Linda RN's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Patapples

Re: Linda RN's Journal

Post by Patapples »

That's great about your husbands blood pressure and both of your weight loss.  Also Congrats on your 36th anniversary. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

There is now another side effect to LDL. I am so over the cravings and loving the weight melting off, that I have become very lazy. Seems all I want to do is read the boards and eat either popcorn or watermelon at night. Have no desire to cook! I know I should and ran out of lunch stuff, this week, but just knowing that if I just eat a piece of fruit, I will see more weight come off is somehow satisfying. I don't want it to stop. I have never ever in my life even squeezed into anything smaller than an 8. I am wondering if it is really possible to reshape my body now into what it is supposed to be. I am so ready to see it happen. Maybe by fall, the foot pain will be cured and I can start running (sprinting).

BTW I am loosing eating huge amounts of air-popped popcorn, but that is my evening meal. Nothing else. I think I would gain if I were using it as a snack, especially a between-meal snack. Tonight I stuffed myself will a chilled half watermelon. Looking forward to seeing the scales go down tomorrow.

Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

I've become really lazy, too, regarding my watermelon and cantaloupe. I don't want to have to go to the trouble of cutting them, so I've been buying them already cut up, at 3-4 times the price it would be if I would just cut them myself. LOVE MY WATERMELON FOR SUPPER!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Guess I am too lazy to cut it up also and too cheap to buy it cut up. Sooooo I bring them home slic in half and just take a spoon and eat out of the natural bowl! The empty bowl goes to the chickens or horses, LOL. Of course I scoop out the seeds from the cantelope half,
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LINDA RN wrote:Guess I am too lazy to cut it up also and too cheap to buy it cut up. Sooooo I bring them home slic in half and just take a spoon and eat out of the natural bowl! The empty bowl goes to the chickens or horses, LOL. Of course I scoop out the seeds from the cantelope half,

This is what I do too because when I spend all the time cutting off the rind and then cutting into bite size pieces I end up eating approximately 1/2 of a melon anyway -- so why go thru all that trouble. Also, my husband and I eat popcorn every night for our supper and sometimes I even have it in between meals.  The only thing I have to watch out for is the amount of olive oil I put on my popcorn.  I've gotten to like it too much and keep adding more and more -- probably not a good thing but oh so good!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

DH likes to spray the oilive oil on his too. It tastes good but I am avoiding eating to much like that. I know I could get t where I spray more and more also. I first was into shaking Parmesian cheese on mine instead of olive oil. Don't think it affected me too much but have backed off of using it also. Just dropped another pound today! Watermelon flush is so wonderful!  :thumbsup:
Last edited by LINDA RN on June 19th, 2010, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

LINDA RN wrote: Just dropped another pound today! Watermelon flush is so wonderful!  :thumbsup:

Congrats on another pound gone  :thumbsup:  Watermelon is a great flush -- gets rid of a lot of stored water weight!
patns

Post by patns »

Hi Linda, had you been at a stall for a while before you started eating more fruit? I have been stalled and wonder if I need to watch the protein more closely.

Pat
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Pat,
I was in a stall for 5 months from beginning LDL in Nov until April. It was winter. Ate grapes and bananas mostly. I really think my biggest problem was eating eggs every morning. I was so afraid of having my blood sugars bottom out at work, that I thought the protein would spare me. I did not have the drops in blood sugars, but even eating eggs so early in the morning I still felt hungry every 2 hrs. When I was able to stop eating in the morning and only have popcorn or fruit in the evening is when the weight started to drop. I am not hungry so I am eating far less than I was in the beginning. I think the years of abuse of yo yo dieting (mostly starvation) messed up my system. Seems I only can loose weight eating one meal a day. I am in the process of retraining my body to change that up. You will just have to spend some time with the Lord seeking wisdom on what you should do to break out of the stall. What worked for me may not work for you.

I think Coding Queen posted a chart on acid and alkalizing foods. Proteins are acidifying so they along with other acid forming foods should only be 25% of the total volume intake. You don't want to decrease the protein too much, but if you are consuming alot in proportion to the other foods especially at night, then try decreasing. Right now my protein intake is way down mostly because of not feeling like cooking at night to have a meal for the next day's lunch. I am craving fruit right now so I am OK with that. I know that if I start getting really hungry again, it is time to increase the protein. Let us know what works for you. It will likely help someone else.
Linda

patns

Post by patns »

First, I love the new picture!!!

Your journal had caught my eye because I think I noticed somewhere that you are vertically challenged like me, I am 5' and a bit.

Sounds like your dieting history is like mine too, the yo-yoing and semi starvation have taken its toll on me too.

