Bethann journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Bethann
Master Member

Re: Bethann journal

Post by Bethann »

Thanks Jo! Your a Sweetie!

Hugs  *hug* and prayers to you too (and I hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!)

Beth(Ann)
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

My Mother has been diagnosed with an aneurysm on the blood vessel of her chest. It is slowly leaking. This means her life will be shortened. It could be any time, a few days, weeks or a month but the time will be shortened. If it starts to leak faster or bursts then of course her life would be taken very quickly.

We have had the Pastor and Elders over for prayer and anointing with oil. We do realize though that the greatest healing can happen in heaven so we pray for God's will for her.

She has been a wonderful Mother (and wife) and has strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ so she is ready. She desires to see first Jesus and then her husband Bruce and then family. Then sit around and talk about it. Next she says she wants to be near Jesus and learn from him.

We pray for God's will for her. Healing here on this earth or in heaven.

Please pray for her and also for us as we would like to be able to have the strength for her to die at home. We are becoming weary but will get extra help in if we need to.
Last edited by Bethann on June 19th, 2011, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

*love* and  *hug*
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Bethann,  *love*  *hug*  and prayers for God's will. JF
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Bethann - your mother sounds like a wonderful person.  I'm praying for her, as well as you and your family.  Jerrie :)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bethann- Is there  possibility of surgery to prolong your mother's life, or is it truly time for her to move on?    Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on June 20th, 2011, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you Pam for your concern and for the question.

The Doctor did give her the option of surgery but because of her age and that it is in the chest it is high risk. She has chosen not to have the surgery. The very odd time it has healed itself but now she is getting weaker.

She had a another aneurysm 2 years ago on the major blood vessel but in the abdomen area. It is not an easy surgery and this one is more difficult being in the chest. We understand her for not wanting to have the surgery at her age of 83.

We pray for God will for her and healing here or in heaven whatever God deems as best.

We thank God for our dear Mother who is also very blind.
We feel for her. This is not easy but hopefully will not last long and she will be in heaven or healed here on earth.

Thanks again!
Love Beth(Ann)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Amen!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

An amazing answer to prayer!
The Doctor said that my Mother should have died already so she ordered new tests.

We heard from the Dr. yesterday and the tests did come back that the leak has healed. This happens only in the very odd times. We thank the Lord for this! So thankful we can have her here on earth for a longer time. God still has things for my Mother to do here.

She is doing well but more tired and seems more forgetful and disoriented .... we are hoping that as we withdraw the strong pain medication that she will be able to be more independent.
We are working on getting more help and hope to be able to continue to keep her at home.

We realize she still has the aneurysm and that will likely take her life at some point.....

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

God is so Good!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Thanks for sharing the good news! I will continue to pray for your mom!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you!

My Mother is weak and still has more pain then we think she should have. So we have increased the pain medication a bit again.
She is busy at night so some one has to be with her all the time. I am praying and looking for help at night. I am thankful a dear friend did the night for me last night and will this night as well.
A difficult time but also we see God providing and his mercy and grace through it all!

Thinking of you all!

Love Beth(Ann)
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

I hope you are able to get some rest tonight and can find someone to do the night shift. Please take care of yourself!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Lord, we thank you for completing the healing that was begun in her.
Thank you for restoring her to health so that she can continue to live a vibrant life.
Linda

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you for praying for my Mom!!! We are thankful that God has ordained that she live longer on this earth. It is amazing and quite unexpected! God still has things he wants my Mom to do.

Through the experience unfortunately I lost my momentum for pursuing good health but I am on my way again.... 20lbs. heavier but I know I will loose it! I am thankful for all that I have learned through LDL.
We have help for my Mom in place now so I should be able to work more on myself once again.
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

good to hear your mom is going to be getting the help she needs...and you will be, too, bethann!!

hope to "see" you around more....

blessings,
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thanks Jo!
I was really discouraged and overwhelmed by the fact that I had gained weight through this crisis with my Mom. Concerning my own health, I didn't have the best attitude about food when she was sick. We thought she would die any time so I just poured myself into her and the situation and just ate mindlessly whatever people made or brought over and I ate for comfort as well. I lived on coffee and kept going with its help. I often didn't feel well I was so tired. My thought was that Mom would be soon going to Heaven and I would have lots of time to put into my own recovery.
Difficult to admit to failure!
Well, I have forgiven myself and God has forgiven me as well and I am eating better again.

An article from Womans World has inspired me ....reminds me of LDL. A Doctor has written a book concerning the fact that if you cut wheat from your Diet you will loose weight! No surprise to us here at LDL but it was an interesting article! :-)

Blessings, :rose:
Love Beth(Ann)
Last edited by Bethann on September 6th, 2011, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bethann- It is not possible to give the kind of loving, 24 hour a day care that you gave your mom while giving yourself all the care you need.  One is inevitably put on the back burner.  Now, it is time to take care of you.  There are two kinds of people, those who eat to reduce stress and those who can't eat during stressful times.  We know which we are and just have to accept this.  Now it's time to re-embrace the principles of LDL that you know will get you back on track.  I'm glad you have forgiven yourself.  It's just a bump in the road.  Pam
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Wise words and compassionate! Thank you Pam!  :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Life happens, Bethann, and we all know that LDL is a lifestyle and certainly is not "convenient."
You did what you had to do and that was spend time with your mom rather than spend time cooking.
That is OK, and it is also OK that you learned you just don't feel well when you give in and eat the junk again.
In a perfect world, generous people would share healthy things to eat instead of momma's favorite whatever comfort food.
But I am glad you are out of the "this could be the last...." mode and you can get on with life...with your Mom! PTL! :angel:
Your mom will benefit also from what you are able to fix for her from the bountiful LDL recipes.
Welcome Back, we missed you!
Linda