Jennie's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
jencita
Master Member

Re: Jennie's Journal

Post by jencita »

Well LP I can't even begin to describe how helpful your words were - I really appreciate your snack suggestions. I unfortunately am working seven days a week at this point but am hoping to have a lighter load in the summer and then I plan to do just as you suggest regarding cooking ahead and freezing.  I have never tried soynuts but want to because I really want to try the soynut/raison combo - I can put a baggy of that at my desk at work and no one will ever know I am snacking.  I really do need to drink more water - I hate running to the bathroom so I tend not to drink a whole lot throughout the day. 
Tina, I am glad to here that you are doing well despite the stresses.  My big problem is my emotional eating - when something goes wrong, I eat and when something goes right, I eat. Grrr! I am going to make a success of this and I appreciate all you wonderful people for helping and supporting me.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Jennie,
I'm like you. I used to eat for every occasion and temperament. If I was depressed I ate, happy I ate, sad I ate, angry I ate. You're among friends here. You're going to do fine. I believe in you.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

I so understand emotional eating!! I've done it so long, I can't remember NOT doing it! But, when I was growing up, some of the  happiest memories I have are of family gatherings on Sundays after church. Or family gatherings to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or fish fries at the lake! What's not to love about all of that? And, in today's life, we don't do that very often...........sad, isn't it? But, it's a whole different world out there. And I don't think I'm just showing my age here. I believe it IS a different world!!

Isn't it wonderful that we have this place to come and share and find others who know what we're talking about? You are probably so exhausted that your brain is fried half the time! Ugh! I have days like that. I think we all do! My son is a quadriplegic and he is 24/7 care. I'm not complaining; but, it is a lot of wear & tear on the body & mind! Without God's love and help, I'd never have survived these past 24 years!

I think LP gave such wonderful advice and practical tips for snacks. I'm going to incorporate some of those in my life, too! Hang in there Jen! God is good!
Shari

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank you all of you for your support - I need it.  Well yesterday was fat Tuesday and I did it  up well.  Beginning today I vow not to go off plan ever again.  I bought soynuts for the first time - they were quite tasty.  I am assuming that I can eat these freely on LDL?  I am going to mix them with golden raisons and bring them to work with me today so I have something to snack on.
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs
lunch: soynuts/raisons, apple, banana
dinner:  maybe some chili
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

I cannot find dry roasted soynuts anywhere! Did you buy them online and if so, where? Walmart used to carry them; but, not anymore. Not here anyway. I had a bag of soy beans and made my own a couple of weeks ago; but, I had left my sweet husband in charge and he left them in the oven too long. They didn't burn, cause it was the low 200 degree time. They are just hard as rocks! My teeth don't like them. I want to try the soynuts with the raisins. That just sounds good to me.
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Shari,
I am sure you could find the soy nuts at a health food store, or find them on line also.
I have avoided soy because I suspect I have thyroid issues
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I found them at Hienens.  Linda - what does soy do to thyroid issues?  I have hypothyroidism.  My family loved the soy nuts - they ate them all up
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Soy can block thyroid function.
Nikki has made some posts about it.
Some people can do fine on it. I just have avoided it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

thanks Linda - I googled it and I guess I better stay away too.  I have been having so many hot flashes lately that I was hoping soy would help but I don't want to throw my thyroid out of whack - been doing well on the meds. 
This is day 3 on LDL - weighed myself this morning hoping for a loss but no such luck.  I have to try to remember all the little tricks I used to make me successful the first time around.  Plan to do well today.  Hoping to exercise as well.  A girl at work just gave me (out of no where) a new bible based on everyday living and a wonderful devotional by Susan Young.  Such good timing for me. 
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
lunch: have to help my mom and dad move so not sure
dinner: hoping to just have a fruit smoothie
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Had a bad day yesterday.  My emotional eating was awful.  My sister's friend son was shot and killed at Chardon High School yesterday. My friend's son was at the same table as the boys that were shot just 2 minutes before the shots were fired - he is okay albeit very shaken.  Just way too close for comfort - just 20 minutes from my home.  Please pray for this community. 
I am going to try to do good today.  I am at work and having a difficult time concentrating. 
Breakfast: refried beans and eggs
lunch: grapes, corn thins, garlic hummus
dinner: chili, smoothie
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

So sad.. Do you have kids that go to that school? Is this kinda thing new for your community?
You never know when some kid will go crazy at school. When my kids were in school I worried lot. Hope things get better there.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I was so sorry to hear about this story Jencita. I was wondering if it had affected any of our Ohio friends.
I cannot imagine what those poor families are going through. Our thoughts and prayers will be with all of them.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My cousin's daughter teaches at a neighboring school district and she is pretty shaken too.
Linda

Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Jennie, I will pray for the families & friends who were affected by this horrible tragedy! So sad that there are young people so lost that this is the only way they deal with it. Makes me want to cry.
Shari

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  My kids do not go to this school but way too close to home. Three of the students have now died.  This is a very quiet small community so extremely unexpected.  I would expect it more at our high school because I think our high school is way too big to give any sort of individualized attention.  Our high school made national headlines a few years ago due to five suicides within two years.  My daughter was part of that class and it really affected her.  One of the students who committed suicide made comments to my daughter about her intentions.  My daughter reported it to the teacher yet nothing was done.  She has suffered terrible guilt about this, thinking she could have done more.  I had another bad day yesterday.  I feel now that I am gaining weight and I am feeling so unhealthy. 
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs
lunch: banana, hummus, corn thins
dinner: chili, smoothie
Please God, help the Chardon community and help me not to overeat today.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Such a sad situation, Jennie! I feel so bad for your daughter. The girl who told your daughter never thought about the people she was leaving behind. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  :'(
Shari

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I agree Shari - suicide only makes matters worse.
Today is day 2 of staying true to LDL - YAY!!
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs, banana
lunch: corn thins, hummus
dinner: chili, chicken, broccoli - I was hungry but only LDL foods.  I really have a sweet tooth right now - I might have a smoothie but trying to hold out.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Carry on Jencita, tomorrow will be day three!
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Good for you, Jennie! Just take it 1 day at a time(or 1 minute or 1 second!!) and before you know it there will be weeks & months behind you!  ;D
Shari

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank all - well I did it - day number three down.  My daughter made cookies and I was able to say "no" - I have not done that in a long time. I am so psyched. I just pray I can continue this.  I don't plan on weighing myself til Monday.
Breakfast: refried beans, eggs, banana
lunch: chili, grapefruit
dinner: fruit

Yesterday also was the first day in a long time that I was satisfied just eating fruit for dinner.
When I looked at those cookies and ice cream yesterday - I kept telling myself "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and it worked!!