Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mylifeforhim

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by mylifeforhim »

If you are hungry eat.  I did not eat enough in the beginning and it caused me setbacks.  Now I do eat more like the ladies member journals and cannot believe it!  I am not having a lot of weight loss but am losing inches.  I went down 2 sizes and had the best and first time in a long time of clothes shopping.  It will happen.  I still can't believe it either. :D

I always shop and eat what's on sale.  Find your favorite grocery stores and look for the fresh, frozen and canned fruit on sale.  My husband and I spend a lot less on groceries now and eat better than we ever did.

When you see the results you will be so pleased that you followed LDL.  Plan your eating and then just get busy with life and you will forget about other things you might like to eat.  If you think about something or have a craving eat LDL and if that is difficult tell your body it had better just behave because you are the boss and taking control from now on.  I found myself becoming better in all areas of my life and it will happen for you too *love*
Last edited by Anonymous on November 30th, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the advice mylifeforhim! I feel like such a failure today! I went off for another week and just ate anything. I feel awful. I gained 5 pounds back. I just don't feel strong.
Today
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
have no fruit or food in the house and have to work all day so not sure what I can manage for lunch or dinner
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

When I am hungry and nothing around to eat, I get the Broasted chicken from Wal-Mart. I eat the breast meat, peeling off the skin. Share the dark meat with whoever does not need to loose. Boil the bones and skin for broth and skim off the fat when cool. Save for your recipes that have chicken broth in them or just make a chicken bean stew!
Last edited by LINDA RN on December 3rd, 2010, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I made it through yesterday okay
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
lunch: 3 corn thins with polander jelly, apple
dinner: salad with turkey and beans, banana, popcorn

Today
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs, banana
Lunch: salad with turkey and beans
dinner: hoping to try a pumpkin smoothie of some kind, popcorn
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ummmm...  I love pumpkin smoothies and have a batch in the refrigerator.  Great heated up on a cool morning, but also wonderful frozen like ice cream.  Pam
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Pumpkin Smoothies, yummmy.  I am going to do that tonight with popcorn for dinner. 
Jennie,  Don't give up.  If you just stick with LDL, it will all come together.  When you fall off, get back up, brush the dust off, take a cleansing breath, and get back on.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jennie, Don't give up.  Just think, you can have as much pumpkin smoothie as you desire.  Start eating LDL  until you're full and satisfied, and you'll find your self back  on tract.  The key to LDL is to not go hungry.  There are an abundance of great foods to enjoy. :D  JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Well the last 2 days have been difficult but I managed to stay pure LDL. I weighed myself this morning and I've taken off the 5 pounds I gained in 2 days! Yippee!  I didn't have the ingredients for the pumpkin smoothie yesterday so I mixed canned pumpkin with applesauce with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and stevia - it was good!  Sunday we are getting together to bake Christmas cookies - can I get through the day without a nibble??
Today
breakfast: refried beans, poached eggs
lunch: chili, apple
dinner: banana, popcorn
Thanks all for your support, I am back on track! YAY!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jenny, you can bake the cookies without nibbling if you are satisfied with delicious fruits.  Keep a big glass of smoothie close.  Of course, You'll probably have to share when others see how delicious it looks.  You could have a big plate of cut up apples, tangerines, and chunk pineapple.  Pop a piece in your mouth when you feel tempted.  It works, and you don't need to limit yourself.  :thumbsup:  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ditto, Joyful Friend.  That's how to do it.  It works for me. The house smells good, my grandchildren are making memories, and we are all happy!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Having lots of fresh fruit and a delicious smoothie around while you back has the added benefit that when you smell those smells again you will have wonderful memories of eating the fruit and/or smoothie and the smells and memory will spike a fresh fruit/smoothie craving and not a craving for the processed stuff.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the tips - I will try that even though the temptation of freshly baked cookies will be challenging. I hope you are right Linda and the smells will just prompt me to eat more fruit.

