Doreen's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Doreen's Journal

Post by patsyfay »

Back on track, Doreen.  Good for you.  Those little "cheats" are not worth it.  In the first place, they're only a mouthful instead of a plateful and in the second place they create the same havoc in our bodies that the plateful does.  So why bother?  Hang in there!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks, Pat.  I agree.  After all, the stuff that becomes "cheats"  *scyth*  ... the taste actually only lasts mere seconds, because once the food leaves the taste buds and goes down the hatch...there is no taste in the esophogas (sp?) on it's way to be digested or stored (fat)...so why bother for just a few seconds that you can actually taste it??

One moment on the lips...then, a long time on the hips!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

01/08/08

B - Smoothie

L -  Chef Salad, w/FF Ranch on the side (while evacuated from the courthouse)

Snack - Raisins, Apple

D - POPCORN
Last edited by Saved4Life on January 13th, 2009, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

01/11/08

Breakfast - 2 eggs

snack - banana

Lunch - chili

snack - apple

Dinner - popcorn
Last edited by Saved4Life on January 13th, 2009, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

01/12/09

Breakfast - 2 eggs, fruit smoothie

Snack - banana

Lunch - chili w/corn

snack - apple

Dinner - Popcorn, spaghetti squash w/EVOO and Salt & Pepper, LDL Baked Beans

I learned from the past couple of days, that the eggs seem to make me want to eat again before lunch... :wrong:
So...I think I am going to stay away from eggs in the morning except for weekends when I can have breakfast at the preferred hour of 9ish!

When I have just the LARGE fruit smoothie with some chick peas added, I feel full pretty much until lunch!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Thanks for stopping by my journal Doreen.

It is cold here today but not like some are having.  I helped my dh take down Christmas lights at a clients home and about froze my fingers off.  It is only going to get colder.  We had winds gusting to 50 miles an hour yesterday and that drives that cold right through you.

Glad you are doing well, keep up the good work and God bless.

Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Sweet_Pea wrote:

Glad you are doing well, keep up the good work and God bless.

Thank you Carrole...don't you just love LDL, and all the wonderful people here on the boards?! *love*
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Yes, I love it.  I learn so much from reading the posts every day.  The nice people who take time to answer all our questions and cheer us on are the extra blessing God has given us besides the eating plan that God gave Roger.  I feel very excited  thinking of the work God will do within each of us this year.

Happy New Year Doreen!!!!

Love, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

When I first started I was pretty impressed with all the "staff" members that were answering questions. It wasn't long before I realized there was no staff.  That the folks answering questions were people who read the book and were eating just like me.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Me too, Enjae.  I'm especially impressed with the people who don't have any more weight to lose, but who still continue to stick around and assist us.  Thank you to Roger, LIttle Mary, Tori, and Niki (I know you think you want to lose more, but Roger says you are THIN & I'm taking his word for it!)

Loves to Doreen too!  So happy you stayed with it, girl!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

Me too - thanks!

Love,
Doreen
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

OK...here it is.  I know I haven't posted here in a while.   This past week has been extremely difficult for me.  For one thing we had 2 Termination of Parental Rights trials.   These always bring on such emotions, even though I know that it's the best interest of the children and they will be better off.   

Anyway, we had meetings this week, one was a breakfast meeting.   As luck would have it, when the alarm went off that Tuesday morning, I turned it off and promptly feel back asleep.  My husband woke me after his shower and had made his lunch.  He thought I was already up.  So I literally ran around to get ready, leaving the house 10 min. later than normal...without lunch or breakfast.  (This experience convinced me, I will no longer go bed until my lunch is ready to grab out of the refrige and toss it in my tote bag.)

Suffice it to say, there was NOTHING approriate at the breakfast meeting that day.  That very same day, work was crazy hectic so I did not have time to go out to get something appropriate, and there was dinner at the evening in-service training that same day.  You guessed it...nothing appropriate.   They served lasagna and bread sticks, with double fudge choclate chip brownies & maccadamia nut cookies for dessert.

