EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
GEM
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by GEM »

And that's what you call "vacation"?  After reading through your AAA Trip Ticket, who has the energy to yell?  You had a good time, you're home safe and sound; you're back on the boards...I'm going to bed.  Say "goodnight," Gracie!  (That was a welcome home gimme, NJ.  Blow that one and there'll be no more for you, young lady!)

:kissed:
GEM

:kissed:
GEM
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

welcome home enjae, I wouldn't have wanted to make that trip, (o wait have done several similar multi state treks, don't want to do it again)  glad you got home safe and sound, albeit I'd bet very tired.  rest up you deserve it.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

;D
Thanks.

I really was worried about offending someone who lived along my route.... I appreciate the grace offered here.
Now I only have 3 more states to go to. (My goal is 50 states in 50 years)
And I will be flying to them. No more rushed car trips.
Thus far in my life I have set my foot down in the dirt or sand or mud of every state except Alaska, Hawaii, and Maine.
(When I was a kid we were traveling and we were about 10 minutes from the state-line of Maine when my mother got mad about something and made my father turn around and head back to the hotel...  *grrr* )
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I keep getting on here to post something and then spend 3 hours reading posts, instead!  :laughing:
My memory's shot so I cannot begin to write in all I have eaten since I last posted any food...
I'll start with today.

12 July 2009

Before Breakfast:
Prilosec and water

Breakfast:
coffee, grapefruit, apple, apricot, grapes, water, Neurontin, Sudafed, Iron supplement

Lunch;
baked chicken, pinto beans, baked whole onion, Diet Dr. Pepper, vitamins

During the Afternoon:
water

Supper:
Not very hungry
Ate CornThins and drank water, took Neurontin

Bedtime:
Took Maalox
Last edited by EnJae on July 12th, 2009, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

HI!  Two questions:  Do you stop & put your foot onto the ground when you're just passing through, or does it count that you were in the car that passed that way?  Second, -- you went from Abilene to South Dakota by way of Missouri & Iowa -- why?

I know what you mean about getting sidetracked.  I came online at 8:30 to get Quita's Caldo recipe & I'm still here. 

Loves, Gwennie
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
bethp

Post by bethp »

EnJae wrote:I keep getting on here to post something and then spend 3 hours reading posts, instead!  :laughing:

Enjae, It's nice to know I'm not the only one!!!  :D

I had to make myself stop going to the computer the first thing in the mornings before work.  :sideways: This is much more fun than work! But ya'll don't pay me to do this!!! Darn!

We'd all be rich!!! wouldn't we? But come to think of it, we, myself especially, come away with so much more than $$$ so we are rich in so many blessings from God and our LDL friends. :rose:

Have a great day,
Beth
ps I am going to go do some of those things I need to do today!!!  :tongue:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Gwennaford wrote:HI!  Two questions:  Do you stop & put your foot onto the ground when you're just passing through, or does it count that you were in the car that passed that way?  Second, -- you went from Abilene to South Dakota by way of Missouri & Iowa -- why?

1) Doesn't count if I only drive through. I have stopped and walked around a bit in every state I have gone through.
2) The 7 states I was marking on my map this trip were Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. We combined this with a trip to Paola, Kansas to visit my sister-in-law's step-son and family.
So, from Paola, KS, it looked best to follow the interstates from Missouri to Iowa to get to Minnesota and Wisconsin. Then we cut straight across Minnesota to get to North Dakota and then straight down through South Dakota and Nebraska on our way back to Kansas to get back with my brother and sister-in-law.

I'd already been to Oklahoma and Missouri before.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

and I thought I had travelled a lot.  glad this time the only trip I'm on is the skinnytown trip
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

NJ...cool that you have been to so many states!  I have been to a lot of them also, lost count and would have to sit with a map and figure it out.  But, you definitely have me beat.  When I travel by car across out country I just feel so blessed to live here!  What is your favorite state?  Where did you go in Ohio, the state where I live?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi Enjae!

Just thought I would stop in and say hello.  I feel like I have been completely lame about stopping in on my "friend's" posts, while all of you have been so kind as to comment on mine.  I hope you are doing well and wondering if you ever got your oxygen socks!

Take care.

Tiss
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Depending what part of Missouri you came thru you are always welcome at my home .  I live west of St louis about 1 hour.  Glad you made it safe and sound and I love the idea of every State.

Have a great week.

Barb
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Kathie;

My favorite state has always been Texas, where I started out. (Born in San Angelo, TX; moved to New Jersey when I was barely 8, but already deeply indoctrinated in Texas history and stories... Returned to Texas when I was 21.)

I honestly couldn't tell you where I went in Ohio. I would have been 12 or 13 years old. We lived in Ft Wayne, Indiana at the time. I went to Camp Indogan (INDiana, Ohio, MichiGAN) That may have been in Ohio.

My parents made sure we hit every state east of Wisconsin and Texas between 1969 and 1982. (Except for Maine! LOL)
I've done all the ones west of that at my own instigation.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks Barb!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I have never heard of that camp.  That is wonderful that your parents thought it important to take you traveling.  It sounds like you have lived all over too.  I have lived in Ohio, the same county, my whole life.  I have been to lots of other places, but Ohio is my favorite state!  ;)
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Vacation: July 2-8

July 9-20 Had trouble catching up to myself after my whirlwind trip the first part of this month.

