Doreen's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Sweet_Pea

Re: Doreen's Journal

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Doreen,  what a blessing those quilts will be to that family.  I wish I could find more things like that to do for Christmas.  That makes Christmas so special.  I like to sew some but haven't made but 5 little quilted throws for family.  I need to be thinking about what I'm going to do this year as it will be here before we know it.

Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks, Carrole, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't use any talents God has given me, to bless others!   It is such a labor of love, and I am excited that I might even have time to make a simple one for the Mom and Dad, too!

Have a great evening,
Doreen
Last edited by Saved4Life on November 18th, 2008, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I really admire you for doing that.  You are very industrious and you DO make excellent use of your God-given talents.  My intentions are good, but they say those are only good for paving the road to .....  *evil*
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hey everybody,

Been a while since I've had time to pop in!  Went away for the weekend...it was fun, but now I am exhausted!

I stayed On Plan at least 99%!  There were only a couple of times I just had to make a choice that was the lesser of the evils!  I feel very good about the whole weekend...travelling is hard when it come to eating right *evil* We left Friday after work, and didn't head back home until Tuesday morning...and every minute was jammed full of running around, visiting, etc.  I am EXHAUSTED!!

I was so happy to have a smoothie for breakfast this morning!  I really missed them...have become addicted to them I think!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...I'll be catching up from last weekend and getting some LDL cooking done this weekend for the coming week!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Good Chilly Morning to y'all from Sunny Florida!

*love*  I am in a wonderful mood this morning...so great to be back in the groove, doing LDL from home...much easier, planned out, do my own cooking...GOD IS GOOD!

Yesterday...

B - Rasberry Smoothie

Snack - Coffee w/FF creamer

L - Homemade Chicken/Vegetable/Bean Soup..YUM

Snack - Dry Roasted Soy Nuts (Found some over the weekend, where shopping is unlimited!)

D - Eggbeater scrambled eggs w/sauted peppers & onion  (HELP - This is OK, right?  I seriously need to read the book again!)

Snack - Popcorn

Hope to do as good today!  BLESSINGS TO ALL WHO READ THIS POST!  *love*
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Saved4Life wrote:D - Eggbeater scrambled eggs w/sauted peppers & onion  (HELP - This is OK, right?  I seriously need to read the book again!)

You asked I presume if eating a light protein like eggs was ok...YES if that's what you want to eat it's FINE!!!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

GREETINGS FELLOW LDLers,

I am pround to announce that on my weigh day this month (last MONDAY of the month), my total weight loss since starting LDL on Sept. 22nd is........22 pounds Hey, how abou that - started on the 22nd and lost 22 at the 2 month milestone  :thumbsup:

I think 2 is now officially my Lucky Number!

11/24/08

B - Grapes

L - Salad with Turkey

Snack - Apple

D - Popcorn

Snack - Grapes

PRAYING THAT WE ALL HAVE THE STRENGTH AND DETERMINATION TO STAY LDL THIS WEEKEND!!

Love to all,
Doreen
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Congratulations!
:rose: :thumbsup: *woot*
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Doreen....WHERE ARE YOUR BEANS?!?!? :shocked: You need to look into more starchy carbs  to keep those bread type cravings away!! (at least from what you posted for today anyway!!) Just making sure we keep you losing away *hug*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

11/25/08

B - Grapes

L - chicken breast tenders, cooked in crock pot with SF Salsa, onion, and refried beans on top...added corn and pinto BEANS to my serving!!

Snack - Banana

D - Butternut Squash soup

Snack - Popcorn
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

SO PROUD TO POST THIS...

THANKSGIVING DAY:

B -  BANANA, GRAPES

L - TURKEY, TINY SLICE OF HAM, GREEN BEANS, CORN, COLE SLAW (ALL "JUICE" TOTALLY DRAINED), CROWDER PEAS (HAD NEVER HEARD OF THESE BEFORE), ONE DEVILED EGG (PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE PASSED THOSE UP)....

"DESSERT" -  LDL CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE...WHICH I BROUGHT

D - COLESLAW, CROWDER PEAS, OLIVES, ANOTHER DEVILED EGG...COULDN'T HELP MYSELF

NOW...THINGS I REFUSED TO EAT...

