Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yeah, Linda!  You're on a roll *hug* ;) :inlove: :rose:!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Back on March 25th you said, "I have to admit being somewhat envious of Crickadoodle and her LDL class at her church. Wished I could do something to impact others lives with LDL. "  As I read your posts since then, it seems God is using you in the unique way He designed you to be used!  I love that about Him.  You expressed a desire to help others become healthier with LDL, and look how you are cooking lunch for your co-workers!  Cool! You are impacting lives with LDL.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thank you, thank you, for all the support and encouragement. Last night I ate a whole good-sized cantelope all by myself. DH did not like it. I admit it was not as tasty as some I have bought and certainly nothing compared to the ones we grow, but being the habitual plate-cleaner and not wanting to waste (remember all the starving kids in China and Africa!), I polished off the whole thing. I did not weigh yesterday because I as retaining alot of water (4+ pitting edema in my calves). Well after that melon, I had to get up to the bathroom 3 times last night. WhooHoo another pound gone. I am now 2 pounds to Onederland and I am so excited. For anyone starting new and being discouraged with slow or no weight loss, the pay-off does come eventually. I virtually had no weight loss for the first 5 months on the plan. I never was pure LDL especially through the holidays but I knew this would work so I continually worked this WOE into a new lifestyle and I am now beginning to feel the excitement. It does not matter how long the plateau or stall lasts, the alternative is a huge weight gain if you chuck it altogether. Stay with it and sooner than later you will be like Crickadoodle and be below goal!

I am going to use the turbo this weekend and experiment with roasting veggies. Also bought some wild-caught fish and salmon to experiment with. Oh yes, have garlic to roast too.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Tried roasting some raw beets in the turbo. Still have to work with time and temperatures. Weren't done enough so turned them over and cooked some more. Thicker slices tasted better. DH thought he might like them better boiled, so I boiled the rest. They were good also but found the ones I roasted were sweeter. Definitely will try more roasted veggies until I get it right. Tried Salmon steaks, but they were dry. Did not have all the ingredients for the Parsley-Garlic Roasted Salmon. Will try it again next time with the sauce.

OMG, I DID IT THIS MORNING! I am in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!
It is awful to think looking at the scales still 75lbs overweight can look good, but it does to me because I know now that this time it is gone forever!
Last edited by LINDA RN on April 5th, 2010, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Congratulations Linda!  Woo Hoo!  I am very happy for you!!!!! 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I re-weighed when I got to work and even on medical scales (which typically weigh more) and clothes, I was at 198 and that is a total of 28lbs down! WhooHoo, pot of beans in the crock pot at work for lunch.
Linda

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thats great Linda...can wait to join you in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!  Still have 27 lbs to go....looks like I am having another month with a 1 lb weight loss or maybe gain this time, will know on the 8th.....But I do know one of these days I will be there too.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thanks for encouragements concerning the crock pot and soups!  :rose:

I can hardly believe this way of eating! I am so amazed that I have lost weight and so thankful!  :happy:

Also congratulations on your weight loss!  :rose:

Again, Thanks for being a blessing ..... and I love how you have been sharing LDL soup recipes at work! Inspirational!  :rose:
Love in Jesus,
Bethann  :)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- Onederland :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:!  Congratulations :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It was such a struggle for 5 months and no significant weight loss. Hang in there Deborah, it will happen for you too and you will be dancin a jig like I am today. They are enjoying my bean soup but they are beginning to take me a little more seriously now that the weight loss is really starting to show.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Went to Golden Corral today after church. DH has been having problems with food hanging in the esophagus. He does well on the soups and beans but has trouble with the meat at times. I believe it is a sliding hiatal hernia because it is trapped air in the stopmach that will not let the food down. Once he gets it up (the air that is) he eats OK. Anyway in one of the newsletters I get either from David Williams or Dr. Mercola, they showed how to do some maneuvers to force the stomach back down----DH does not want surgery. That helped tremendously, but he received his healing last week when there was a word spoken on the 700 Club. So today he was REALLY hungry and wanted to eat. He had a slight problem with the steak but did manage to eat some and did eat several platefulls of lots of other foods and a big plate of deserts. I stayed with LDL I even surprised myself when he asked if I would get him some desert and he wanted chocolate. I filled a dinner plate for him and he had 2 small bowls of ice cream also. I went back for more fruit and was not even tempted by the deserts. I think the weekly weigh-in helped. If I were only weighing once a month, I would feel tempted to cheat since there would be such a long time to try to get it off. What I did eat off plan was about 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese, about 5 pieces fried okra and about 5 fried shrimp. That is amazing for me. Everying else I ate was on plan except I think the steak was not sirloin. After son fixed my car AC, DH wanted to stop at Carl Jr's. He got a fish sandwhich and I did not get anything. I was still full. I am going to enjoy half a watermelon and some popcorn tonight and hope I still lost in the morning. It is warm and sunny here. A beautiful day. I feel for our daughter suffering under the horrendous rains in Ft. Campbell, KY. She said her back yard it a lake and the kids are stir-crazy from being cooped up.
Linda

Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I watch the 700 club also infact that is where I heard about LDL.  Have you been on LDL very long?  This is the second time I have tried it, first time I tried it, this time I'm doing it. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Started first of November after DH saw RTW on the 700 Club. Holidays messed me up. I caved to sweets but not as bad as I would have before LDL. Got serious in January but stayed on a plateau until March when I finally started loosing. Had to give in to only eating fruit and/or popcorn for supper. That is what finally broke the plateau. I am a slow looser but I am OK with that. Just not gaining is such a relief. And the inches are getting smaller.
Linda

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I can sure relate!  :rose:
*hug*
Bethann
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I watched RTW on the 700 club also.  Bought the book and looked up the web site.  I tried LDL for a few days and then went back to counting calories because I was afraid I would gain on LDL without counting ever morsel that went into my mouth.  And I continued to have my late night binging.  That is why I have now decided to not try LDL but just do it.  Like a surrender to the plan.  So far I am doing okay.

It sounds like it is working well for you.  Have your cravings left and also binging has stopped?  Have you been able to lose any yet?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes the binging is gone but I still seem to eat frequently during the day. Stress eating? but as long as it is fresh fruit or other LDL foods I have not gained more than a pound or two and then drop back. I am maintaining in Onderland and that is so refreshing. Seemed I stayed over 200 forever. Have not been this low since PhenPhen even though I still have 70 something lbs to discard. I know with this WOE I will keep it off. Still having fluid retention issues that hopefully will subside soon. Watermelon helps so trying to eat it more often
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, yesterday we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary by going to the doctor. DH has been off his Blood Pressure meds for 2 months and even using a regular adult BP cuff (he used to have to have the extra large cuff which will make the reading somewhat lower), his blood pressure was perfectly normal. The doctor was so surprised seeing the weight loss over the past year. The drop in the last 3 months was noticable. She also noticed my weight loss which has not been as dramatic as his, but still she was able to see a significant difference. Which lead her to ask how we were doing it. Of course I had my red book in hand and gave it to her. She said she will be home this weekend and plans to read it. I really would like to see more physician offices offering this plan to patients. I have offered to be a resource. Hope she calls. By the way, his labs done 3 months ago, were all perfectly normal.
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 27th, 2010, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Congrats on your 36th Anniversary.  Celebrate with a piece of passion fruit.  *love*
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

HAPPY BELATED 36TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY  :rose: . The best anniversary gift you both gave each other is GOOD HEALTH, GOOD LDL FOOD, AND GOOD TIMES.  Congratulations to your husbnad for achieving normal blood pressure and weight loss.  I didn't know he was eating this way along with you.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes, quite to my surprise, DH is an LDL'er too. He is the one who saw the 700 Club end of October and told me about it. He has always loved beans so that perked his interest. But he has always been a big bread eater. Had to have cornbread, or biscuits, white bread, or crackers with every meal. After the interview he was convinced he needed to do without because of the processing. He still has some cornbread occasionally but now that he has made it to Onederland he wants to get to goal weight quickly and is watching what he eats even more. That is why I can honestly say this WOE is doable. If he can do it, anyone can.
Linda