to figure out how to add pics to my posts, either.  How to you do it?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I would be interested also in knowing how.  I hope to get someone to take a picture because I don't have any recent ones.  Then I have to wait for my son or son-in-law to come and put it on for me.  Wish I could do these things for myself.  Oh well, that is the way it is.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Vickie.  We have high winds and snow coming this weekend.  It was nice today.

Hug, Carrole
Vernswifevickie

Good morning...I'm short on time this morning. I'll come back later when I have some time and see what I can figure out about the picture thing. It seems like I had to have a certain number of posts before I could post a picture...if I remember right.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I think needwife has posted the requisite 10 times.  I know Carrole has!  I just don't know the magic to formatting the pictures so they can be posted on the boards.  I have seen pics you have posted of dishes you have prepared, so what is the secret?  I've tried to copy & paste, also tried copying & pasting the html code from the photo's properties, into a "flash" and alone, but with no luck.  Tried using the "insert image" button.  Just don't know what I'm doing.

Good job on walking to work, girl!  :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Ok...sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. The photo thing...just in case you haven't already gotten it figured out already! :)

In order to post photos in your posts you need to put them on a photo hosting site first. I use photobucket.com It's free, you just have to register and set up an account. I upload the photos I want to use to photobucket, resize them so that they aren't too large, (photobucket makes it really easy to do this) and once I have them the way I want them, I copy the image code from the list of codes and paste it into the body of the post. It's simple. There's no need to use the image icon or anything. Just copy the code marked "IMG Code" once you have it in photobucket and paste that code into the body of your post.

here's what the little menu looks like on photobucket. (There is one for each photo you save there.) You just copy the bottom code... The one titled "IMG code"

I hope that helps
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Thanks Vickie, 
I will have to try this after I get some pictures taken.

Hope you are ready for a great restful weekend.  I have a head cold so not feeling the best and it is cold with snow here so happy we can be inside where it is warm.

Our pastor said something that sticks in my head and maybe you would enjoy hearing it.  He  was teaching about standing before God.  He said he wanted to stand before God with sweat running down his face, dirt all over him and his clothes, his clothes torn, and have God say, "well done, thou good and faithful servant".  That has stayed in my mind.  What a wonderful way to see it.  Makes me want to work hard to be a faithful servant.  I know I have a long way to go.  I just thought that was so cool.  Sometimes I go home from church and can't remember what the message was about but love it when it hits me in the heart, and stays with me.

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I like that message, too. As much as I enjoy praise in this life, just image how it will sound coming from the Master!  OOOH.  Gives me chills. Definitely something to aspire to.  Thanks for sharing.

Vickie - I get it.  Now that you have said that, I remember the photos that I ALMOST got to post before (they were too large) I was copying from MySpace.  My kids set up that site & Photobucket for me, but they were SO confusing to use -- it was time consuming, frustrating, & made me feel too stupid to live.  Maybe I can try again now that I've had my hands back on the 'puter for a few more months.

[glow=red,2,300]THANKS[/glow]  *love* *love* *love*
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

VICKIE,  SURE HAVE BEEN MISSING YOU!!!!

I hope you are doing ok.  Come back when you can.

Hugs, Carrole