DRESSING
GRAVY
SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE
MASHED POTATOES
"FRUIT PIZZA"  CHERRY PIE FILLING, CREAMCHEESE, BROWN SUGAR...ON A "PIZZA" CRUST
DUTCH APPLE PIE
REAL PUMPKIN PIE

....JUST TO NAME A FEW...!!!
Last edited by Saved4Life on December 2nd, 2008, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Congratulations, Doreen.  I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't as good as you were, but I'm right back on LDL today and doing fine.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thank you Pat, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be...while those other things looked sooo GOOD *evil* I passed them up easier because I just don't have those cravings any more AS LONG AS I STAY TRUE TO LDL *love*

That said, I am PROUD OF ME regardless!!

My tough time is still at work in the afternoon...like right now...when a pack of peanuts or some chips from the machine would "taste" so good....but I know that one minute on the lips, is forgotten when it settles on the hips!

Have a great day!
Doreen
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

12-1-08

B - Grapes

Snack - coffee w/FF Creamer

L - Turkey Breast, FF broth from cooking my turkey, northeren beans, corn, peas

D - Butternut squash soup

Snack - Popcorn
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Way to GO Doreen!  YAY!  Bragging on you.  Also bragging on myself, I guess.  Reading what you had (and DIDN'T have) on Thanksgiving, my day was practically identical to yours.  Substitute black japonica rice for the crowder peas and add LDL broccoli casserole, and my menu (and nonmenu) was about the same as yours.  I had about the same things at the Church dinner the previous week.  That's where I had the deviled eggs & ham.

But we didn't go elsewhere for dinner.  I cooked it all for the family (not really ALL - I cheated & got their side dishes from a grocery store dinner box).  I confess to licking my fingers a few times, but NO SPOONS!  My plate was SO FULL of LDL acceptable foods, I had to sit there and gloat over it a minute after giving thanks.  Then I dived in face first and never looked back. 

No guilt, all glory!  Thanks to His Name!

Love, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

12/02/08

B - Banana

Snack - coffee w/FF creamer

L - Turkey, northern beans, turkey broth, corn, sauteed onion

Snack - grapes

D - Cooked black beans I had soaking all day with FF chicken broth and some seasonings, and had a small dish when they were done.

Snack - Popcorn

STAYING LDL IS SO EASY - IF I STAY ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

12/4/08

B - Fruit Smoothie

Snack: Banana

L - Turkey, corn, black beans, chopped raw onion on top

S-  Popcorn

D - Scrambled Eggs, w/mushrooms, onion, garlic, black olives, a dash of chili powder & garlic salt.

Snack - Apple
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Oh my gosh, I knew it has been a while since I've been on the boards, but not THAT long!

I'm still around...just busy..I'll get back to posting soon.

Merry CHRISTmas to all who read this!

Doreen
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thank the Good Lord, today is a new day.  I'm back on the LDL path...been straying a bit the past few days.  I am struggling with the cravings, and surprised how strong they are, after just slight bits of "no no's"...    For me, I have learned that it takes very little straying to bring on the old cravings.

Had sweet news - youngest son & wife having their first baby this summer, and sad news my boss' husband passed away Christmas Eve.  I went to the funeral on Friday... Emotions are all over the map and off the charts. :'(

I have eaten a lot today...LDL foods...and still have cravings...but instead of reaching for something else, filling a bowl with the bean salad I made this morning and have it ready when I need it.  Going to the grocery store tomorrow...after a BIG SMOOTHIE...to get more LDL foods in the house.

I am off work until Jan 5th, and I will keep very, very busy.  Making curtains for my living room, a quilt for Steve (in Iraq) with pictures of the kids, and work on a quilt I started months ago, and layer a quilt top that is finished and get it ready for hand quilting!  And maybe clean a closet or two!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Doreen
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

THIS IS A NEW DAY, THE LORD HAS GIVEN US, AND I SHALL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!

Having said that, yesterday was a GOOD LDL day for me...

B - Banana, coffee w/FF creamer

snack - banana #2

L - Roger Burger, Pinto Beans & Corn

snack - handful of red grapes

D - Large bowl popcorn

snack - grapes
Last edited by Saved4Life on January 6th, 2009, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.