I adore pumpkin but I notice that everytime I eat pumpkin, I have horrible heartburn - does this happen to anyone else? I ate the black bean and pumpkin chili yesterday for lunch and had to take a prilosec at dinner because the heartburn was so bad. Ditto for pumpkin pie.

Today: refried beans, eggbeaters, grapes
lunch: grapes, plum, apple, banana
dinner: salad with chicken, popcorn if hungry
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I haven't had that problem with pumpkin.  Quite a while back someone mentioned that if you eat some apple slices before eating a meal it will keep you from getting heart burn.  I don't ever have heart burn anymore so I haven't tried it but it would be better then medication if it works.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for the tip Wendy. I will try it because I have noticed a worsening of my heartburn. I am trying to cut back on Prilosec to every other day.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thursday
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: CHipotle
dinner: salad, apple
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hi Jencita, just wanted to share with you one of the tricks I use to keep me satisfied with LDL foods. when I get tempted with cookies, or heaven forbid....... candy I think of the most delectalbe fruit I would love to have and I treat myself to that fruit..... as much as I want. In that way I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything. In fact it ends up being a treat.
It does get easier and as you begin to look at this a just the way you eat it looses the diet feel. One of the biggest challenges is to dump all the diet self talk. It really helps to make one more satisfied with this woe. another big point is to just eat those foods you love. Don't make yourself eat anything you don't absolutely love eating. It took me awhile with this one as I was so use to eating stuff because it was on the "diet" Not anymore. Eat till full of only the foods you love.
There, I've said enough and I am sure it is nothing you haven't already heard before.
You are doing great! Keep up the good work.
hugs,
Bobbi
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I agree with hopefull
We just eat our favorited LDL dishes all the time. If you really like it, it is never boring.
When I think about it, I only had a few favorite dishes before LDL that I fixed anyway.
I just have to fix them more often since we have quit running to fast food places.
Don't even like the taste of the junk anymore.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I couldn't agree with you more, Linda.  Junk food and fast food no longer have any appeal.  If I weren't living it, I wouldn't believe it.  I never thought I could get to this point.  Isn't it wonderful.  BTW- I loved your picture jumping for the joy of LDL!!!  Pam
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have never really loved fruit - I have actually ate vegetables more than fruit in the past.  Don't get me wrong, I like fruit but it is nothing I would crave like chocolate and such.  I am loving the grapes more and more. I just wish they weren't so expensive. Yesterday was a hard day for me.  I got very hungry last night and kept craving the pumpkin cheesecake that I know is in my freezer for Christmas day. I wanted it so bad. My husband is the one that talked me out of it and I settled for applesauce and popcorn.  Today is the challenge, knowing that I will be baking all day. I am trying very hard to get the mindset that this is a WOE for life and I am not on a diet or depriving myself.
Yest Friday
breakfast: refried beans, eggs, banana
lunch: lentil soup, apple
dinner: salad with chicken, banana
snack: applesauce and popcorn

Today:
breakfast: banana

lunch: refried beans, eggs
dinner: not sure yet
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

There are very few who can determine to actually loose weight this time of year. The best most of us strive for is to enjoy the Holidays and not gain. So Eat, Eat Eat LDL foods until you are so stuffed you cannot eat another bite. Fix some satisfying soups that give you a full satisfied feeling and eat till full before you go anywhere else to eat or do any baking.

I never enjoyed fruit all that much either. I disliked having it around because it would usually rot. Why? because when I wanted something sweet I would always go for the chocolate or turnovers, or.... Once I determined I cannot have anything with wheat, rice, oats or cornsyrup in it, that meant I could not have any of that in the house. Now when I want something sweet, all there is around is fruit and now I crave it.

Can you commit to do this for a year?
Then as soon as the holidays are over, get rid of all LDL foods and just make this your year long journey. You may find yourself at goal in 6 months but once there, you will never want to grow back into the clothes you were forced to give away!

As for grapes, WalMart here had them for 88cents/lb. last week. Keep checking on sales. Fugi, Gala, and Red Delicious apples are bery sweet and satisfying. Last year the rage was the Cuties. They are all in season and you will find yourself eating less once the cravings are gone.
Linda