Today is Friday, I have felt miserable all week (starting with Tuesday) and finally I have those cravings back under control that Tuesday's events ignited.   I didn't sleep well, I felt "hungry" all the time, which was not hunger, but CRAVINGS TO JUST EAT SOMETHING ALL DAY.

So here's my food journal for Thursday:

B:  banana

L:  Turkey/Beef meatloaf, refried beans & Corn

Snack:  Chopped Apples w/raisins, splenda & cinnamon baked in the microwave

D:  Chopped tomatoes w/onion, EVOO drizzled on top, with S & P

Snack:  Popcorn

SO...today is Friday and I slept well and I finally feel like I am in control again.  I can't say it enough...GOING OFF PLAN IS SO NOT WORTH IT...and next time, I'll just be extra LATE if I have to.  I am determined to never be unprepared for the day again.  Lord, HELP ME!

Last edited by Saved4Life on February 6th, 2009, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Doreen,  I agree with you about going off plan not being worth it.  We went to The Texas Roadhouse last night and I was able to stay on plan as I had prayed before going and was able to leave feeling so content and happy with myself instead of having to beat myself up.  Sometimes there just aren't any options if we aren't prepared and I have been there a few times.

Is your son still in Iraq and how much longer does he serve over there?  keep him in my prayers.

Hope you have a less hectic week and God bless you.

Hugs, Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Sweet_Pea wrote:Hi Doreen,  I agree with you about going off plan not being worth it.  We went to The Texas Roadhouse last night and I was able to stay on plan as I had prayed before going and was able to leave feeling so content and happy with myself instead of having to beat myself up.  Sometimes there just aren't any options if we aren't prepared and I have been there a few times.

Is your son still in Iraq and how much longer does he serve over there?   keep him in my prayers.

Hope you have a less hectic week and God bless you.  Hugs, Carrole

Hi Carrole,

The weekend went smoothly (food), and Monday is here already.  So far this week looks to be shaping up on the side of Good for a change.  We had two adoptions today, AMEN!

Yes, Steve is still in Iraq and will be until September, as the plan is at the moment.  My heart hurts knowing he's over there and his life is in danger every single day.  Prayer is helping me through it, and knowing that others are praying helps so much, so thank you for your prayers.

Have a blessed week,
Doreen
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

02-09-09

B -  Mixed Fruit smoothie

L - Chicken/Vege/Northern Bean Soup

Snack - Grapes

D - Popcorn, Strawberries
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

02-10-09

B-  Mixed Fruit Smoothie

L -  Turkey Chilli

Dinner:  Tossed Salad FF Dressing

Snack: POPCORN
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi D -- Looks like you have really streamlined your menu.  How's your appetite now that you've been on LDL for a few months?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Have fun on your vacation.  I will miss your posts while you are gone.  Try to remember to eat LDL foods until you are full.

-Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:Hi D -- Looks like you have really streamlined your menu.  How's your appetite now that you've been on LDL for a few months?

Hey Gwen,

Well most of the time, I go through my day feeling content having had my (huge) smoothie on the way to work and the first hour of work.  It keeps me feeling full until lunch...this being an accomplishment in itself.

My appetite has changed drastically!  :thumbsup: In the evening sometimes all I have is a bowl of popcorn, and I am good for the night.

LDL is such a blessing in my life.  Again, thank you for sharing God's gift of LDL.  I can't wait until we both arrive at Skinnytown and we go out to celebrate together!!!

Love,
D
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

lifegoeson24n7 wrote:Have fun on your vacation.  I will miss your posts while you are gone.  Try to remember to eat LDL foods until you are full.  -Jill

Hi Jill,

Thank you we are going to have a blast.  Hubby's brother has a schedule that is jam-packed with places to go, things to see.  I can't want to find the star's footprints in Hollywood.  Who knows, maybe a talent seeker will discover me,  :kissed:  and I'll be a star...then I'll be able to spread the word about LDL more!!

Ok....zzzzzzzzzzz....back to planet earth.    I will keep praying for God to give me the strength to make the healthiest choices possible on all our jaunts around California!!

Have a blessed day,
Doreen