On the 21st I woke up with all the symptoms of a heart attack except for the sweating. Because I wasn't sweating I tried to talk myself into calming down. No luck. After 1 1/2 hours of pain I texted my brother and foster-dad for help. They got me to the ER and sat with me while the doc ruled out my heart ("You have a really good heart!" lol); checked for a possible blood clot in my lungs (nope, that was clear); gave me a muscle-relaxer to see if it was muscle spasms (no relief) and finally checked the enzymes for hints of a heart attack again (nope, still good!)

He finally narrowed it down to Chosto-Chondritis. I have an inflammation in the cartilage between my ribs and my sternum.
Possibly caused by an injury (don't remember one) or by a virus several weeks back and then the antibodies to the virus gathered in my cartilage...

I was off work a week but didn't get online much because I felt like I was having a heart attack for most of that week.... As my foster-dad says, "It'll quit hurtin' when the pain goes away". My doctor couldn't work me in the same day as the ER visit so I saw him on the 23rd. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory and basically told me it'll hurt for a couple of weeks. ("...until the pain goes away." lol)

Tomorrow I start back to work doing light duty, no lifting or pushing... I haven't even been able to carry my own purse for a week...  :)

Also, today I had an allergy test done.

Here's what I usually eat (ate) for breakfast:
orange, apple, banana, and if I'm still hungry a couple of eggs. Very rarely I might even take a swallow of milk.
Of those items, the orange is the only one I am NOT allergic to.

No more melon. No shellfish (I already knew I was allergic to them).
No more hard or soft cheeses, but that's no problem.  Not LDL-compliant anyway.
Wheat was listed too, But again, no problem there.
And I am allergic to my cat but not my dogs.
Allergic to weeds and trees.
And to molds... (guess I can't make any ceramic do-dads.... oh, not that kind of mold....)

Also  on the list of things I am allergic to: two of my favorite teas. I can still drink regular black tea and I can enjoy jasmine tea; but no more chamomile or mint teas...

[Added the next day]
A few things I forgot:
--I am also allergic to lettuce  (!!&&!!)
--and apparently all seafood, not just shellfish... (I'll have to ask about that because how do I get Omega 3's? And should I stop taking my fish oil supplement?
--and I am allergic to corn (which would include popcorn and CornThins)
--and to mushrooms

I posted my journal for today, so I was able to find stuff to eat. And, even though there was not much variety, I ate a LOT of the items I did choose.
Last edited by EnJae on July 29th, 2009, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Oh my NJ....what a scare!  :shock:  I am so glad you are ok, even if it is hard to wait for the pain to go away.  Its tough to have to deal with all those allergies too.  Did you suspect that?  Be careful as you get back to work.  Do you still need anyone to carry your purse?  *evil*
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

:laughing:
Kathie;
I have figured out a way to carry everything essential in the pockets of my work shorts. But, hey, if you'd be willing to carry my billion dollars around for me, I'll let you...  ;D

Yes, since I was an infant doctors have told my mother, and later me, that the congestion, fussiness, constant colds were probably allergy related. but until now no one could talk me into being tested. I am 'emotionally-allergic' to needles.
But within the last year I have figured out a way to donate platelets every two weeks. I get in the chair and put a lap quilt over my head. The apheresis tech does whatever she has to do with my arm and a needle then she covers it up and I uncover my head. 90 minutes later I cover my head again and she disconnects me from the machine and gives me a t-shirt and some juice for being a good girl... (She would also give me cookies and chocolate if I would take them.) As long as I can't see the needle I don't start crying.
(One of my best-friends and mentors died last year. She needed platelets almost weekly, I learned then about apheresis. I began donating as a memorial to my friend.)
So when my doctor suggested allergy testing this time I realized that me and my trusty, quilted 'head-cover' could handle all those nasty needles together.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I will have to tell that trick to my daughter!  She has needle phobia too.  I can't figure hers out because she was not bothered by shots as a kid.  Anyway, she is almost 30 years old and the last time she had to have a flu shot, she had to take me with her to hold her hand, lol.  Next time, I will tell her to take her blankie!  Good for you to figure out a way to handle it by yourself!  :thumbsup: 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

28 July 2009

Upon Waking:
Prilosec and water
(ENT doc is testing his theory that I have reflux... I don't think I do.)

Before Breakfast:
1 cup of coffee (for migraine prevention)

Breakfast:
orange and strawberries, water,
PseudoEphedrine (for post nasal drainage), Neurontin (for leg spasms and pain), Meloxicam (sp?; for chosto-chondritis), Pulmicort (for asthma)

Lunch:
green beans, water
multi-vitamin, iron pill. fiber pills, fish oil

Supper:
filet mignon, grilled zucchini and onions, chicken broth, jasmine tea, water
Pseudoephedrine, Neurontin, Meloxicam, Pulmicort

Bedtime:
Mylanta
(also for testing the reflux theory)
Last edited by EnJae on July 28th, 2009, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

turkkm wrote:I will have to tell that trick to my daughter!  She has needle phobia too.  I can't figure hers out because she was not bothered by shots as a kid.  Anyway, she is almost 30 years old and the last time she had to have a flu shot, she had to take me with her to hold her hand, lol.  Next time, I will tell her to take her blankie!  Good for you to figure out a way to handle it by yourself!  :thumbsup: 

I always DID take my mom to hold my hand; until her Alzheimer's got too bad. She died three years ago.