Doreen's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Saved4Life

Re: Doreen's Journal

Post by Saved4Life »

02-11-09

My food journal is rather boring, very repetative...but I do have some good news...when I first started LDL, I had to put LOTS of Splenda in my smoothie to get it sweet enough for my taste.  I have been using less & less as time went on and this morning..........drum roll........ I didn't add any Splenda at all, YUM YUM YUM *woot*    And I am down to 2 diet Pepsi a day, as opposed to 5 or 6 a day in my pre-LDL days!!!!

B - Smoothie

L - Chicken/vege/northern bean  soup, big salad w/FF dressing and Blue cheese crumbles

S - Apple

D - 2 ears corn on the cob w/smart blance light & sea salt

S - popcorn

PS  I am getting more nervous as the days pass, about staying on LDL while on our vacation... :sad:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Saved4Life wrote:PS  I am getting more nervous as the days pass, about staying on LDL while on our vacation... :sad:

Y B Sad, D? ? ?  They have chicken & fish, fresh fruits & veg in California !  The good Lord has not ONCE left me is a situation where there was not safe LDL foods for me to enjoy when I was hungry.  I'm praying for your confidence in HIS care.  He won't leave you hangin' girl!

Kayce (DD#1) ships extra clothes & other things that she can't live without via UPS ground, to her vacation destination for mere pennies.  So buy yourself another hot air popper online & have it delivered to your destination to save the extra baggage fees.  Remember how you used to prepare ahead foods to take in your camper for the weekend?  Do that in California.  Keep grapes in your room & LDL munchies in the car.  Will you have a rental car?

Are you staying in a motel, or at BIL's full time?  Surely they would not be offended and guilt you into eating non-LDL foods ? ? ? Especially since it's a medical issue for both you & Wayne.  Call me & I'll fly out there & sit on them.  Or call Rob & Veronica.  They'll come over & sit on them for me.

Love ya,
Gwennaford Grape
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 12th, 2009, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:
Saved4Life wrote:PS  I am getting more nervous as the days pass, about staying on LDL while on our vacation... :sad:

Y B Sad, D? ? ?  They have chicken & fish, fresh fruits & veg in California !  The good Lord has not ONCE left me is a situation where there was not safe LDL foods for me to enjoy when I was hungry.  I'm praying for your confidence in HIS care.  He won't leave you hangin' girl!

Kayce (DD#1) ships extra clothes & other things that she can't live without via UPS ground, to her vacation destination for mere pennies.  So buy yourself another hot air popper online & have it delivered to your destination to save the extra baggage fees.  Remember how you used to prepare ahead foods to take in your camper for the weekend?  Do that in California.  Keep grapes in your room & LDL munchies in the car.  Will you have a rental car?

Are you staying in a motel, or at BIL's full time?  Surely they would not be offended and guilt you into eating non-LDL foods ? ? ? Especially since it's a medical issue for both you & Wayne.  Call me & I'll fly out there & sit on them.  Or call Rob & Veronica.  They'll come over & sit on them for me.

Love ya,
Gwennaford Grape

You crack me up, Gwen...always make me  ;D ;D ;D

I have communicated with BIL - we are staying w/him the whole time, no rental car, he's taking off from work while we are there.    He said our first day we'll go to the market to get whatever we like to eat (not that we'll be "home" to do much other than shower and sleep)...so on that shopping trip I'll be sure to load up on fruits, etc.  I wish I had thought of that idea - ordering a air popper to be sent to his house.  Too late now, no telling when it would get there...so I'll check into the popcorn situation when we get there.  I just might have to buy one there.    I am bracing myself for the sticker price shock of shopping there vs. here!!!

Thank you for the prayers...keep 'em going up... :rose:

Loves ya,
Doreen *love*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

This will be my last post on my journal until I get back from vacation in California *woot*

Don't forget to pray for me to be strong and stay LDL whenever possible  :rolleyes:

02-12-09

B - Fruit Smoothie

L-  Turkey Chili

D -  Butternut Squash Soup, popcorn

NOTE:  If you have never tired the Butternut Squash Soup Recipe...you absolutely must....it is so yummy.  I made this the night before, and put in the frige.  Last night when I took it out of the frige, I poured it into my blender until it was super creamy!    It tasted very rich and creamy, but it was totally fat free.  What an awesome soup!

THANK YOU to whoever posted that recipe...I think it was Ms. Pat, but not sure. 
DH and I absolutely LOVE it  *love* *love* *love*
Last edited by Saved4Life on March 9th, 2009, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

I am getting back in the groove, having been on vacation for 2 weeks.

I was back to work, and back to LDL 100% on March 2nd...and so glad to be back (not to work, but to LDL!)