I am 62 and still working for another year or so. As soon as school is over the last day of June I will have time to study things more such as the LDL red book again and the chart Coding Queen posted I was looking at that, just need to get better organized with it. What I realized from reading about the acid / alkalizing foods is that the amount of coffee I was having needed to be cut down.

What I will do for the next week and a half will be like you did. I am fine with fruit in the morning, I am not a morning person. I have my big meal at lunch and right now everything is so hectic at school at that part of the day I am barely registering what I am eating.
I think where I went off track was I got nervous when so many people said they were gaining with popcorn in the evening. I was losing when I first started and that's what I had.
So I'll work to follow the simple basic plan and as you said if I do get hungry then add protein again.
Thanks for your help.
Pat
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks, Pat, glad I could help.
When I seemed to be stalled, I cut out the popcorn, grapes and bananas. Those things apparently were not the problem.
Making this plan work with a busy work schedule was a real challenge. I am sure that you will have a chance to get a routine established
once school is out. But weeks before you go back, practice making and eating for lunch like you will when school is in. Hopefully you will be down several sizes by then and feeling so great that fixing lunch and taking it to work will be no problem.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- Another great picture of the "current" you!  You must be feeling good about yourself and your progress.  You go girl!!!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You inspired me, Pam.
The change in your pictures was so great I had to come up with something.
Linda

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Linda RN
What a great picture, is this one more recent then the last one?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Linda!  Isn't this fun?  When was the last time we wanted anyone to see a picture of us?  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wendy,
Took this pic myself yesterday. Thought the other one last week made me look older than I felt, LOL

Pam, it has been probably 25 years since I have had any decent pictures taken. Hated the way I looked. Not there yet now, but I can really see myself getting slim again.
Last edited by LINDA RN on June 27th, 2010, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- This is another miracle of LDL.  People keep telling me I look younger!  Pam
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I also think that is a very nice picture of you, you have nice smile.  I take terrible pictures.  How many pounds have you lost so far?

I am also a yo yo dieter, and have been since I was 16 and that has been a long time.  I am also short 5' 1.2"and very inactive because of my back.  After reading your journal and a few of the others I am eating too much.  I have lost a few pounds but not many.  I don't know if I can cut back anymore. 

I also eat popcorn in the evenings, I use Can't Believe its not Butter Spray on mine. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Pat,
As of yesterday, I have lost 40lbs. Half of that was doing LDL. The rest was from just cutting out MSG, Corn Syrup and making healthier choices. Don't try cutting back until the cravings are gone. I went 5 months not loosing anything. THEN the weight started to fall off. Eliminate a meal that you are not hungry for. For me it was breakfast. Years of starvation diets made that easy. I could eat one meal a day and maintain a normal weight. For me it was always supper that I ate. But as soon as I would start adding an additionla meal, the weight would inch up. I had no idea that it was because I was eating the processed stuff that I was gaining. Now I know that I can maintain eating however many meals a day as long as it is UNPROCCESSED foods.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, seems like I totally have to flop a recipe before I can tweek it. I had some frozen Flounder fillets from Sam's. DH thought they were breaded when he bought them. I have never fixed fish that I did not dip in egg and then seasoned flour and fry. Had been thinking about Mary J's recipe for Lemon-Mustard Pork chops and thought I might try it on the fish. Did not have any parsley, so substituted Old Bay seasoning. The grilling sauce was really good and it did leave a crispy coating on the top. I broiled them in the Turbo. Butttt..... I did not thaw them out first and they were pretty soggy. I drained off some of the water before trying to turn them. They still fell apart but they were tasty. I think I will try it again with chicken and pork chops (and be sure they are thawed first). I really liked the taste of the Dijon Mustard and lemon. DH will probably want me to try something using horseradish mustard. This is the fist time using Old Bay seasoning. Thanks, Sicilian Mama for mentioning it. DH is shaking it on everything including the boiled cauliflower I fixed today to go with the fish. So far the only goof-proof recipes for me were Taco Soup, Pizza Soup and Shepherd's Pie. Those came off great first time. But I need to force myself to try new things. So will be experimenting with this Lemon-Mustard baste. I think I can finally make it work.

I did manage to get 18 eggs boiled and peeled today and now they are pickling in picked beets with fresh sweet onions added in. Yummy. Have to limit them since they are picked in sugar. Not something that I eat all the time or that stirr up cravings. Have not had any in a year or more. Get hungry for them (nostalgia...missing my momma) and then after I eat some, I am good for a long time.
Last edited by LINDA RN on June 27th, 2010, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda