Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by LINDA RN »

I have had an abundace of fruit and no motivation to cook or even go out to get lunch. So I have been pigging out on apples, oranges, pears and some corn thins. At home, eating watermelon and cantelope. Weight is dropping and I honestly feel like I am getting full. Found out it takes ALOT of fruit to fill me up! But I am enjoying getting the 8 lbs I gained back off. Going to hang in there until I finally break into the 160's! I have never consistently ate LDL foods until I was so stuffed I could not eat anymore and that is why I think I stalled. It does feel good to feel satisfied but bear in mind you have to override your head telling you, awww you really don't think another piece of fruit will satisfy, do you? Or, you are eating so much food you will start gaining again!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

really linda?? ...cause in the back of mind i am still worried about all those calories ...i see it in black and white in the ldl book  and on the boards, that i don't have to worry about calories, but i just can't imagine that i don't have to worry about them...it goes against everything i "know" about weight loss...

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda, like I have said before watch eating too much fruit. You can be inviting yeast. You know that happened to me. Took me the better part of 6 mos with DRS HELP TO GET RID OF IT.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wjother,
I take probiotics on a semi-regular basis for about 6 years now. Yeast has not bothered me since.
There was a time I thought that eating alot of fruit was stalling me so I backed off.
But now with nothing else handy and alot of fruit to eat before it all goes bad, I am on a fruit feeding frenzy.
I can feel the lbs falling away!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

LINDA,  GOOD FOR YOU.  :thumbsup:
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Terri, my dad was the same way. He always made sure there was ice cream in the refridgerator. Thanks for the tips, I will try.
I really don't understand this probiotics and yeast talk. Wither, what kind of yeast problems did you have? Is probiotics was you find in yogurt?
Oh well going to a baby shower today. Hopefully I can stay away from the food.  Will have to journal what I eat later.  I am not going to journal yesterdays as I did awful :sideways:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jen,
Started a new thread to keep all the info on Probiotics in one place.
Will add to it as I run across articles
Linda

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I have to stop going off on the weekends!!  This is it! I did good yesterday
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
lunch: grapes, banana
dinner: banana, lentil soup
snack: popcorn
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Jencita, I got a bad yeast rash from eating too much fruit. It lasted about 6 mos. The pain from that caused me to get shingles. Saw several DRS before I finally got rid of it. Not enough probiotics in yogurt. To do any good you need to get good probiotics. I would not go without it.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Oh Wither how horrible! I still haven't gone shopping yet but I do plan on looking into probiotics.  I did good today.
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs, banana
lunch: peach, 2 cornthins with blueberry polander jelly
dinner: stirfry with chicken, banana
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Breakfast: banana, refried beans, eggs
lunch: salad
dinner:
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Stayed on track for the last two days exept for vanilla cone from McDonalds each day.  We have been taking the kids to McDs for their 50 cent cones and I can't seem to say no. I weighed this morning and did not gain thankfully.
Breakfast: refried beans eggs
lunch: chili
dinner: salad
Unfortunately I have no frit in the house, Yikes! Won't be able to go shopping until tomorrow.
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

lol, we served tater tots to the kids for lunch today and i thought i was gonna die from wanting one so badly, but i was good and didn't have any!!!  :thumbsup:

eventually you will get to that point too, where you can say no to the "bad stuff"...

blessings,
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Take about 20 or 30 more pounds off, Jo and then when you taste something like tater tots, they will taste like cardboard and rancid oil!
Last edited by LINDA RN on September 17th, 2011, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I have such poor will power but I continually try.
Good day, not very hungry.
Breakfast: omelet, refried beans, banana
lunch: not hungry yet and will hopefully not be hungry til later then I'll have a smoothie. Will try to resist the toppings off the pizza
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Jencita, you are almost 1/3 of the way there, just keep going :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning and Parmesan Cheese on a big bowl of popcorn and pretend you are eating pizza.
The processed meats used on Pizza are so unhealthy, but you could saute mushrooms, onions and bell peppers and shake a little Parmesan cheese on that. Get creative until the cravings are gone.....remember the wedding!
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Jencita, put a little note on the frig to remind you of the wedding and a picture of yourself when you weighted 135. Maybe that will help you resist temptation.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Hey Linda, I like your idea about making popcorn taste like pizza.  Maybe you could even use healthy pizza sauce and dip seasoned popcorn kernels into the sauce, like chips, and maybe that would kinda give it a sense of seeming like pizza with the popcorn as a substitute for the pizza crust.  Just a thought.  I think I might try it.  Jerrie :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes, I thought of using the sauce also for dipping. I have seen some people dip popcorn in Tabasco sauce
I think the smell of the pizza is what is so appealing so if you can get the smell with LDL acceptable ingredients, maybe it will satisfy till you don't desire it anymore.
Linda