This weekend was hit and miss...WAY too busy!  I did manage to make a meatloaf with super lean beef, ground turkey breast, 2 cups of red beans pureed (cooked from dried beans in my crock pot)...finely minced onion, and approx. 1 cup tomato sauce (I go by consitencey and don't measure usually), garlic salt, chopped green pepper, 1 can diced green chillies, 1 tablespoon cumin.  YUMMM.  Had that for lunch today with steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, and some pinto beans!

I'll be popping in but my menu doesn't vary much from day to day, but I am going to try my best to start trying some of these awesome recipes...it's just a matter of finding the TIME :rolleyes:
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Doreen, 

Just wanted to say welcome back from the great state of California.  I love vacationing there and going to the markets.  We have nothing like that here so it was a great fun thing for us to do. 

Hope you have a great Tuesday.

Hugs, Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi Carrole,

Thanks, we had a great time in California...I'd never been there before, it's beautiful.  My BIL has lived there for YEARS and loves it.  I enjoyed it but I could never live in all that traffic!!

Have a bean-utiful LDL Day!

Doreen *love*
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Saved4Life wrote:Have a bean-utiful LDL Day!

:thumbsup:
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks Niki...you too *love*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

I am so happy to share this....

3/11/09

B - BIG smoothie

L - Pork Tenderloin w/sliced onion (cooked yesterday in the crock pot), with pinto BEANS, corn, and 3 BEAN salad. 

TODAY AT LUNCH IS THE FIRST TIME SINCE VACATION I FELT TOTALLY FULL BEFORE I FINISHED MY LUNCH!  LOOKS LIKE THE BEAN SALAD WILL BE WAITING FOR ME FOR LUNCH TOMORROW!

:)  :)   :)   :)  :)  :)   :)   :) 

D - Popcorn, 3 Bean Salad
Last edited by Saved4Life on March 12th, 2009, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

3/12/09

B-  Grapenuts with fresh strawberries & blueberries, with a scant splash of skim milk, all washed down with a fruit smoothie

L -  That was going to be difficult (failure to plan, tonight is grocery shopping)...so I opened the refrige and starred for a minute, then went to the pantry...and this is what I came up with....
      Crumbled up leftover meatloaf, poured salsa on top, added some left over corn, and threw in some pinto beans, mixed it all together.  After lunch I'll tell ya if it was good or not!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Doreen,

Did you buy the Grapenuts before LDL or after?  You may want to rethink eating them.  Here is a list of the ingredients: Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Salt, Caramel Color, Sodium Phosphate, Dried Yeast. Vitamins and Minerals.  Sounds good, but Oh, so bad!  Try Shredded Wheat or steel-cut oats. Hope I didn't mess you up too much. *lipssealed* :thumbdown: :bomb: *scyth* *evil*
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Oh my gosh...I was sure there was no sugar in the ingredients...YIKES  :wacko:

We always have Grapenuts on hand, because Wayne eats them...I only eat them, once in a blue moon, I am not a cereal eater...so I'll just leave them alone!

BTW...the concoction I made for lunch was YUMMM  :thumbsup:
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

patsyfay wrote:Doreen,

Did you buy the Grapenuts before LDL or after?  You may want to rethink eating them.  Here is a list of the ingredients: Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar,

Pat,
When I got home I looked at the label on the Grapenuts again...there is no sugar of any kind listed.  I can't remember exactly what the ingredients are, but no sugars!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Doreen,

I went online and looked up 'Grapenuts ingredients' and that is what I pasted into my post to you.  I, too, looked at the box at the store this morning and found no sugar mentioned. All I can say is, a little investigation might be needed.  The first two ingredients are whole grain FLOUR and FLOUR, which we know turns to sugar when you eat it. We're not allowed flour on LDL, so that might be something to think about. (I used to eat a big bowl of grapenuts as my evening snack before LDL, so I know how you feel  :sad:).

Love,
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Malted is another form of SUGAR! I remember Carolyn talking to us about this once. Put in search and see what comes up.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Reply #6 on this post is a list of 100 names for hidden sugars:  ;)

• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

[glow=red,2,300]WOW....THANKS EVERYBODY!!! 

No more Grapenuts for me.  The funny thing is, I really am not a cereal lover...it was just my husband was eating them that morning, and with the fresh strawberries & blueberries, it just looked so good...LOL

Thank you all so much...they are so NOT WORTH IT!!

Love you All,
Doreen
[/glow]
  *love*
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Weekend - TOTALLY LDL....AIN'T IT A BEAN-UTIFUL WORLD BEING A LDL'ER!!!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA!!

Yesterday...3/16/09

B - Big fruit smoothie

L - Big bowl of Turkey Chilli with extra BEANS added

D - Steamed Broccoli, Caulifower & Carrots with "Cream Sauce" poured on top (Butternut Squash Soup) YUMMMMM

Snack - popcorn